aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609578 times)

Offline begri

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] Piratez Extended - 0.92 - 25 Jun
« Reply #405 on: July 17, 2015, 01:54:16 pm »
Ok I had find the latest android update the simple piratez works well. Some picture is missing for weapons. It is great mod.

Can I play pirate x on this new android build?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #406 on: July 17, 2015, 03:55:39 pm »
1. You WILL have messed up sprites with the newest nightly. You need 20th April Nightly or somesuch for proper work (dig normal Piratez thread for details)
2. Maybe but I don't know how. You'd need to install the x-Piratez first, then install a new OXCom build + corresponding Extended build.

Offline begri

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 17, 2015, 07:57:31 pm »
1. You WILL have messed up sprites with the newest nightly. You need 20th April Nightly or somesuch for proper work (dig normal Piratez thread for details)
2. Maybe but I don't know how. You'd need to install the x-Piratez first, then install a new OXCom build + corresponding Extended build.
Ok I had finally understand the things better.

Now the x piratez work well. Just this is wierd:

My installation :
Latest android build
OpenXcom-1.0-g9bc2050.apk

Then I had move the common, standard, TFTD files and owerrite te original installation.

The piratez mod I had put into the mods.

Everything looks good

Is it good? :)

(not working crash after I had smash an armored enemy soldier with hammer...)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 08:54:19 pm by begri »

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #408 on: July 17, 2015, 08:54:34 pm »
Which device are you using to play the Android build?

Offline begri

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 17, 2015, 08:55:43 pm »
Which device are you using to play the Android build?
Samsung Galaxy tab s 10.5 lollipop 5.0.2

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #410 on: July 18, 2015, 10:25:06 am »
Huh, the font is all f*cked up. I wonder why... Probably some Android thing.

Offline begri

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 18, 2015, 12:24:53 pm »
Huh, the font is all f*cked up. I wonder why... Probably some Android thing.
I would be glad if the modders would make a zip for the easy installation for the android build. Simple to put it into the mod map without the extra change of the game.

Anyway if you put the x piratez mappe from the user/mod mappe it works and you don't need to rewrite the common, standard and TFTD mappe
Is it ok?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #412 on: July 18, 2015, 12:33:15 pm »
I can't do that because I'm not a soft developer, I don't know how to compile and no means to check if it works even if I did (I don't have any Android device). I have Windows so I write for Windows. Sorry man.

As for the installation, yes, that's what you have to do when you acquire the right [insert non-windows system here] build.

Offline EuchreJack

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 20, 2015, 04:39:48 am »
I just had a crash on a mutant pogrom at the end of my first turn. On checking with debug my guess and with a lot of testing/editing of the save file is there's some problem with enemy soldiers (03,12,13,14,17 and 29) as that is when the screen freezes and I have to shut openxcom down. Attached is saves (before and after editing), config file and openxcom log. Thanks in advance for any help in this massive and wholly enjoyable full conversion. In test one A save I've changed the status of the 6 culprits to 7 and given them 200 stun. Could it possibly be where these soldiers spawn?

Possible map issue. I'm not fixing it since basic Piratez mod is discontinued - all developement goes to the Extended version.

I've encountered a similar problem in the Extended version.  Posting in both Basic and Extended forums, although I only play the Extended version.

Actually, I believe it has to do with
Spoiler:
The Academy
, as I get a CTD whenever I run an open battle Pogrom.  Not normal crash sites with them, just the Pogroms.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 04:42:37 am by EuchreJack »

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #414 on: July 20, 2015, 05:48:53 am »
Strange; which map specifically (for the open battle Pogrom)?

I've had Academy Pogroms and I haven't encountered any crashes yet.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #415 on: July 20, 2015, 09:55:09 am »
Map issue. Re-start mission. Send me the crashing save so I know which terrain is bugged. Can't do much about that anyway as I am not the author of extra Pogrom terrains but any data on this is important.

Offline EuchreJack

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 21, 2015, 12:47:12 am »
Strange; which map specifically (for the open battle Pogrom)?

I've had Academy Pogroms and I haven't encountered any crashes yet.
Map issue. Re-start mission. Send me the crashing save so I know which terrain is bugged. Can't do much about that anyway as I am not the author of extra Pogrom terrains but any data on this is important.
It apparently depends on the map setup, as I've experimented with the New Battle feature and gotten some that work.

Offline begri

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 21, 2015, 02:31:40 pm »
If I remove the amiga font, then on android everything is ok with the fonts

The description of the dog and the alien advisor is missing from the ufopedia.

The android can't handle this font good, or I don't know

I think I had repair it because anyway the short code had a bug.
Compare the original font file, even some character is missing as well.

Is this amiga font important???
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 03:25:51 pm by begri »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #418 on: July 21, 2015, 04:02:23 pm »
It is not THAT important, and it looks horrible on your screenshot. It is not supposed to look like that. Looks like the Amiga Font works well only for the PC master race :)

The descriptions of dog and advisor aren't missing.

Offline Samscale1

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 22, 2015, 11:53:18 am »
Hiya, new here so not sure if I'm posting this in the right place.

I have encountered a few issues (I think, for all I know it could be intended, but it could be amiss). I recently watched Ivan's LP of this mod and it kinda inspired me to give it a bash. Here are my issues, I can upload save files if you need them (I do, however, have a nasty habit of under-saving, so a lot of mine are either close together in missions that I've never experienced or just before I close the game.) I'll put each "bug" in a spoiler box as they're about what I feel like is late game stuff, might not be, but better safe than sorry.

Spoiler:
I think I broke my research tree. Currently I have nothing to research. However I have not researched a bunch of items in my inventory that aren't in my Bootypedia. Also I unlocked the Vodka research from a Govt Papers and did not pop the Finely Distilled Rum research even though I have had some in my inventory. Other stuff that I have that I'm unsure about includes : A bunch of stuff that I got from disassembling plasmas, gauss and laser weaponry. Some broken batteries I got from a landed probe on the Atrium of Anguish mission. Assembled plasma weapons that I got from a base defense.

Spoiler:
Im not sure if this is a bug or intended, but I recently took on a smuggler mission and went up against some enemies that looked like Succubi and the Na'vi from Avatar, but my soldiers could only see them on a diagonal and not if  they were directly next to them. Meaning I couldn't use my hammer or chainsaw on them (and when I tried the shots flew halfway across the map and at one point hit and killed a guy a good 20 tiles away) and I couldn't optimally try to stun them because I had to leave enough TUs to get out of the way for the next gal to come in to stun.

Spoiler:
Also on the smuggler mission I encountered an alien that looked like a recolour of Robin's anthropod alien in brown to look almost Wookie-like and it in addition to the Na'vi like aliens left corpses on the battlefield but on mission complete I couldn't find them in my inventory. I've had a few other items go missing like this too. Crates, for example, vanish once mission is complete, I feel like I should have to research and then "manufacture" opened crates to get at goodies inside.

Let me know if you need any save files and I'll try and find some near to where the "bugs" occurred.