aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3577945 times)

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] Piratez Extended - 0.91 - 14 Jun
« Reply #225 on: June 14, 2015, 10:30:37 pm »
There might be a flaw in the research tree. I just researched minecraft (good pedia entry btw) and than I was enabled to build hatchets. Which I can then rsearch. Is this intentional?

Oh, my, I shouldn't pay this game drunk - it is bad for the gals' field survivability...

[edit: I noticed the typo, but it is funny!]
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 10:49:48 am by Zharkov »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #226 on: June 14, 2015, 10:51:19 pm »
Fully intentional. You need these hatchets for some research, and they're hard to come by - the Minecraft route seemed a logical backup. Plus it's not an empty tech that way - stone hatchets might be marginally useful, especially for those who have abnormally high Throwing skill.

As for the backgroud pictures - well yeah, they're from the internets and my own private libraries, authors too many to even count and mostly unknown to me, I'm not storing this info while downloading. But after butchering their work to 320x200x256 it doesn't even remotely look like their original work.

As for the flavour pics for countries - hmm a very interesting idea, but I don't know if it makes much sense since the text would obstruct a lot, plus I might have trouble finding suitable pictures for every country... Definitely doable, though...

Offline FudgeDragon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 14, 2015, 11:10:28 pm »
Like I said, read the install instructions carefully, it's very different than it used to be :) The whole game + mod is provided, minus original ufo files. But if you want to install it the old way (unadvised), make sure to delete the common/soldiername directory. I couldn't get the switchable soldiername functionality to work, Warboy made it too smart for me :)

In an effort to avoid having more than 1 UFO directory sitting around my computer (and being unwilling to resort to symlinks) I had a look into this myself tonight, and got it working. I beat my head agaist the wall that was YAML-CPP error output and then took a look at the code.

I still don't entirely understand how the rulesets work, but the bottom of soldiers: - type: XCOM now looks like this and it works!

Code: [Select]
    soldierNames:
      - delete
      - SoldierName/Pirate.nam

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 14, 2015, 11:29:39 pm »
Fully intentional.

Okay.

I had just an ctd, of course there was nothing remotely usefull in the logfile, but there were some entries like:
requested file not found: UFOGRAPH/MAN_36M0.SPK
Sometimes with other numbers, though. I did not miss anything and it seems unrelated to the ctd.

CTD was on a Terror Mission with the following map thingies:
  mapdatasets:
    - BLANKS
    - DAWNROADS
    - DAWNURBITS
    - DAWNURBAN
    - DAWNFRNITURE
    - DAWNDECOR
    - BLANKS
    - AVENGER_GR
    - LIGHTNIN_GR
    - XBASE1
Is it still the broken pathfinding? I am sorry, I never know how to make useful bug reports for ctds for this game.

Btw, this light on, light off - is it cosmetic or are the gals really harder to see?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #229 on: June 15, 2015, 01:51:17 am »
I had just an ctd, of course there was nothing remotely usefull in the logfile, but there were some entries like:
requested file not found: UFOGRAPH/MAN_36M0.SPK
Sometimes with other numbers, though. I did not miss anything and it seems unrelated to the ctd.

Are you sure you have the original XCOM installed where it belongs now? Man you really need to read install instructions :)

Btw, this light on, light off - is it cosmetic or are the gals really harder to see?

Bootypedia never lies. With the lights on, they're visible from 20 tiles away. With light off, in full darkness, they're only visible up to enemies' Night Vision range which is usually less.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #230 on: June 15, 2015, 05:27:46 am »
Any chance on getting some guidance for converting saves from 0.9j?  Or should it be automatic?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #231 on: June 15, 2015, 10:37:50 am »
Any chance on getting some guidance for converting saves from 0.9j?  Or should it be automatic?

I'm fairly sure some doctoring will be necessary, because of stuff like craft weapon slots (now there's up to 4 of them and each can only accept certain weapons, so it's likely that your Bonny will have wrong weapons installed, or on wrong slots). I can't remember how exactly it works though, so Dioxine's help will be necessary.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 15, 2015, 10:50:40 am »
Are you sure you have the original XCOM installed where it belongs now? Man you really need to read install instructions :)

Yes, I am sure. I am really sure I did something wrong...

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
  • Back in the day it was gameplay not a feature....
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 15, 2015, 01:25:29 pm »
I'm fairly sure some doctoring will be necessary, because of stuff like craft weapon slots (now there's up to 4 of them and each can only accept certain weapons, so it's likely that your Bonny will have wrong weapons installed, or on wrong slots). I can't remember how exactly it works though, so Dioxine's help will be necessary.

Regarding this specifically, a good idea might be simply putting them in storage and create a new save, then move to the extended and load them again. Just to be on the safe side I'd do the same with every type of equipment.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 15, 2015, 03:41:56 pm »
I tried something like that as my current piratez game is running off Soldier Diaries Legacy 2015 04 30 0620+win32 by FudgeDragon. My current game is into mid October and I assume it's just not as straight forward as moving your .sav file from that build into Piratez Extended. On a test run yesterday this is what I tried but when I went into the extended version the game save was no where to be found.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #235 on: June 15, 2015, 03:48:49 pm »
I think you need to add a label to your save, saying that it's a save for a certain master mod, probably this (replacing your old mods label):

mods:
  - piratez

And while going through the make-sure process like pilot00 suggests might not be neccessary, the research tree has changed, facility dependencies have appeared and it can lead to some trouble with continuing (unless you can soak up things like $900k for a new Still that you get for free in Xtended). I suggest starting a new campaign.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 03:53:22 pm by Dioxine »

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 15, 2015, 04:14:23 pm »
Yes I think I'll do that as apart from the problem of converting any .sav files there are 4 piratez .rul files on the 2015 04 30 build and it would probably pull up "missing contents" when I would load any old save on the extended version which could lead to problems. However I'll finish my current game first as it's getting very good at the minute. I still haven't got "psionic" ability in mid October but that's a blessing in a sense as I tend to abuse psionics a lot. Have just got the more powerful gauss weapons but still trying to work out how to get the laboratory research topic started.

Offline eatthepath

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 15, 2015, 07:22:57 pm »
Yessss it's out time for some fuuuun!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #238 on: June 15, 2015, 10:35:43 pm »
I still haven't got "psionic" ability in mid October but that's a blessing in a sense as I tend to abuse psionics a lot.

No worries. With Piratez Extended, psionics abuse is a thing of the past. Not meaning it got less poweful. Just much more limited, especially in range.

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 16, 2015, 01:09:00 am »
Dioxine - Just a note - You've used the old Helmetless images in the variant folder, not the new ones I sent to you the other day.

I'll attach the correct ones here.  Just unzip and replace.