Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610358 times)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] Piratez Extended - 0.91 - 14 Jun
« Reply #270 on: June 23, 2015, 12:07:25 am »
Looks good except the pouches above the waist. Shouldn't they hang from the belt? I find tying anything around my lower torso (not to say belly :P) to be very uncomfortable and restrictive breathing wise.

Offline nuttycompany

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 23, 2015, 06:13:41 am »
I tried this mod 4 days ago and cannot stop playing ;D.

But I have a problem dealing with power armor dude.
2nd or 3rd month base defend always end my game, I can deal with most foe but there always be that one guy in power armor who refuse to die no matter what I try.

Other troble I run into is, if you don't find the trader early, that mean no decent early game armor to use :(
Which lead me to use my "death or glory malee charge" tactic a lot, which I must admit is quite fun to do anyway :P

Offline VodkaBear

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 23, 2015, 11:28:47 am »
But I have a problem dealing with power armor dude.
2nd or 3rd month base defend always end my game, I can deal with most foe but there always be that one guy in power armor who refuse to die no matter what I try.

Since I still not tried extended version and my experience may be outdated - best weapon against them was a simple hammer+strong soldier, just flank him and hit from the back 1-2 times, should be enough. If it was nerfed - you can try cannon or boarding gun shooting in his back.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #273 on: June 23, 2015, 01:49:07 pm »
Nerfed, yes, but a hammer or an axe are still very effective for that purpose. Easier to kill them with explosives, but you have to shell out some hard cash which is in short supply in early game.

As for the armor, I was trying to recreate the modern military gear fashion which puts a lot of pouches on soldier's chest an belly, whatever sense it has :) I will probably reconfigure this.

Offline Wheezematic

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 23, 2015, 02:23:10 pm »
I'm not sure if this has been pointed out before, but in the latest version, the plasma mace doesn't seem to work correctly. Even the stun attack kills enemies dead. Also, the lethal attack (the "snap shot" one) only works orthogonally, is that working as intended?

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 23, 2015, 03:18:18 pm »
This probably "undocumented changes" of extended version. Melee hit of range weapons have "Melee" damage type not "Stun".

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #276 on: June 23, 2015, 03:48:40 pm »
This probably "undocumented changes" of extended version. Melee hit of range weapons have "Melee" damage type not "Stun".

Thanks for the info. I was never a big fan of "gun melee" but it is there as a temporary solution. Unsurprisingly, the Mace is the ONLY weapon in Piratez which is using this mechanic. I will probably redesign the mace for some sort of "less than totally lethal" single mode of attack or something. I don't know yet. Is it even possible to edit the "gun melee" damage in Extended by Damage Alter and Damage Bonus? Or is it only working with the standard attack?

As for the lack of diagonal attack - well that's how Range 1 works for a ranged weapon. That's how the engine works. For a diagonal attack to be possible, you need Range 2, but that'd allow attacking 2 tiles orthogonally (or VERTICALLY). All in all while this might be counter-intuitive, it is welcome on my part - Range 1 weapons allow you to attack vertically, while melee weapons allow to attack diagonally. The main reason why I have introduced Range 1 weapons is because Melee weapons cannot destroy terrain. The main problem with ranged weapons - you cannot miss from 1 tile away, which is kind of stupid (actually it is difficult to hit a living, dodging and fighting target with a firearm in close-contact - all he has to do is to keep deflecting/dodging the barrel of your gun - that's why military martial arts teach to momentarily disable the enemy with a melee attack before shooting him).
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 03:51:33 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 23, 2015, 05:04:55 pm »
Is it even possible to edit the "gun melee" damage in Extended by Damage Alter and Damage Bonus? Or is it only working with the standard attack?
Right it's not possible but it's easy to add.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] Piratez Extended - 0.92 - 25 Jun
« Reply #278 on: June 25, 2015, 09:31:24 pm »
0.92 is out, with Spartans, greatly developed facility interdependencies, tons of new stuff and improvements, and a few requests granted. Enjoy.

The next step: quite possibly Sectoids, as they're important to the story. Then a major overhaul of pirate paperdolls (Extended allows for 128 variations of gals - so far we only have 8!). I'm also tempted to work on terrain, or maybe new Passengers... Something along these lines.

If your request wasn't explicitly denied, be patient. I have pulled Zharkov's Batman (any ideas on new guys, or female versions?), as for Roxis231's alternate sprites, no upgrade this time, I want to do this in one go (ideally when the major work on extra paperdolls is finished).

No upgrade to the latest Nightly/Extended either, as I haven't touched upon what they have to offer, and all the tests suggest everything is working fine. I will upgrade only when it becomes unwise not to. As for Hobbes' terrain, it takes me a lot of work to upgrade, so I will do so only when he reaches a major milestone (lots of new maps & fixes)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 09:35:06 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 25, 2015, 09:46:56 pm »
Then a major overhaul of pirate paperdolls (Extended allows for 128 variations of gals - so far we only have 8!). I'm also tempted to work on terrain, or maybe new Passengers... Something along these lines.

128! Damm - Lot of work incomeing for me!

Will you be sticking to just 2 skin colours and Multiple heads? or something else?  And it may help with the alternate sprites if I can get a copy ahead of time please?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #280 on: June 25, 2015, 10:17:25 pm »
128! Damm - Lot of work incomeing for me!

Will you be sticking to just 2 skin colours and Multiple heads? or something else?  And it may help with the alternate sprites if I can get a copy ahead of time please?

Not sure, I might introduce varied body shapes too - namely, a smaller one in addition to the current. Maybe also a bigger one. But you will get them in advance. If it's just heads, there won't be that much work, though. As for new skin tones... hell no. To get the current ones to look good took so much time already :)

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 25, 2015, 10:41:51 pm »
I might introduce varied body shapes too - namely, a smaller one in addition to the current. Maybe also a bigger one.

Personally I think that would be FAR to much work to do for 128 Paperdolls in anything short of several (8 or 9) months, as you would have to create three variants for Each of the 50+ Armours - and most of those from scrach at that (useing a resize function from a graphics program will take much more work to get them to match IMO.) Also see the third quote.

If it's just heads, there won't be that much work

I concur with this.

As for new skin tones... hell no. To get the current ones to look good took so much time already :)

Definetly - I think this would take LONGER than the varied body shapes to impliment.

Offline nuttycompany

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 26, 2015, 03:42:17 am »
Yea I new version (I think I will wait till my current game end, which will probably be 2 hr, max :P)

A question, what role will the sectoid have?
Are they part of mutant aliance or thrall of star god?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #283 on: June 26, 2015, 01:04:34 pm »
A question, what role will the sectoid have?
Are they part of mutant aliance or thrall of star god?

It's more complex than that. You'll see.

Speaking about game ending, I still haven't decided... should the final mission be made epicly difficult, or leave it be, as it is... One thing will definitely change, I'll remove the Chryssalids, Celatids and Silacoids from Cydonia as in this setting, there is little sense for them being there (Silacoids will be redeployed to somewhere else). Also I will add space suits for the Martian mission - although I cannot enforce using them :)

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
  • Back in the day it was gameplay not a feature....
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 26, 2015, 03:23:15 pm »
Arghh....Moar hoarding to be done  8)