aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609588 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] Piratez Extended - 0.95 - 27 Sep - Combat Stress
« Reply #705 on: September 27, 2015, 10:51:53 pm »
0.95 is up! Bugfixes, changes, new stuff, and speaking of changes, something that'll probably freak some people out, but it adds a 'soft limit' on battle length, favoring the bold, while not overtly punishing those who prefer to take things slower. We'll see how it'll work out...

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: September 28, 2015, 01:01:52 am »
0.95 is up! Bugfixes, changes, new stuff, and speaking of changes, something that'll probably freak some people out, but it adds a 'soft limit' on battle length, favoring the bold, while not overtly punishing those who prefer to take things slower. We'll see how it'll work out...

Thanks for the new version. I have a late game going on, my take so far:
Spoiler:
Like: Annihilator suits, heavy plasma, electro-whip, mind control, for all gals on the main base, dominating the game. It appears to be still the case.
No Like: The Counterfeit part requiring some real chips to start with. I have to demolish nearly all my mints and build stills instead to make grog again. :)
Edit: The trick, so it appears, is to get a silver chip then mint purple and then blue chips without selling. Only sell the red chips.
Question: The steady moral loss, applies to all battles, I suppose? Because, it may be not good on a Hideout defense where one has to hide.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 01:37:35 am by Alex_D »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #707 on: September 28, 2015, 02:01:15 am »
The morale loss applies to all battles. But I will think about adding some ways to combat it, especially suited for defensive missions. Like masseurs :)

About the chips - yeah you can't build them from nothing but the net gain has been increased. Maybe I'll add some extra secondary function for the Mint (10 work space isn't enough I think...).

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #708 on: September 28, 2015, 10:24:22 am »
I'm not sure how to feel about combat stress because I lose controls of my gals very quickly already.  Yesterday, I fought one star god and half my squad was running in circles. We'll see how it goes.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #709 on: September 28, 2015, 11:01:07 am »
You're able to shrug off most of their Psi Attacks if you come prepared - with psi screening and psi-buffing gear. If you don't, there WILL be trouble. That's why the Star Gods proper will never attack your hideouts unless provoked, it'd often amount to instant game over.
In normal missions, the impact of combat stress is unnoticeable for me - there's additional pressure but no real problems. Also there are many outfits that decrease the rate of combat stress, Bravery is also a major factor (you lose 14 Morale each turn with Bravery 10, and only 7 with Bravery 80). This was done to add human frailty element into the game, and to slightly punish campers (with the right gear and high-Bravery gals, you can decrease the combat stress to almost 0 - it just forces the campers to prepare more thoroughly. However before you get the hi-end gear, you're paying with armor protection). It also forces those who rely on 'superfast' gear to actually act swiftly. Said gear was buffed a bit TU, Stamina and Reaction-wise to compensate.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 11:09:40 am by Dioxine »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: September 28, 2015, 11:10:48 am »
I, for one, am glad to see this.
Bravery is a completely useless stat in vanilla, now there's finally a difference between having cowards or heroes in your team.

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #711 on: September 28, 2015, 11:24:56 am »
You're able to shrug off most of their Psi Attacks if you come prepared - with psi screening and psi-buffing gear. If you don't, there WILL be trouble. That's why the Star Gods proper will never attack your hideouts unless provoked, it'd often amount to instant game over.
In normal missions, the impact of combat stress is unnoticeable for me - there's additional pressure but no real problems. Also there are many outfits that decrease the rate of combat stress, Bravery is also a major factor (you lose 14 Morale each turn with Bravery 10, and only 7 with Bravery 80). This was done to add human frailty element into the game, and to slightly punish campers (with the right gear and high-Bravery gals, you can decrease the combat stress to almost 0 - it just forces the campers to prepare more thoroughly. However before you get the hi-end gear, you're paying with armor protection). It also forces those who rely on 'superfast' gear to actually act swiftly. Said gear was buffed a bit TU, Stamina and Reaction-wise to compensate.

Ah okay, so I will be able to avoid having my sniper falling in fetal position at turn 5. Then that should work.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #712 on: September 28, 2015, 11:28:31 am »
Everyone in the squad gets +10 Morale per each enemy kill (I think?). Kill at least 1 enemy each turn and you'll be perfectly fine :) Also - she IS a coward, isn't she? :)

Offline alinare

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: September 28, 2015, 01:47:41 pm »
Hello Dioxine:

I'm trying to figure out, what is the instruction to reduce the fighting morale by each passing day, to simulate a state of stress, but I can not give the specific line shift. Would you be so kind as to lay that out, if possible?
Thanks in advance.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #714 on: September 28, 2015, 02:29:33 pm »
I have no idea what you're talking about, sorry. The morale deteriorates in combat, not in geoscape. If you're asking if it's possible to tweak Morale in geoscape, then, no, there is no such function.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: September 28, 2015, 03:09:30 pm »
Finaly,vodka and rum willl finaly have their pain killer's used

I dont see too many research changes so i think its safe enough to install without my save's being blown up
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 03:13:58 pm by doctor medic »

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #716 on: September 28, 2015, 03:32:18 pm »
Everyone in the squad gets +10 Morale per each enemy kill (I think?). Kill at least 1 enemy each turn and you'll be perfectly fine :) Also - she IS a coward, isn't she? :)

Rince Wind with 10 bravery, and probably high voodoo power because the star gods did not gave her a try. Very fitting.

By the way, the quick draw slot put a few grenades in limbo in the inventory screen. Nothing I cannot sort with some save editing but it is worth the warning.

I do have a question, does the surgery room has an effect besides unlocking manufacturing?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #717 on: September 28, 2015, 03:44:25 pm »
By the way, the quick draw slot put a few grenades in limbo in the inventory screen. Nothing I cannot sort with some save editing but it is worth the warning.

Use the "clear inventory" button, dude (lower-right corner) :3

I do have a question, does the surgery room has an effect besides unlocking manufacturing?

It is required to manufacture some stuff, and to build some facilities. Don't worry every item/facility that needs it has that in its description (or should have...) :) Quicker healing hasn't been implemented in OXCom yet, if that's what you're asking...

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: September 28, 2015, 03:44:30 pm »
I found 2 bugs,When you dont have enough energy to open a door it will say you dont have enough TU
When i right click the laboratory it opens the storage screen instead of the research screen,probably had to do with it increasing storage

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #719 on: September 28, 2015, 03:48:03 pm »
I found 2 bugs,When you dont have enough energy to open a door it will say you dont have enough TU
When i right click the laboratory it opens the storage screen instead of the research screen,probably had to do with it increasing storage

OXCom bugs. We'll see if they're fixed when I update to the newer Nightly. Might be worth reporting on the bugtracker too. I didn't even know opening the door costed any Energy...???