Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3577972 times)

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] Piratez Extended - 0.92 - 25 Jun
« Reply #510 on: August 18, 2015, 12:05:55 am »
I think it is a leftover from non-extended version of Piratez, it just meant that melee weapons with fixed accuracy, like Bat or Pipe, still count toward melee skill training on scoring hits, even though those weapons do not benefit from skill at all.

Bat and Pipe do use Melee skill... Per Bootypedia entry (for both, coincidentally):
Code: [Select]
Skill: MELEE/4 + 75
Couple of things that don't: Hammer, Pickaxe, Chainsaw. There are more, but not without spoilering other melee stuff.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 18, 2015, 12:43:11 am »
Bat and Pipe do use Melee skill... Per Bootypedia entry (for both, coincidentally):
Skill: MELEE/4 + 75
Couple of things that don't: Hammer, Pickaxe, Chainsaw. There are more, but not without spoilering other melee stuff.

I meant that Bat, Pipe, Handle, Shovel and a lot of other melee weapons didnt benefit from melee skill at all in pre-Extended version of Piratez, but hitting people using those weapons still counted towards Melee skill training - so thats what this data disc entry is about.
Hammers and Chainsaws mechanically arent melee weapons at all, so hitting people with them doesnt count for Melee skill increase, but does so for Ranged accuracy.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 18, 2015, 12:06:37 pm »
new openxcom extended seems to give yaml cpp error bad file 0 0

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #513 on: August 18, 2015, 12:20:03 pm »
new openxcom extended seems to give yaml cpp error bad file 0 0

Is this the same as the one bundled with the mod?

Because you're supposed to use the one bundled with the mod.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 18, 2015, 02:23:15 pm »
Try to do a clean install dont even put it in the same place where openxcom is,just make a brand new folder and put it in

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 18, 2015, 06:17:05 pm »
the bundld one is ok

Offline MarhaCz

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 18, 2015, 08:42:57 pm »
Ok so i have runned out of ideas so i will ask here directly.
!!MAJOR SPOILER WARNING!!
Spoiler:
Ok so iam bassicaly stuck on same tech level for maybe 8 months. I have attacked everyting, captured everyting, build everything yet iam not able to do that governon mission. So i digged into rulesets and found out that for last mission i need ultimate craft. By searching dependencies i found out that the firsth missing link is STR_BARACUDA_INTERCEPTOR, by try and error metod i found out that iam missing tech called STR_PILOT_PLUS, this tech is unlocked by researching STR_FLOATER_PILOT (Guild Air sailor) or STR_GOVT_PILOT or maybe both, of course i have researched both, yet in my save file i cannont find STR_PILOT_PLUS under discovered: tag. I tried to add it manually but it get deleted everytime. Iam on edge of insanity right now, any help? -.- Also sorry for diging in your files like that :)

EDIT: Ok so i have added this line of code into piratez.rul under research: ->   
  - name: STR_PILOT_PLUS
    cost: 0
    needItem: false
and i can continue with research -.-
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 09:08:43 pm by MarhaCz »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #517 on: August 19, 2015, 01:24:55 pm »
Sorry for not answering sooner, my internet provider got thunderstruck... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AC41dglnM

I think it is a leftover from non-extended version of Piratez, it just meant that melee weapons with fixed accuracy, like Bat or Pipe, still count toward melee skill training on scoring hits, even though those weapons do not benefit from skill at all.

Yeah it was a leftover. Deleted.

edit: by the way, Dioxine, may be add a melee attack to Hammers?
Like, leave ranged attack as unscaleable/worse tactical option (with power enough to break walls) and add a scaleable melee "Hit" option. Might be nice, even if just to train melee acc.

