Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N8 28-Apr-2024 Labyrinthus Noctis  (Read 3699783 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.95C - 29 Oct - Interfaces & Critical Fixes
« Reply #1320 on: November 11, 2015, 04:00:34 pm »
Will there be a better aye phone in the future?Even showing the current position of enemies instead of the previous turn would make them usefull when raiding star god's cruisers.

Impossible to mod. Besides, it already does show their current positions... ???

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #1321 on: November 11, 2015, 06:15:18 pm »
pics or it didn't happen. OXCom version associated with Piratez has some minor bugs, but from my experience, it's rather the other way around (it shows too little damage on the interceptor's image so you can get killed thinking you still have some HPs left)

I confirm this, I got a full red bar on a predator equipped with an extra engine in a missile slot. I thought I was losing it but nope, it came back with 19% damage.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1322 on: November 11, 2015, 08:16:13 pm »
Then it's a game bug. Report it somewhere where it can be fixed, ideally with a proof from unmodded game...

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: November 11, 2015, 09:11:03 pm »
Then it's a game bug. Report it somewhere where it can be fixed, ideally with a proof from unmodded game...

I can confirm it too. I even have it on (unpublished) video. My guess is it's an OXCE bug, as I never saw it in OXC.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: November 11, 2015, 09:20:27 pm »
I can confirm it too. I even have it on (unpublished) video. My guess is it's an OXCE bug, as I never saw it in OXC.
I suspect this too. This probably caused by items that boost craft durability and intercept window that ignore that.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: November 11, 2015, 09:46:50 pm »
I just discovered the surgery room (yay!) but.. does it help soldier recovery time? That would be an awesome feature to add to it if not.. Yankes? Pretty please!

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: November 11, 2015, 10:10:08 pm »
LOUDLY APPLAUDS!! I am envious that you got there. This is what I am working towards.. How many in-game years?

Thanks, this is about when I launch the ship to Mars
Code: [Select]
time:
  weekday: 3
  minute: 7
  month: 5
  day: 1
  second: 20
  year: 2605
  hour: 23
so 52 months or less than 5 years.
Spoiler:
I ended the game with over 1.5 Billion in money. The last months were just waiting for the SGC to show up and farming silver coins from wrecks for the mints. Before the mint change (needing coins to make coins) I stopped landing (too lazy), just intercepted everything that was detected. Interceptions were always made with 4 Barracudas armed mainly with 2 lascannons (no ammo logistics) and a targeter (more dps overall). Then after the game change, the farming started. This allowed me to rotate the gals for training and making annihilator suits for those "trained" :)

I like the logistics part of the game, I even kept a .txt file where I recorded the most profitable build requirements (PREDATOR ship, went to 108 in the build count, making $214/hr). And also the complex supply line of building ANNIHILATOR suits (tip: hoard power armor parts, combat drugs, life support systems, and mercenary booties), and later the CONQUEROR ship.
I attach the save game before the launch for your reference.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: November 11, 2015, 10:28:28 pm »
1.5 Billions? 52 months? man.. I struggle to get to 10 millions after a year.. I need to up my production line!

Congratulations!

... Out of curiosity, how long did it take you in real time? A year?

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #1328 on: November 11, 2015, 11:07:24 pm »
1.5 Billions? 52 months? man.. I struggle to get to 10 millions after a year.. I need to up my production line!

Congratulations!

... Out of curiosity, how long did it take you in real time? A year?

Depends on how much time you have and luck of RNG.

I got pretty far into the game (Annihilator suits and working towards Conqueror) within a month or so with an hour play a day or so (more on weekends). If you don't know what hostages to "save" for end-game, it can take awhile waiting on RNG to bless you with the right faction/mission/ship/unit to capture.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: November 12, 2015, 12:48:39 am »
There are certainly optimal locations, and optimal "playing patterns", such as shooting down UFOs over a different region than the one your base is in, so hopefully the retaliation strikes in the other region (retaliations have a chance to be set for the region where the UFO was shot down, OR in the region where the interceptor came from. If you intercept in your base's region, then the retaliation, if generated, will certainly be in your region and likely find your base). A good pirate needs to study her targets!

