Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3659648 times)

niculinux

Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.96 - 20 Nov - News of the World
« Reply #1530 on: December 04, 2015, 10:10:26 am »
Hey, another "odl" thing: i've seen that not all of i pick up from fallen enemies is "weird thingle", for eg. laser weapons: how about to make also these "weirds" so player must have research these before make use? Maybe game would be as near as impossible?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1531 on: December 04, 2015, 11:53:15 am »
No. These guns are made for the general public. People of 27th century generally know how to replace a magazine, use iron sights, and pull a trigger.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: December 04, 2015, 11:58:19 am »
No. These guns are made for the general public. People of 27th century generally know how to replace a magazine, use iron sights, and pull a trigger.

Fortunately so, because people of 23rd century had problems even switching between stun and kill setting on their phasers  :P

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.97 - Dangerous Place, Savage Place
« Reply #1533 on: December 04, 2015, 07:44:05 pm »
Version 0.97 is up. A big, huge, and absolutely must-have update, as it not only fixes a ton of bugs and adds much, much content, but also upgrades the game engine four months forward, which allowed me to add all sorts of functionalities. Be warned though: new global mission structures are not really tested yet, so things may go really savage on Planet Earth. But I recommend it. Check the Pedia and stores, too, some free stuff appeared in both places.

Special thanks to SolariusScorch for helping to expand lore, and DracoGriffin whose relentless LP allowed me to find and fix tons of little bugs, with less effort and far better value than if I played myself. When you were muttering about this or that being uncool, I was there to hear your voice, man.

Check the separate thread on how to upgrade your saves from 0.96.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 08:01:22 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: December 04, 2015, 08:11:07 pm »
Cheers! Now to update everything.. was thinking of restarting a game from my last entry in the Capt'n's log, seems like a good time to do so!

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: December 04, 2015, 09:16:45 pm »
The upgrade was successful as far as I can say.

One thing though... you should mention that the saves need to be moved into "piratez" subdirectory.

Also, I found the following new things in the bootypedia, can you confirm all is OK?:
- spiked mace
- stone hatchet
- blowpipe
- hunting bow (renamed bow?)
- combat bow
- armored vaults
- smugglers
- contacts: black market

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #1536 on: December 04, 2015, 09:22:46 pm »
Do we get... Soldier Diaries yet?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1537 on: December 04, 2015, 09:26:06 pm »
Everything checks. Hunting bow is new (the old bow is now called Combat Bow). Check also the market - I decided to make some of needlessly hard to find stuff, like a Blowpipe or that infamous Stone Hatchet, buyable from the start. After all, these kinds of things are really not rocket science, plus, I think it's better to clutter the blackmarket a bit than the manufacture menu.

Also please research Contact: Smugglers - it is now a preq to the Basic Bullet Manufacturing, renamed to Firearms and Munitions, which I believe you already have.

Oh and one more thing... if upon landing you see a terrain that looks unnatural, expect anything to happen, and don't blame me for anything :) (no instakills there, though, I promise, cross my heart).

@Draco
OXCE doesn't have it yet - it is always a couple of months behind the Nightlies, for obvious reasons. What we got now is Mission Scripting, multiple soldier types and Soldier Diaries will (hopefully!) appear in 2016 :)

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #1538 on: December 04, 2015, 09:31:02 pm »
Everything checks. Hunting bow is new (the old bow is now called Combat Bow). Check also the market - I decided to make some of needlessly hard to find stuff, like a Blowpipe or that infamous Stone Hatchet, buyable from the start. After all, these kinds of things are really not rocket science, plus, I think it's better to clutter the blackmarket a bit than the manufacture menu.

Also please research Contact: Smugglers - it is now a preq to the Basic Bullet Manufacturing, renamed to Firearms and Munitions, which I believe you already have.

Oh and one more thing... if upon landing you see a terrain that looks unnatural, expect anything to happen, and don't blame me for anything :) (no instakills there, though, I promise, cross my heart).

@Draco
OXCE doesn't have it yet - it is always a couple of months behind the Nightlies, for obvious reasons. What we got now is Mission Scripting, multiple soldier types and Soldier Diaries will (hopefully!) appear in 2016 :)

See! I don't wanna gyp myself out of a brand new start. If this base defense goes poorly (again because I should have cheesed it instead of playing overly aggressive/reckless), then I'll probably just start a fresh 0.97 campaign.

Multiple soldier types, huh? Wonder what dastardly things you are cooking up... not to mention the endless mission scripting.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: December 04, 2015, 10:12:21 pm »

OK, will do. There are 3 more new topics after the upgrade to 0.97:
- Javelins
- Linux SMG
- UAC plasmagun ... this doesn't look right, should it be there? it researches immediately and doesn't do anything...

niculinux

« Reply #1540 on: December 04, 2015, 10:26:57 pm »
OK, will do. There are 3 more new topics after the upgrade to 0.97:
- Javelins
- Linux SMG
- UAC plasmagun ... this doesn't look right, should it be there? it researches immediately and doesn't do anything...

Hurrò for the new version! I must abolutely get my hands on the linux smg!!!!!!!!!! I preffered that piratez clothes were the only defaulted ones, since runt is more military-alike thatis ougth to need some research, as well armored vaults but whatever:)

As Meridian wrote, researching the UAG gun gives nothing, even in the bootypedia. The startin research hotis attached. Let's hope it's not a bug  :'(

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1541 on: December 04, 2015, 10:35:40 pm »
Yeah right, the UAC Plasmagun research is a bug, a single line of code has mysteriously disappeared. Just ignore it, it doesn't do anything.

@Draco: Upgrading that deep into campaign won't give you any problems, most of what changed is early game. But if you simply need a fresh start... :)

And don't get too excited about soldier types, it will probably take months for OXCE to start supporting that, or an infinity if Yankes gets fed up with doing his thing :)

niculinux

« Reply #1542 on: December 04, 2015, 10:39:50 pm »
Yeah right, the UAC Plasmagun research is a bug, a single line of code has mysteriously disappeared. Just ignore it, it doesn't do anything.

[..]

ok, giving a shot right now, it will be fixed for next relase ;)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1543 on: December 04, 2015, 10:48:52 pm »
@Draco: Mission scripting? I'm not Hobbes, the scripts will be simple, realistic, 80% boring 20% savage :) I let the RNG do the most scripting for me.

@Meridian: Except the UAC (research it off-camera and forget, it really doesn't do anything by itself), other research checks out.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 11:01:13 pm by Dioxine »

niculinux

« Reply #1544 on: December 05, 2015, 12:04:57 am »
Et voilĂ  here we go with the linux smg! Linux in the sense of custom :P (see screenshot attached)