Hammer is scaleable - you get better damage for higher melee & strength. Adding an extra "true melee" option would be too much of a boogaloo, let's better wait till Extended externalizes skill training :)

EDIT: Ok so i have added this line of code into piratez.rul under research: ->   
    needItem: false
and i can continue with research -.-

Yeah it's indeed a bug, forgot to add that research topic. Thanks for hunting this one down. The actual fix should add the following:

dependencies:
      - STR_FLOATER_PILOT
      - STR_GOVT_PILOT

Oh yeah, and 0.93 uploaded https://www.openxcom.com/mods , have fun :) Off to working on something extra cool for the next release... :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 02:05:30 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] Piratez Extended - 0.93 - 19 Aug - Sectoids!
« Reply #518 on: August 19, 2015, 03:38:21 pm »
Hello,

First of all, thank you for making such an awesome mod. I halted a XCom 2012 campaign to make a LP at the bay12 forums (link).

Is it safe to move saves from 0.92 to 0.93? I see that some research has been moved but I am eager to go after the reticulans.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 04:30:00 pm by Boltgun »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #519 on: August 19, 2015, 04:19:55 pm »
Hello,

First of all, thank you for making such an awesome mod. I halted a XCom 2012 campaign to make a LP at the bay12 forums (link).

Is it save to move saves from 0.92 to 0.93? I see that some research has been moved but I am eager to go after the reticulans.

Thanks again.

Wow, that was unexpected. Not only a new Let's Play, but one not from a regular member of this community - which is a good thing, because it means fresh perspective. I'll certainly watch your episodes.

As for migration, I'm not the mod's author, but I predict no trouble here.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #520 on: August 19, 2015, 04:35:38 pm »
Fully safe, although you will get some harmless research gibberish (most of them are normally non-displayed 0 cost items, so you can do away with all of them in a single day, just put 1 scientist on those, if the progress is "excellent" it means the thing will be researched by midnight), and there might be some research time lost - or gained.

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #521 on: August 19, 2015, 04:43:30 pm »
Alright, thank you. By the way, is that intended that the amazon outfit weights 20 (or rather 15 after the strength bonus)? I had trouble in a pogrom because I gave the outfit to weak rookies and they could not even hold a knife.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 04:56:22 pm by Boltgun »

niculinux

« Reply #522 on: August 19, 2015, 05:46:54 pm »
Dear Dioxine,

Probably i may have suggested this in the past but agai, for the next 0.94 version may we get the Laser Reskin mod incorporated into piratez extended, replzcing the actual laser weapons? The mod provides very cool laser guns design, a mod by user tentaculant soup, so full credit  goes to him.
 As for clip i try to make them, in fact i made raw sprites, but poorly failed implementation in the game, see the thread. It'a pity, because i think it's the most cool laser gin mod ever made in the openxcom community, why nobody used it ever? :, ( eventually clips may be renamed to batteries, or laser batteries

Edit: some specifications :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 06:06:35 pm by niculinux »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #523 on: August 19, 2015, 06:27:13 pm »
@Boltgun:  Thanks a ton for posting the link to your LP!  Cant wait to read up on it!
Cheers, Ivan :D

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #524 on: August 19, 2015, 07:31:53 pm »
Alright, thank you. By the way, is that intended that the amazon outfit weights 20 (or rather 15 after the strength bonus)? I had trouble in a pogrom because I gave the outfit to weak rookies and they could not even hold a knife.

I think the description hints that you really need to look good (read: beefy) to wear it without ashaming yourself... :) It's for elites, not swabbies.
Btw great LP and it's probably you whom I have to thank for basically doubling the download rate of my mod :) You're going to like the next update (read: moar semi-NSFW material) :)

Probably i may have suggested this in the past but agai, for the next 0.94 version may we get the Laser Reskin mod incorporated into piratez extended, replzcing the actual laser weapons? The mod provides very cool laser guns design, a mod by user tentaculant soup, so full credit  goes to him.

Reskinned by Yrizoud to make them pretty, then reskinned again by myself to make them less pretty, and incorporated into the mod. Ages ago. ("Industrial Laser").