Ok so regarding my repeated cases of super-early hideout invasions, i tried setting the base up in Cuba, as well as making sure to shoot down enemies further away from the base...and it has seemed to work! So far i'm at the end of march and still going strong. It's still weird that i never got early invasions in previous versions however, since i changed neither the difficulty or my playstyle before, but thanks for the help anyway :)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: November 12, 2015, 03:43:53 pm »
Depends on how much time you have and luck of RNG.

I got pretty far into the game (Annihilator suits and working towards Conqueror) within a month or so with an hour play a day or so (more on weekends). If you don't know what hostages to "save" for end-game, it can take awhile waiting on RNG to bless you with the right faction/mission/ship/unit to capture.

Yeah.. I know I haven't had anywhere near the same luck in this game as in my previous Piratez one. Barely see traders, took forever to get old earth books, and still struggling to get good armor, crafts and weapons after a year! (Need those military vessels blueprints but I don't see them :/ But I just got revenant armor, which is quite good!).

btw Dioxine, is it possible to find a random suit of defender armor? I have one and I don't know where it comes from (well, I suspect it's from looting a military supply mission, but I'm not 100% sure). And it would be nice to be able to research it and make more once you have one. I know there's a topic that allows that already, but I haven't managed to catch a live trader PCM for that the one time I got a trader terror.

Ok so regarding my repeated cases of super-early hideout invasions, i tried setting the base up in Cuba, as well as making sure to shoot down enemies further away from the base...and it has seemed to work! So far i'm at the end of march and still going strong. It's still weird that i never got early invasions in previous versions however, since i changed neither the difficulty or my playstyle before, but thanks for the help anyway :)

Nice! I'm glad it helps (or maybe it's just that the RNG stopped hating you ;)). You're now a propa sneaky pirate!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1331 on: November 12, 2015, 04:01:21 pm »
btw Dioxine, is it possible to find a random suit of defender armor? I have one and I don't know where it comes from (well, I suspect it's from looting a military supply mission, but I'm not 100% sure). And it would be nice to be able to research it and make more once you have one. I know there's a topic that allows that already, but I haven't managed to catch a live trader PCM for that the one time I got a trader terror.

Your assertion is correct, it was Military Supply. You won't be able to reproduce it without the proper tech, but I'm planning to add damaged armors mechanics (you get a damaged, but useable armor if its wearer dies & you can repair it), so you'll be able to at least keep it for longer.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 04:03:44 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: November 12, 2015, 06:10:00 pm »
That would be nice! It would make crafting "rare" armors more rewarding. Especially ones needing power armor parts, since those are not very common (I've had a grand total of.. 7 in a year? research + 1 juggernaut + 1 loader + 1).

In my first mission with the juggernaut, I used it to shield the gals with less armor, and promptly got it gauss'd out. >:( I gave in and "rage-restarted" so I could play with my new toy, only juggernaut I've been able to make ever since! (and the other gals are all grateful to Charmin' Rin and Boltgun for taking all the hits for 'em, especially the gauss hits!)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1333 on: November 12, 2015, 06:34:59 pm »
That would be nice! It would make crafting "rare" armors more rewarding. Especially ones needing power armor parts, since those are not very common (I've had a grand total of.. 7 in a year? research + 1 juggernaut + 1 loader + 1).

Heheheh, nah. Power Armor is too good already - at least, it won't be repairable as easily as advanced non-powered armor (defender, revenant, etc). You're supposed to usually have only a few Juggernauts, and thus use them with care.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: November 12, 2015, 07:08:56 pm »
I have a couple of toxic questions, and perhaps a really incendiary one as well.

1) Exactly how effective are flasks of acid? I know they're good vs. armor, and it says they do 40 acid damage, but also that they do 0-16 initial armor damage. So do they only damage armor or can they actually kill? I tried using some on cyberdiscs, but i don't know how much they helped. My flamethrower did rape them real good though!

2) The poisoned dagger should be superior to the previous daggers, yet it has a much worse accuracy. Therefore i'm guessing that the bonus 'health damage' is worth it, but how exactly does it work?

3) As i mentioned, i have been shown the path to anti-armor enlightenment by thou holy thrower of flames, but are other incendiary sources that effective as well? I know that the willie pete says it does initial damage, but what about good ol' molotovs?

(them puns btw) :)