aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3685979 times)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.97 - Dangerous Place, Savage Place
« Reply #1575 on: December 08, 2015, 05:05:53 am »
After starting a new game for 0.97 i noticed that the sneaky AI was set to on. I've never really played with it as i've heard that it could be a bit wonky or something. That was just for Openxcom however, so i wanna ask if you guys use it for x-piratez and what your experiences with it are

Dioxine published his options.cfg file (which also turns on debugging, which turns off quick save/load) with the latest Piratez release. That's why certain of your settings would be different.

I haven't tried sneaky AI with Piratez, but I guess Dioxine uses it if it was enabled in the options..

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: December 08, 2015, 08:04:35 am »
Dioxine published his options.cfg file (which also turns on debugging, which turns off quick save/load) with the latest Piratez release. That's why certain of your settings would be different.

I haven't tried sneaky AI with Piratez, but I guess Dioxine uses it if it was enabled in the options..

Would that explain why a Humanist with me in his clear shot rather than risk firing at me decided to retreat? I was expecting a gal to die but instead the enemy retreated  :o

(posts merged - Dioxine)

@niculinux:
Go into Piratez_Armors.rul and change every instance of "corpseGeo: STR_FLOATER_CORPSE" to "corpseGeo: STR_GUILD_CORPSE" to fix the floater issue.

@Dioxine:
Btw, many of the guild and church captures no longer counts as a live alien, although they are recovered. They are not tagged with "liveAlien: true" in Piratez_Faction.rul.

Is this for ver 0.97? Will do so when I get home .. or perhaps I can sneak play in the office.. :P
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 08:40:40 am by Dioxine »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1577 on: December 08, 2015, 08:42:52 am »
Not sure about publishing this config, but it's an easy way for new people to have all the default Piratez options set properly.

niculinux

« Reply #1578 on: December 08, 2015, 09:35:58 am »
@niculinux:
Go into Piratez_Armors.rul and change every instance of "corpseGeo: STR_FLOATER_CORPSE" to "corpseGeo: STR_GUILD_CORPSE" to fix the floater issue.

very very thanks, guys!! Hey, maybe there is something to do also with the academy, since when imrecovered the corpses of the  guys in persnal armkr, the academy security, i got that floater corpse, so may have to change also something academy related?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1579 on: December 08, 2015, 11:00:05 am »
The academy works just fine. It wasn't changed at all, in the first place.

niculinux

« Reply #1580 on: December 08, 2015, 02:16:37 pm »
The academy works just fine. It wasn't changed at all, in the first place.

OK, actually i'd post here because don't know if it's a bug, in the Piratez_Armors.rul file seems there are floaters associated with guild faction; here are 11 entries, but since in kinda incompetent i don't know if it is supposed to be so, may someone please may do a double check? Thanks fo the patinence. There's sample screenshot attached (on windows, urgh!??)

edit: the faction was the guild, sorry

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: December 08, 2015, 02:43:14 pm »
^I dont think it is an error. It looks more like the setup for the aliens in that group. He has retained the group name as Floaters but the code looks ok.

niculinux

« Reply #1582 on: December 08, 2015, 02:49:03 pm »
^I dont think it is an error. It looks more like the setup for the aliens in that group. He has retained the group name as Floaters but the code looks ok.

ok thanks! Hey, after having done the changes pointed out by Artanhor some post ago  in my savegamed i got in the research topic still "floater corpse", suppose i have to start a brand new game? I deleted that save, since was early beginning..or maybe after research was finished everything was gonna be ok?

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: December 08, 2015, 04:20:53 pm »
The changes I had suggested was to prevent the appearance of STR_FLOATER_CORPSE in your base inventory, since that fixes the generation of corpses. If you have them in your save, you need to do what Dioxine said in the "Upgrading your save" thread: Change STR_FLOATER_??? to STR_GUILD_???..

But starting a new game (once you fixed the ruleset), is probably the easiest. BTW, you will want to go in Piratez_Armors.rul and also change corpseGeo: STR_SNAKEMAN_CORPSE to corpseGeo: STR_CHURCH_CORPSE, as Dioxine mentioned a bit higher.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: December 08, 2015, 05:58:00 pm »
I have a question about dual wielding. So i know that having a 2-handed firearm such as a machinegun in one hand while having something else (like a grenade or one-handed pistol) in the other, will incur an accuracy penalty when using the machine gun. I don't think that one-handed items ever get a penalty even if you have a 2-handed item in the other hand, but do correct me if i'm mistaken. My question is really about melee weapons, because i have always equipped my stun gals with a cattle prod in one hand and a pistol in the other, but when i look at the characters in the battlescape, you see the cattle prod being used with both hands, so does that mean that it is actually i 2-handed weapon, and do 2-handed melee weapons get penalties when dual wielding?

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: December 08, 2015, 06:21:48 pm »
Cattle prods and Fuso swords are two examples of two-handed melee weapons. They do incur accuracy penalties when used with something else in the hand. Best to quickly holster the pistol before slashing. You can easily determine if a weapon is two-handed, both by the way it is held by the gal (more horizontal) and checking how the accuracy varies as you put something else in the hand.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: December 08, 2015, 06:26:24 pm »
Cattle prods and Fuso swords are two examples of two-handed melee weapons. They do incur accuracy penalties when used with something else in the hand. Best to quickly holster the pistol before slashing. You can easily determine if a weapon is two-handed, both by the way it is held by the gal (more horizontal) and checking how the accuracy varies as you put something else in the hand.

So much for doing it the right way all this time :P

On the topic of stuns, i have noticed that enemies with stun harpoons are just as harmless as unarmed enemies. A gal that is hit with a stun bolt often takes 10% of her health as stun damage, so while this weapon is great against the enemy, it is almost useless against gals themselves. Shouldn't they be more vulnerable to stun dmg?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 06:29:24 pm by Foxhound634 »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: December 08, 2015, 06:32:40 pm »
Must be luck, gals take stun damage like everybody else. Harpoon guns have a pretty bad accuracy though, and enemies with 'em are usually safe targets to run up to and stun. Even if you get hit, the worst that will happen is you will be the one getting stunned..

Note that the gals have 20 armor without wearing armor, just from being so tough, whereas unarmored humans only have 5 armor. So a GO for example, will take 15 more damage from a hit than a gal would (this goes for any weapons, but obviously makes the most difference for low damage weapons, of which harpoon guns are one).

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: December 08, 2015, 06:42:21 pm »
Must be luck, gals take stun damage like everybody else. Harpoon guns have a pretty bad accuracy though, and enemies with 'em are usually safe targets to run up to and stun. Even if you get hit, the worst that will happen is you will be the one getting stunned..

Note that the gals have 20 armor without wearing armor, just from being so tough, whereas unarmored humans only have 5 armor. So a GO for example, will take 15 more damage from a hit than a gal would (this goes for any weapons, but obviously makes the most difference for low damage weapons, of which harpoon guns are one).

Yeah those were instances from past games though, and just now i saw a gal take 60% stun dmg from a single stun bolt, so maybe the gals were nerfed, or maybe it was just luck like you said :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1589 on: December 09, 2015, 12:29:03 am »
Just luck and tons of HP. It has 50 Stun damage and most of the gals' armors have no stun resistance. But 20 armor can soak up a lot. Besides. Yes, they're almost harmless. That's by design.

@Niculinux: yes it's a bug, wait for a new release (probably tomorrow).