Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609125 times)

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] Piratez Extended - 0.92 - 25 Jun
« Reply #450 on: July 28, 2015, 02:24:47 pm »
Yeah they're not really "wild" or "feral", more like abandoned castaways who almost got wiped out due to tech supplies being cut off and imminent crisis linked to their reliance on tech for feeding and reproduction. Otoh they became inependent, and they DO have big brains. I don't want to spoil too much, though.

About the slavery - who can be enslaved and who cannot is my arbitrary choice. I have no time to write a separate story on why this or that of a couple dozens enemies who cannot be enslaved, cannot be enslaved.
Deep ones, for one, would make shitty slaves - they're alien, they are religious fanatics, they hate all land dwellers, they don't like to work (unless inspired by their Gods), they're stupid, they're hard to communicate with.

Ok, understand! As I thought, neophytes and reverred in church a true fanatics (maybe even too brainwashed fanatics), so would be dangerous as slaves. And zealots are simple hired goons would be in that case, i believe.

I also wonder, who is manufacturing those stealth devices... someones with big brains, maybe... 

Dioxine, is there many data stuff from encrypted discs? Like old logs and similar... My playing session is about 4 game years and i feel that that's not all pedia articles i found. 

Almost a year i cant find church base... any advice from veterans?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 02:39:40 pm by LexThorn »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #451 on: July 28, 2015, 03:20:18 pm »
I also wonder, who is manufacturing those stealth devices... someones with big brains, maybe... 

Dioxine, is there many data stuff from encrypted discs? Like old logs and similar... My playing session is about 4 game years and i feel that that's not all pedia articles i found. 

Lol right, I like the idea :)

Anyway, how can I answer you? There is a bunch of these logs, yeah, plus a small heap of "pinups" :)

Progress on the basic Sectoid ship ("Sektrak"), still not sure if good enough but at least it has some furnishings now (planned lootable loot, like eg. Cloaking Device, wink, wink) (4th is an alternate coloring for some furnishings):

« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 03:27:06 pm by Dioxine »

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 28, 2015, 03:50:35 pm »
Lol right, I like the idea :)

Anyway, how can I answer you? There is a bunch of these logs, yeah, plus a small heap of "pinups" :)

Progress on the basic Sectoid ship ("Sektrak"), still not sure if good enough but at least it has some furnishings now (planned lootable loot, like eg. Cloaking Device, wink, wink) (4th is an alternate coloring for some furnishings):

Nice design! Hmm...  is it will be hard to detect ships with stealth devices like on gals craft?

Is it possible to make disks drop more often? Or, better, find more than 1 on cracked bases? just an idea, not a demand.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 03:56:08 pm by LexThorn »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #453 on: July 28, 2015, 04:35:30 pm »
Is it possible to make disks drop more often? Or, better, find more than 1 on cracked bases? just an idea, not a demand.

You're just unlucky. You can sometimes heist 2 disks from a Cutter. I will look into base disk deployments, though. But the general idea is that no matter the mission, you shouldn't be able to heist more than 2-3 from a single one, because that'd destroy the feeling of uniqueness about every disc. You shouldn't be finding them faster than you can research them.

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 28, 2015, 06:01:25 pm »
You're just unlucky. You can sometimes heist 2 disks from a Cutter. I will look into base disk deployments, though. But the general idea is that no matter the mission, you shouldn't be able to heist more than 2-3 from a single one, because that'd destroy the feeling of uniqueness about every disc. You shouldn't be finding them faster than you can research them.

Yes, i understand that! A bit more of them on bases woudnt hurt, i think ^___^.
How about, lets say... finding an old fighter hulls in missions? Maybe desert ones. As rare finding, though, on the big maps maybe. more as part of atmospere.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 06:04:40 pm by LexThorn »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #455 on: July 28, 2015, 06:13:22 pm »
I like it, it's such a romantic vision! However I'd need DAMNED GFX for a wrecked hull first! :)

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 28, 2015, 06:25:26 pm »
I like it, it's such a romantic vision! However I'd need DAMNED GFX for a wrecked hull first! :)

I think it can be placed to "to do" list with low or very low proirity ^_____^

Hmm... about the star gods... why operatives ransom is higher than guardians? isnt guardians higher rank or something like that? And, maybe gals can cook godly brain from guardians too? Same spieces, why not?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #457 on: July 28, 2015, 06:29:21 pm »

Seems like I remember a plane wreck map from TftD that might be a good starting point.  Just saying. ;)

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 28, 2015, 06:40:19 pm »
Seems like I remember a plane wreck map from TftD that might be a good starting point.  Just saying. ;)

OR we can take actual model of hunter-killer or other fighter of ours and.... well.... WRECK it ^___________^

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #459 on: July 28, 2015, 11:25:06 pm »
The experimental ship is working as intended. Now with the tileset mostly done, I can make more of them. Here's a screenshon - without the Sectoids yet :)

Also Star God Guardians rank lower than Operatives. Read their Pedia entry.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 11:26:43 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 29, 2015, 01:26:02 am »
That looks pretty cool, however I can't help but think it's kind of reversed:

- Human factions that allied themselves with the aliens fly alien UFOs
- Sectoids, who at the very least used to be with the aliens, fly crafts that are more in line with the avenger/bonaventura.

Wouldn't it make more sense if the sectoids flew in UFOs and the human factions flew in ships that share hulls/looks with the avenger/bonaventura?

From this, it seems like Traders/Mercs/Church/Academy are closer to the aliens than sectoids are, who themselves are aliens. If that's intended, then.. everything is working as intended I guess ;)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #461 on: July 29, 2015, 02:15:13 am »
Humans usually fly ships made on Stellar Empire's plans and built by the Traders. Sectoids or pirates... not so much. You can say that Raiders shouldn't be either... well yes, I am considering remaking their ships as well :)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 29, 2015, 02:45:25 am »
Ok! Then all makes sense as I expected ;)

It would be cool if Raiders flew similar ships than pirates, with weapons similar to what you would expect a pirate of that tier to put on those ships. And then you can retrieve Old Fighter Hulls from raiders!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #463 on: July 29, 2015, 11:07:59 pm »
Almost done with the basic Sectoid types... Peon, Technician (badass sniper), Siren and Sectogre. As for gfx left to do, just 1-2 more weapons (Spore Launcher plus some melee option for Sectogres). Then it'll be lots of coding, and the Sectoids will be ready to debut in the new version - to be expanded upon later (more ships, more types including leaders).

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 30, 2015, 05:41:50 am »
Almost done with the basic Sectoid types... Peon, Technician (badass sniper), Siren and Sectogre. As for gfx left to do, just 1-2 more weapons (Spore Launcher plus some melee option for Sectogres). Then it'll be lots of coding, and the Sectoids will be ready to debut in the new version - to be expanded upon later (more ships, more types including leaders).

Nice!! Idea: "Contacts" card for sectoids. They, maybe, will buy regeneration chambers (i see that it isnt used in recipies by the way) from gals for a higher price (as i consider they a VERY intrested in those). And, maybe, some goodies from them to buy.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 05:51:01 am by LexThorn »