Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3690366 times)

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.95C - 29 Oct - Interfaces & Critical Fixes
« Reply #1290 on: November 09, 2015, 10:09:10 pm »
Got a wierd one at end of month. The confederation has embraced a zero tolerance policy!

WTF is that ,, All my protection money gone from that region .. Achtung!

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #1291 on: November 09, 2015, 10:27:51 pm »
Got a wierd one at end of month. The confederation has embraced a zero tolerance policy!

WTF is that ,, All my protection money gone from that region .. Achtung!

Same thing as an Alien Infiltration mission from vanilla X-Com; when a country signs a pact with the aliens.

Instead here, a major power essentially catches wind of a local government paying you (the pirates) to attack them and they use their full gambit of powers (mainly political and military) to force the government into enacting zero tolerance policies for crime/piracy/whathaveyous, thus unable to fund you anymore (major power is probably scrutinizing all forms of communique) under the table.

You will encounter these regardless (just like in vanilla X-Com) but they are generally much more rare, and if your radar coverage is really good (along with a super strong air fleet), you can delay it.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: November 09, 2015, 11:45:07 pm »
Yeah, infiltration missions are a PAIN! But they have really good shipping activity once a month when they convert a new country (yes, they convert a country a month until everything in that region is converted, which is a bit overboard but that's how the game works...)

I've got the Church of Sirius converting everybody in Europe into faithful servants of the Star Gods and I am making millions off landed terror ships and frigates (attacked a cruiser once, but that was more pain than was worth it.. the large ones are better, except for the interrogation purposes where catching a cardinal is nice). After 3 months, I now have 3 bases crawling with chryssalids :( Haven't managed to convince the gals to go clean 'em up yet, they keep saying they need better weapons and armors! (just got mesh armor for the shooty ones, woot!)

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: November 10, 2015, 03:06:54 pm »
Before 95C harbinger armor destroyed the church as both lasers and plasma were resisted,now you have to be more carefull as they can suprise you with celatids and chrysalids,basicaly a mutated reaper will do wonders against their base as it resists the acid and it can make short work of chrysalids.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: November 10, 2015, 04:45:35 pm »
 :o I have none of those things.. my brainerz are barely getting back to school! But it's good to know that there are improvements coming along :D

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #1295 on: November 10, 2015, 06:50:59 pm »
A quick question about the Kraken. I deployed it for the first time and it seems that the only exits are upstairs. The problem is that after leaving the wings, the gals cannot come back in for retreat. Is that intended?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1296 on: November 10, 2015, 06:56:02 pm »
lol door:

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: November 10, 2015, 07:24:29 pm »
:o I have none of those things.. my brainerz are barely getting back to school! But it's good to know that there are improvements coming along :D

Dont worry there are a lot of them. 3 years in with 45 brainers... I am just getting HIGHER STUDIES!!

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #1298 on: November 10, 2015, 09:02:34 pm »
lol door:

Must have been weird pathing choices, it is always weird pathing.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: November 10, 2015, 09:12:39 pm »
If you pick any of the gals on the right side, they can't get to the door because the ones on the left are blocking the way. Maybe that's what you tried? Also, depending on the side of the craft you wanted to walk off to, the shortest path may well be going out the top..

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: November 10, 2015, 09:29:05 pm »
Just tried out 0.95B the other day, things were going along as usual, then my hideout got invaded. Due to this being early in the game and with the enemy's superior armor and psi rapes, i got destroyed. Bummer. I think i was only in february (month 2) when it happened, and it happened that early, without exception, for the next 4 games. I then tried 0.95C but it still happens. Actually i think it happened so early as January 31st in my last game. I highly consider this a bug, since the game has become unplayable past the first month or two, due to this.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1301 on: November 10, 2015, 09:33:34 pm »
Well that's a bummer but I haven't modded that aspect of the game - frankly it's even not possible. You shoot them down, they come to retaliate. If you're unlucky you get found and invaded. That's how OXCom works.

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #1302 on: November 10, 2015, 09:45:02 pm »
Just tried out 0.95B the other day, things were going along as usual, then my hideout got invaded. Due to this being early in the game and with the enemy's superior armor and psi rapes, i got destroyed. Bummer. I think i was only in february (month 2) when it happened, and it happened that early, without exception, for the next 4 games. I then tried 0.95C but it still happens. Actually i think it happened so early as January 31st in my last game. I highly consider this a bug, since the game has become unplayable past the first month or two, due to this.

Base position is very important, try the Caribbeans. Seriously, I had several retaliation missions in North America for months and they all gave up.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: November 10, 2015, 09:48:44 pm »
frankly it's even not possible. You shoot them down, they come to retaliate. If you're unlucky you get found and invaded

4-5 games in a row where i've been invaded in the first or second month? That cannot be a coincidence. Besides, i never got invaded that early in previous versions, ever. Maybe it is a bug introduced by a newer nightly build?

Base position is very important, try the Caribbeans. Seriously, I had several retaliation missions in North America for months and they all gave up.

Well in the last 2 or 3 games i was located in Canada, but before that i tried Africa and China, no change
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 09:51:59 pm by Foxhound634 »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: November 10, 2015, 10:08:02 pm »
It is best to make your hideout in an area that is "off the tracks" for the region you are in. I like Creta for Europe (and easy monitoring of North Africa and the middle east).

If you play on Superhuman, there is a 20% chance to spawn a retaliation mission when you shoot a UFO, so every 5 UFO shot down should be a retaliation (only if there wasn't one going on already). The "aliens" will then start patrolling the area to try to find you (hence the interest in setting up your base in a weird place).

Also, stockpile some hammers, some high explosives/dynamite, get a fair few gals (20+) and you should be able to deal with the base attack even early on by exploiting doors and line of sight. (See Ivan's Janitorial Staff base defence for a good example of wresting victory from a terrible situation). And in Piratez there tends to be a lot of squishies in early attacks, especially against early factions.