Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609554 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] Piratez Extended - 0.94 - 14 Sep - New Faces
« Reply #675 on: September 16, 2015, 01:16:28 pm »
Ok, actually would make a bit more sense if these may be manufactured, in a form of 6-7 round magazine

It won't fit, dude. The hunting rifle is using an internal 5-round magazine.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: September 16, 2015, 05:28:38 pm »
Is there a plassteel version?

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 16, 2015, 06:24:50 pm »
Yes, there are plasteel hunting rifle clips. Those are manufacturable.

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #678 on: September 17, 2015, 03:27:45 am »
Another short report!

Spoiler:
  • Gameplay Balance

• Craft

• CRAB – Craft Weapons – Craft has an extra weapon hardpoint (Total: 1xLT, 1xHV), despite Bootypedia entry stating “GUNS: 1xHV”. Intended?

• Mechanics

• Manufacture - Profitability - Blossom Clip/HVAP (40x10) - Can be sold at a profit with a net profit, in thousands per month, of +2,739 compared to X-Grog's +1,122.

• Manufacture - Profitability - Manstopper Clip/EPulse – Sell value is identical to Manstopper Clip; $55. Sell value for Niner Clip/EPulse is $500 (compared to Niner Clip's $42). Intentional? Suggestion: increase sell value to $550.

• Spelling

• Ancient Log 1785-72 – Bootypedia entry - “Their goal was never to exterminate the humanity.” → should be “Their goal was never to exterminate humanity.”

• Further: “... but stable mutations have developed over time and ...” → should be “... but stable mutations developed over time and...”.
      • Further: “... plagues of the first century of Stars Gods rule have receded.” → should be “... plagues during the first century of Star Gods' rule receded.”
      • Further: “Tyrants and warlords ruled over the devastated territories, remnants of Old Earth military technology never being a threat to planet's true masters.” → should be “Tyrants and warlords ruled over the devastated territories with remnants of Old Earth military technology, never presenting a threat to the planet's true masters.”
      • Suggestion: “Their goal was never to exterminate humanity, but to subjugate the planet and its inhabitants. Majority of the planet was annihilated, land and life alike, but mutated lifeforms stabilized as plagues faded during the first century under the Star Gods' rule. Tyrants and warlords rose up among the ashes of civilization using Old Earth military technology, but none were ever a threat to the planet's new masters.”

• Higher Studies – Bootypedia entry - “From the dirties pits of hell...” → should be “From the dirtiest pits of hell...”.

• VooDoo Classes – Soldiers Screen – States “Remaining Psi-lab capacity>”. Intended?

• Miscellaneous

• Blossom Clip (40x10) – Manufacture – Listed under category “Ammunition: Special” instead of “Ammunition: Standard”. Intended?

• Power Mace – Multiple – Appeared in Bootypedia/Manufacture screens without any prompts. Ruleset delving states unlocks after completing research on Forcefields. Intended?

• Star God Operative – Bootypedia – Bootypedia entry did not prompt after completion of research interrogation.

• Toxigun Clip (5x5) - Manufacture – Produces “Toxin Tank”; should be Toxigun Clip in item screen or “Toxin Tank (5x5)” in manufacture screen.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: September 18, 2015, 02:17:46 pm »
I have a few questions.Is a shotgun with 50x8 deal 50 damage for each of the 8 shots?

How are the #.# calculated?What are they supposed to represent?

I see some #/## numbers in that fashion.What are they?

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: September 18, 2015, 05:42:12 pm »
I have a few questions.Is a shotgun with 50x8 deal 50 damage for each of the 8 shots?

How are the #.# calculated?What are they supposed to represent?

I see some #/## numbers in that fashion.What are they?

