aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610619 times)

Offline BetaSpectre

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.98B - 31 Mar - I Can See My House From Here!
« Reply #2175 on: April 07, 2016, 11:16:28 pm »
Most any ship can be taken down with dragons with 4 railguns or 2-3 of them.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2176 on: April 08, 2016, 02:40:04 am »
Killer Maids are coming. Will be available as a disguise for the Mansion Robbery mission.

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #2177 on: April 08, 2016, 10:44:59 am »
Just a question: Will there be an evac area in the mansion mission? Like for example after stealing enough stuff could you run back to the starting area to leave with your loot.

The most fun would be to make it really work like a heist. You'd get full map visibility on first turn (the gals prepared their attack), and at turn 10 several squads of security guards enter the mansion, causing you to run for the exit with your booty. I'm pretty sure, both are impossible with OXC but one can dream.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: April 08, 2016, 10:48:24 am »
Just a question: Will there be an evac area in the mansion mission? Like for example after stealing enough stuff could you run back to the starting area to leave with your loot.

The most fun would be to make it really work like a heist. You'd get full map visibility on first turn (the gals prepared their attack), and at turn 10 several squads of security guards enter the mansion, causing you to run for the exit with your booty. I'm pretty sure, both are impossible with OXC but one can dream.

1/ We have full visibility on base defense missions for example, so even if it's hardcoded (I don't know), we can easily extract it to ruleset.

2/ Adding new enemies mid-mission was already asked for by hellrazor... but since he's not using oxce+, I have it on very low prio. I can have a look if it gets upvoted.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2179 on: April 08, 2016, 05:04:53 pm »

Multiple evac areas, depending on your luck (1-4). All visible. Starting block is visible too. Everything else - not, as it would make the mission harder in some ways (you don't know where you've been already) and do away with the exploration fun. The thing you're talking about with security guards can be emulated by putting them into a single mapblock, but such solutions work best on paper. I mean the potential security guards are unlikely to make this mission any more tactical... simply much harder.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #2180 on: April 08, 2016, 09:12:40 pm »
Updated Parrot sprite.  Facings were messed up.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: April 08, 2016, 09:13:54 pm »
1/ We have full visibility on base defense missions for example, so even if it's hardcoded (I don't know), we can easily extract it to ruleset.
In the terrain definition you can define a property 'revealedFloors' (going by memory, maybe the name is a little different) that makes the floor, for the map module in which it is defined, visibile.
(the alien base map module where x-com units are spawned use this, so check the alien base terrain for an example).
So you could just define a terrain with all its map modules having revealedFloors, with the result of making the generated map fully visibile.
Haven't tested but should work.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 09:19:15 pm by robin »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2182 on: April 08, 2016, 10:00:55 pm »
Multiple evac areas, depending on your luck (1-4). All visible.

I'm already using this function, bro :P

Offline superschokokeks

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: April 08, 2016, 11:21:02 pm »
Should I use sneaky Ai or shouldn't I?

What is intended? Does it matter?

Is that the reason why all/most of the enemies stays in specific ufos (small two story ufo, which are used by spartans and bandit/raider)

Offline Bloax

• Colonel
  • do you want to be any of those things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: April 08, 2016, 11:26:25 pm »
Don't use sneaky AI, it'll just make your life miserable and the game not very fun.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #2185 on: April 08, 2016, 11:42:00 pm »
Is that the reason why all/most of the enemies stays in specific ufos (small two story ufo, which are used by spartans and bandit/raider)

No, thats not the reason.  Some UFOs are so designed that the crew stays in them.  This presents a breaching puzzle.  (One which, BTW can almost always be given different and interesting solutions with Fusion Torches). 
Sneaky AI is only really designed to ensure that enemies duck out of sight if possible, rather than standing to be gunned down in the open.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: April 09, 2016, 12:22:31 am »
Is there a hotfix for the distilling hellerium bug avaliable?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2187 on: April 09, 2016, 01:53:34 am »
Right!

You need to replace the current STR_ELERIUM_115_XXX under manufacturing in Piratez.rul with:

Code: [Select]
  - name: STR_ELERIUM_115_XXX
    category: STR_UFO_COMPONENT
    space: 0
    time: 1000
    cost: 100
    requiresBaseFunc: [WELL]
    producedItems:
      STR_ELERIUM_115: 1
    listOrder: 5040

(it was missing the producedItems category)

Also, someone was asking for heavier Guerrila armor, right? :) How about that:

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: April 09, 2016, 04:39:06 am »
Gimme gimme want. Not the original asker but want. Don't like the exposed thigh skin area. I think the outside of the thigh would look better.

Offline superschokokeks

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: April 09, 2016, 06:24:47 am »
@Bloax .. yeah I think I turn it off. because of the terror missions, where Ali.. eh.. the enemy can hide nearly everywhere. Have fun with 3 stories houses on a row .
I played with this option for 30-50h. It wasn't really an issue to me, except those search & destroy moments.

@ Dioxine yay thanks!