aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610509 times)

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.97 - Dangerous Place, Savage Place
« Reply #1545 on: December 05, 2015, 12:13:36 am »
Right on time. Now I play again with less cheats - No big money.

niculinux

« Reply #1546 on: December 05, 2015, 09:29:25 pm »
Hey another thing which i hope won't be a bug: researchin "primitive weapon" ulocks the research topic "javelins", but also when i finisehd to research "primitive weapons" i can already manufacture "javelins" without research them first, is that intended? Shot attached

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1547 on: December 05, 2015, 09:33:39 pm »
It is a bug, fixed. Thanks! But no reason to worry, it will cause no other problems. Plus, I think I will release a new version with bugfixes within a few days.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: December 06, 2015, 01:26:04 am »
Yeah right, the UAC Plasmagun research is a bug, a single line of code has mysteriously disappeared. Just ignore it, it doesn't do anything.

Actualy it's somehow fused with the Pred Claws entry

Code: [Select]
  - name: STR_PRED_DISC
    cost: 0
    needItem: true
  - name: STR_PRED_CLAWS
    needItem: true
    dependencies:
      - STR_UAC_BLUEPRINTS
  - name: STR_BFG
    dependencies:
      - STR_UAC_PLASMAGUN

And later on...

Code: [Select]
  - name: STR_SLUGTHROWER
    cost: 5
    dependencies:
      - STR_SLUGGA_PRODUCTION
  - name: STR_UAC_PLASMAGUN
  - name: STR_BLUNDERBUSS_ADV
    cost: 20
    dependencies:
      - STR_SHOTGUN
      - STR_CAWS
      - STR_SHOOTA_PRODUCTION
      - STR_SECTOID_CORPSE
      - STR_PERSONAL_ARMOR_STUDY
      - STR_ACIDIC_AMMO
      - STR_EXPLOSIVE_AMMO
      - STR_EXCAVATION

Does that help you find it Dioxine?

Also... Why did I get a Floater corpse when I shot down and then killed an Accademy Security trooper from a small scout? I thought there weren't any Floater in this game?

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: December 06, 2015, 03:27:39 am »
@Draco: Mission scripting? I'm not Hobbes, the scripts will be simple, realistic, 80% boring 20% savage :) I let the RNG do the most scripting for me.

I can come up with a few ideas for you to try. :)

IIRC, someone posted some time ago that there were too many 'mountain' maps appearing. This should be lessened if you added the new terrains and geoscape textures from Redux. But this impression still remains, I can further reduce their chance of appearance on the next version of the Terrain Pack.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 03:31:57 am by Hobbes »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1550 on: December 06, 2015, 01:34:43 pm »
Also... Why did I get a Floater corpse when I shot down and then killed an Accademy Security trooper from a small scout? I thought there weren't any Floater in this game?

Are you sure it's not Trader's Booty you didn't change the string for in the save?

Offline Cavelobster

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: December 06, 2015, 01:44:20 pm »
Hi everyone,

Think I found a bug.
Maybe it's fixed in 0.97, but in 0.96 I don't get any reputation damage when I skip a pogrom mission, nor do they show up as shipping activity on the charts. I've skipped all of them and didn't do enough missions or research to justify excellent results for 3 months straight.
Haven't tried v 0.97 yet, will do so today.

Thanks for this great mod, been playing for months now :)

Edit:
Doesn't seem to occur in 0.97 - Just got a nice spike in activity and drop in rep - losing as intended :) yay :)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 03:29:22 pm by Cavelobster »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1552 on: December 06, 2015, 02:59:09 pm »
Actualy it's somehow fused with the Pred Claws entry
Does that help you find it Dioxine?

Thanks a ton, but this was fixed long ago :) I just didn't feel like bothering with lengthy explanation. Sorry you had to investigate because of my laziness :)

Also, what you describe is impossible. Even if everything was broken, you should get a Sectoid Corpse from Academy; moreover, Academy wasn't in any way changed between these 2 versions. If you, however, had any Trader's Booty in your stores, and didn't upgrade the save as per instructions, they have changed into Floater Corpses. And don't think there won't ever be Floaters here :)

I can come up with a few ideas for you to try. :)

IIRC, someone posted some time ago that there were too many 'mountain' maps appearing. This should be lessened if you added the new terrains and geoscape textures from Redux. But this impression still remains, I can further reduce their chance of appearance on the next version of the Terrain Pack.