Ammunition clips (Item Stores, Manufacture screens, etc) represent the number of shots in a clip/magazine and how many clips/magazines are produced. (YxZ Clips means "Y" number of shots in a single clip, "Z" the number of clips produced)

Weapons that "spray" like Shotguns (not all Shotguns do) that have a YxZ damage type in the Bootypedia means each pellet does "Y" damage and there are "Z" pellets; 50x2 means 50 dmg, 2 pellets - an upgrade would be 50x4 (more chances to hit with a pellet) or 60x2 (more damage per pellet). These types of weapons, understandably, deal a much higher amount of damage upclose than from afar.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 05:44:11 pm by DracoGriffin »

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: September 18, 2015, 08:25:09 pm »
I have also see some weapon calculations that confuse me

specificaly the strenght 0.5

and one another that had something like 4/25

i dont remember the latter but i think it was something like that

These appear in the bootypedia at the weapon page

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: September 18, 2015, 09:18:12 pm »
I have also see some weapon calculations that confuse me

specificaly the strenght 0.5

and one another that had something like 4/25

i dont remember the latter but i think it was something like that

These appear in the bootypedia at the weapon page

Some weapons have bonuses to Hit % and/or Damage Increase.

Those that say "Skill:" use that particular attribute equation to boost the Hit %.
Examples:
Machete - Base Accuracy: 80%, Skill: Melee/2+50 means whatever the Soldier's Melee Skill is (say, 80) divided by 2, plus 50 for a total of 90 times the weapon's base Accuracy 80% for a boosted Hit % of 96%.
Dagger - Base Accuracy: 75%, Skill: Melee means whatever the Soldier's Melee Skill is (again, 80) for a total of 80 times the weapon's base accuracy 75% for a Hit % of 60%.

So essentially, the Machete is better for low Melee Skill soldiers than Dagger, but high Melee Skill soldiers are better using Dagger.

For POWER bonuses, particular attributes are equated to boost the damage of a weapon.
Examples:
Machete - Base Damage: 20, POWER Bonus: Strength*0.2+Melee*0.1 means Soldier's Strength (say, 55) multiplied by 0.2 plus Soldier's Melee Skill (again, 80) multiplied by 0.1 and the sum of these two is added to the Base Damage (20) for a total of 39 damage.
Dagger - Base Damage: 20, POWER Bonus: Strength*0.2+Melee*0.2 means Soldier's Strength (again, 55) multiplied by 0.2 plus Soldier's Melee Skill (again, 80) multiplied by 0.2 and the sum of these two is added to the Base Damage (20) for a total of 47 damage.

So again, Machete is better suited for low Strength/Melee Skill Soldiers, as Daggers are better for high Strength/Melee Skill Soldiers.

Formula functions are great as they can be made to do them automatically (with like Excel, Calc), but generally weapons with high base accuracy and limited Power bonuses are best for unskilled soldiers, but best to find the highest attribute(s) of a Soldier and try to find a weapon(s) that fits best.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: September 19, 2015, 06:01:59 am »
(my apologies if this question has been asked before)

In OXC/OXCE, is it true combat units (examples: tanks, dogs, etc.) still cannot be used for manufacturing other items ?

Spoiler:
By the way the Tank Autocannon is perhaps the best early game unit one can have :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #684 on: September 19, 2015, 12:55:06 pm »
Sure they can, they always could. They're not named, after all.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: September 19, 2015, 01:51:37 pm »
I found out that the quick switch item slot may cause unlimited TUs
https://imgur.com/edit?album_id=OfidU

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #686 on: September 19, 2015, 02:17:14 pm »
Okay how did you cause that, step by step?

Edit:
NVMD, found the bug. QD slot -> belt TU cost was not defined.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 02:20:11 pm by Dioxine »

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 19, 2015, 04:17:53 pm »
The game crashed after the second turn of the doom demon faction.The invisible pinky was the last to move before the crash
I also fired a baby nuke killing some enemies while in the second turn some demons blow some barrels and killed themselves

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 19, 2015, 05:37:23 pm »
I found out that the quick switch item slot may cause unlimited TUs
https://imgur.com/edit?album_id=OfidU

That's funny. Throw on Spear or Cattle Prod and win first turn. :D

The game crashed after the second turn of the doom demon faction.The invisible pinky was the last to move before the crash
I also fired a baby nuke killing some enemies while in the second turn some demons blow some barrels and killed themselves

Always make sure to attach saves if you want Dioxine to be able to research instances like this bug/crash.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: September 19, 2015, 05:47:07 pm »
How do i publish my save here?