Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609705 times)

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] Piratez Extended - 0.92 - 25 Jun
« Reply #480 on: August 08, 2015, 05:46:38 pm »
I have a fear that i installed the normal piratez mod,does the red backround on bootypedia mean that i got the right one?

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 08, 2015, 06:04:21 pm »
I don't know if the background image changed, but can you build a still? There were only few new buildings in the regular Piratez, but I think there are a lot in X-Piratez, the still being the first one encountered.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 08, 2015, 06:14:27 pm »
I can build so i have the right version.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 08, 2015, 07:04:17 pm »
im only here for the rum

jk

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 08, 2015, 07:08:59 pm »
yo also i wanna test something out. i wanna see what happens if i place an openxcomEx total conv game like this and try to use regular openxcom to load it up crash or simply features unavailable aka broken gameplay. i'll let you know .just an experiment.

openxcom extended has so many insane features like custom psi, custom soldier training and training facilities, attaching psi weapons on armors and tons of insane stuff should be exciting i think is deff a better direction for a total conversion type mod.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #485 on: August 08, 2015, 07:39:39 pm »
Moved from the old thread.

well we can forget about the still and just make xgrog a short research or go back to vodka being the only requirement for rum

Nah the Grog needs to be manufacturable from the start, else it'd be too punishing. Making it a research would make that research mandatory, and mandatory researches aren't fun (basically aking to an empty tech). As for the Rum, the thing is more complicated...

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 08, 2015, 08:28:27 pm »
What do you think would be the best way to balance or if there is any need for balance?

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 08, 2015, 09:00:34 pm »
Im 9 months in and i yet to see a raider,i got spartans some star gods and their pet cyclops and of course the traders and academy but not raiders

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #488 on: August 08, 2015, 10:01:01 pm »
I think the balance regarding alcohol is fine - you get a working Still, but you need to research it if you want to start business in another base... And building the second base won't be happening quickly. As for the raiders - it's a lottery, that's what makes every playthrough different.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 08, 2015, 10:16:04 pm »
Should i be playing in tftd damage calculation or vanila?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #490 on: August 08, 2015, 10:31:00 pm »
Should i be playing in tftd damage calculation or vanila?

I don't think either way is strongly enforced by the mod, but it's balanced for the vanilla damage.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #491 on: August 09, 2015, 12:37:06 am »
TFTD/UFO damage is set on weapon-per-weapon basis. Forcing TFTD = easy mode.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 09, 2015, 02:04:57 am »
i just tried piratez mods in regular openxcom. works fine . i think the engine ignores everything that is openxcomExtended 

oh and those strings STR_SKYRANGER, STR_MIXED ... are still there :) you forgot to delete them from the game haha.

[edit] hahah im s dumb. yur pirate english is different than regular english it works on extended version. is just when i plop it into regular the strings go missing .nvm
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 02:07:18 am by tollworkout »

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 09, 2015, 12:30:25 pm »
I really would like someone to complete the piramid of pain with melee only
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 02:22:58 pm by doctor medic »

Offline DrkPaladin

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 09, 2015, 07:03:12 pm »
I haven't posted before, but I just had to create an account to say that this mod is absolutely amazing.  Been playing a ton the last few weeks, and I love the non-linear nature of this mod.  After getting through the challenging early game, and into to the late game (4 years in).  Still occasionally finding new topics to research, and just waiting/hunting for the last couple interrogations.  Just when it seemed to be looking all downhill, the swaying local government missions have really ramped up (I assume in response to me taking on the larger craft and bases).  I'm not sure if I should respond by laying off and waiting for the right targets or by ramping up my own air game, but fun either way.

small bug report with minor spoilers
Spoiler:
As far as bugs go, I assume that most of the mod is working as intended.  The only small bug I feel I've found is specifically in regards to the Recoiless Rifle.  After crafting my first batch of 2 or 3, I found that they disappeared from the manufacturing window.  This might have been a bug related to Extended rather than the mod though.  Luckily the ammo was still available for crafting so I was still able to put them to some use until other weapon technology surpassed them, although I only have one left due to some losses over large numbers of missions.  I'm not sure if this would happen every playthrough, but I'll make sure to craft a large batch on my next playthrough just in case. 
The very rare crash to desktops or unloadable level have all been easy to work around by reloading and checking or unchecking the 'savescum' option in the mod menu to change the seeds.
Someone else did mention small numbers of encrypted data disks, and this does seem to be my experience as well now that I'm pretty much just dealing with large craft and bases. 

Anyways, keep up the great work.  I'm looking forward to a second playthrough as soon and I finish up this first one.