I know you have tons of ideas! I'm always curious what you'll come up with, but some things are better kept simple :) While I enjoy playing Redux a lot, I'm a very different person, and so Piratez should be kept very different - variety is the spice of life, as they say :)
As for the Mountain terrains, I think the problem is simple - we need more Map Blocks! And none of the new ones should have big caves :) I might cook up some maps, but this is a big 'might'. And even if so, they'd be planned for map height = 7...

Hi everyone,

Think I found a bug.
Maybe it's fixed in 0.97, but in 0.96 I don't get any reputation damage when I skip a pogrom mission, nor do they show up as shipping activity on the charts. I've skipped all of them and didn't do enough missions or research to justify excellent results for 3 months straight.
Haven't tried v 0.97 yet, will do so today.

Thanks for this great mod, been playing for months now :)

Thanks, found and fixed (I hope!). It appears the problem was there was no point penalty defined for the Distress Call - type Pogrom.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 03:04:22 pm by Dioxine »

niculinux

« Reply #1553 on: December 06, 2015, 03:31:13 pm »
I agree with Dioxine! Probably the only map type missing is an outskirt alike, when the wasteland meet the city, but not in progroms. :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1554 on: December 06, 2015, 04:17:47 pm »
Oh yeah such a terrain would be awesome, but making terrains isn't easy! Another one I'd really like to see here some day: Old Battlefield, with cratered earth, burned out tanks, charred ruins, rusting barbed wire, and (some) very live landmines.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: December 06, 2015, 05:59:10 pm »
With all the talk of pogroms, it reminded me that i'm often not bothered by them. Even though the lack of penalty has been fixed for 0.97, i still find myself to be penalized a lot for coming to citizens' rescue. Sure, if all the civilians are dead it's not good, but at least i tried to save them and at least i killed all the aliens, but i feel that if i'm gonna risk that much penalty as well as the lives of my gals, it might be better to just avoid them. To counter this i suggest lessening the penalties early in the game, for letting civilians die (but you still have to go to the pogrom to get a lesser penalty). And then logically, as your reputation goes up later in the game, so does the expectations of your rescue-skills, as well as the penalties for failing to hold those standards, thereby scaling the penalties rather than them being static.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1556 on: December 06, 2015, 06:32:40 pm »
Pretty much impossible to implement. And even if so... if helping mutants was just a 100% surefire business, where would be the moral/self-esteem/pride element? Your comment actually proves that everything works right and there is indeed a choice.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: December 06, 2015, 07:04:38 pm »
I think i found a bug with the fuso knives. Great that they now have snap shot, but the snap shot costs more TU than the aimed shot, or at least it says so in the ufopedia. I haven't tested to see if it indeed costs more.

niculinux

« Reply #1558 on: December 06, 2015, 07:11:47 pm »
Hey i've seen that researchin "bigger guns" gives access to boardin gun and its ammo, but in a smaller format. But actually "fitearms and ammunitions" already allows production for boarding gun ammo in a larger format(45×5), and if im not mistaken the boarding gun itself, so kay be there kinda a bug/oversight?

And  how about to add to "bigger guns" topic also the abiloty to manufacture handcannon, moving it from where lies now? Seems the 0.97 has some research bugs too, as i watched beginning of episode n. 23 of dracogriffin's let's play, the laser disassembly topic show some weirds strings (around 5th minute).

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: December 06, 2015, 07:18:48 pm »
The idea of getting smaller ammo clips for some guns is to conserve shots. In OpenXCom, if you have 1 boarding gun and shoot once, you will lose that clip at the end of the mission, since there aren't enough shots to make up a whole clip to refund you at the end of the battle. So it's nicer to lose a smaller clip than a big one. Alternatively, I implemented "statistical bullet conservation" here.

It's also lighter which makes it easier to carry around (especially as extra ammo).