Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3665658 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.96 - 20 Nov - News of the World
« Reply #1500 on: November 30, 2015, 05:07:47 am »
Happy times like these will be some day over, but not very soon. Late Year 2 will bring Elite versions of basic factions taking over 1/3rd of the missions. Early Year 4, if you're not on Mars yet, will replace another 1/3rd with Nightmare versions :)

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: November 30, 2015, 09:53:30 am »
1: Witness distress signal from "The Star Gods" Pogrom
2: Outfit the gals to deal with highest damage gear regardless of type to deal with cyclops
3: Fly the Bonny to the pogrom
4: Deploy and crazy stuff flies by the lead scout
5: Look around: "You mean.. actual staR GODS?! More than one?!"
6: Star God tanks 6 auto-cannon shots: "We're outta here gals, no way we're going through this."

-655 points ensue, DioxiiIIIINE!!!

Even when it feels like you have everything under control and can handle what the game throws at you, there's still some surprises :D

Welcome. I loaded my old stun pistol for this one and proceeded to move in groups of four. The Star God Coordinators are basterds ...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1502 on: November 30, 2015, 08:55:04 pm »

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: November 30, 2015, 09:58:58 pm »
I know the ufopedia entry says that human booty is useless (or was that raider booty?), but am i missing some research or is it really utterly redundant?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1504 on: November 30, 2015, 10:31:43 pm »
You'll find out in due time... Nothing critical is dependant on garnering that, that I can promise. OR, you have an old version of the mod :)

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: November 30, 2015, 11:14:13 pm »
You'll find out in due time... Nothing critical is dependant on garnering that, that I can promise. OR, you have an old version of the mod :)

Yeah i just found a use for it :P

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: December 01, 2015, 05:14:25 pm »
A while back i asked about reaction shots only being snap shots, but i didn't ask if it was possible to enable aimed and/or auto for reaction shots. Is it?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1507 on: December 01, 2015, 05:26:55 pm »
I certainly hope not.

niculinux

« Reply #1508 on: December 01, 2015, 09:19:05 pm »
Hey, don't wanna be ripetitive, but just watching meridian x-piratez let's play (ep 4 progrom) and fuso knives do have "ammunition" (these are counted in n. 6 units) so why bow and x-bow can't have a 30 shots quiver? Plus with research eventually explosive and poisoned arrows may be manufacted...also i never pointed outanywhere in the forums,  but why very small ufos once crash landed arent covered in flames and smoke, even just a bit?

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #1509 on: December 01, 2015, 09:29:33 pm »
Hey, don't wanna be ripetitive, but just watching meridian x-piratez let's play (ep 4 progrom) and fuso knives do have "ammunition" (these are counted in n. 6 units) so why bow and x-bow can't have a 30 shots quiver? Plus with research eventually explosive and poisoned arrows may be manufacted...also i never pointed outanywhere in the forums,  but why very small ufos once crash landed arent covered in flames and smoke, even just a bit?

Because if the Bow & X-Bow get stuck with ammo, they are essentially non-unique and superfluous and easily replaced by guns.

The main aspect is the unlimited ammo (essentially a very accessible and "weak" weapon similar to vanilla X-Com's Laser weapons) and damage scaling. However, the damage scaling is poor if the pirate using it isn't "properly trained", that is, having the correct stats for it. Otherwise, sniper rifles can easily replace the role of Bows/X-Bows as they have damage scaling and much better range.

Now the ammunition type isn't a bad idea but the same could be said for having more weapons have alternate ammunition (not all weapons have alternate ammunition).

niculinux

« Reply #1510 on: December 01, 2015, 09:38:23 pm »
I know but that would make the game...even more challenginng! Definitely, we need something originally hard to play ;) plus the usual realism as side effect. Technically speaking the bow/x-bow would vave 1 shot in "chamber" and need to be reloaded every shot. The whooe thing its not a matter of life and death, i just did not payd attention to the fuso knives before, so i was asking myself, why this "discrimination".

@DracoGriffin: some weapons/stuff you would see added in the game? I really a wincnester lever action rifle would fit nicely weel, what ypu think about? ;)

Edit: also, i've seen that highwaymen are very though but i think but they are not supposed to be, since they are commomd bandits, but then they are because them too are mutants? Bjt they are also less technologically armed, so maybe some adjustment to that faction may be needed. The Spartans on the other hand while usually well harmed aren't hard to bag, because they are purebloods? How about to switch thei thughness? Sry don't know if i was clear but hope you get the idea
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 09:54:45 pm by niculinux »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1511 on: December 01, 2015, 10:03:40 pm »
Reloading a bow would look ultra-retarded. Chik-chok, quiver loaded, sir! No. Not a chance.

Highwaymen aren't any harder than Spartans. They're harder to capture because their armor is geared for melee, while Spartans wear (crappy) bullet protection. Spartans have higher stats.

Fuso Knives disappear after you use them. If your bow disappeared because you fired a few arrows, it'd be retarded. Geez.

niculinux

« Reply #1512 on: December 01, 2015, 10:09:08 pm »
Uh ok thuugh i thought the quiver instead have to disappear..but then peraphs is a technical limitation of openxcom extended, quver ammo cannot go down until disappearing? Aside that, i'll make it with unlimited bow ammo ^-^.

As for tne factions, the highwaymen are reeaaly touugh to beat down, well, it has to live with now imsee thanks!

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: December 01, 2015, 10:55:13 pm »
Having quivers to swap the kind of arrow you want to use (for explosive and acid/poison ones :D) would be cool. Although reloading your bow with a quiver full of arrow would look stupid (and having to carry arrows individually would be annoying), it might be worth it.

Actually, instead of a quiver, we could have a "handful of arrows", which take.. a 2x1 place in inventory. Then reloading the bow represents the archer setting them up in front of him. I think archers planted arrows in front of them for faster shooting instead of shooting directly from the quiver. So you'd have to reload your bow every.. 3-5 arrows? Basic arrows are free to manufacture and take few runt-hours, explosive/alloy/poison/incendiary arrows take more time and require special ingredients. Since extended allows you to set reload times, it could be set very low too.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1514 on: December 02, 2015, 12:15:46 am »
Nah, it works as it is, I won't try to ruin it. Special arrows are the only good argument, but special arrows should ruin bow's accuracy, but this cannot be modded, so they'd be unrealistically powerful.