Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3578193 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] Piratez Extended
« Reply #210 on: June 12, 2015, 12:31:12 am »
Yeah basically, slave first, handheld after the Aye-Phone (+HWD?), but I'll rather use generic slave maid than specifically an explorer - I had a game where I have seen none of those till September...

Another idea of a flying detector is a parrot. Or a bat. A bat sprite I have. Anyone has any good parrot sprite source?

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 12, 2015, 02:59:52 am »
hum.. if Yankes does bring the branch for animated sprites, you could even have a parrot flapping its wings while "hovering".. That'd be pretty cool. Although why a parrot would give you info is beyond me, or is this just as a scout?

Having a dog equivalent scout slave could be interesting too.. Maybe no cc attack (not loyal enough.. or maybe a low-damage stun one to represent a punch). but able to run around and be more expendable that the gals, plus the ability to carry stuff? Like.. Strength 1 (to not throw things? In case you don't think it should) but -30-40 weight.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #212 on: June 12, 2015, 10:52:36 am »
hum.. if Yankes does bring the branch for animated sprites, you could even have a parrot flapping its wings while "hovering"..

Isn't it possible already? *Looks at a Hovertank*

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #213 on: June 12, 2015, 02:17:29 pm »
Biodrone actually if you want this for 1x1 unit. Nothing new is needed code-wise.

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
  • Back in the day it was gameplay not a feature....
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 12, 2015, 03:14:33 pm »
That'd be pretty cool. Although why a parrot would give you info is beyond me, or is this just as a scout?

Why would a slave turn into a superhero by the same reasoning? :P

Its just cool and funny.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 12, 2015, 08:01:04 pm »
hum.. if Yankes does bring the branch for animated sprites, you could even have a parrot flapping its wings while "hovering".. That'd be pretty cool. Although why a parrot would give you info is beyond me, or is this just as a scout?
Right now I only achieved color animation in my old branch :> If you was very determined you could made simple shape change but it would be very painful to do because you would need squeeze two or more graphic in one sprite. In future I could made proper animations to unit and option for overriding unit parts drawing (like what torso use, or maybe have peg-leg).

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 12, 2015, 08:46:00 pm »
Biodrone actually if you want this for 1x1 unit. Nothing new is needed code-wise.
Well.. that animation doesn't work for a parrot though.. You'd need to draw only the parrot body and the beating wings as the animation, but as soon as you rotate the parrot into whichever orientation, the wings are going to be wrong.

Unless you can specify which animation frames to use depending on orientation, but the hovertank/cyberdisc/biodrone drip the same anti-grav goop no matter which way they look, so that doesn't seem possible.

Offline Edrick

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 14, 2015, 01:28:24 pm »
Any news on release date? I'm really really looking forward to it!
Couple things that came to my mind: noticeable lack of robot-y and cyborg-y stuff. As in, we only have Academy Drones, Cyberdisks, tanks (with their hover variants) and Sectopods. And what is a sci-fi game without these?
We urgently need these :D
And Shadow Warrior's gatling shotgun. Please?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 02:05:19 pm by Edrick »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #218 on: June 14, 2015, 05:03:03 pm »
Any news on release date? I'm really really looking forward to it!

About... now. >:]

And Shadow Warrior's gatling shotgun. Please?

Robots, yeah, a total lack of that sort of stuff, eh? There will be more, in time. As for shotguns, not sure man, this game has about 8 types so far, 3 of them automatic, most never used :) Try Arena Flak Cannon - if you want something else still, we can do something about it...

@enemy identifier: not added yet, but not scrapped either.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] Piratez Extended - 0.91 - 14 Jun
« Reply #219 on: June 14, 2015, 06:19:09 pm »
I...something is wrong, the gals have all strange names. Maybe I made a mistake while installing this?!  :o
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 06:27:14 pm by Zharkov »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #220 on: June 14, 2015, 06:50:31 pm »
Like I said, read the install instructions carefully, it's very different than it used to be :) The whole game + mod is provided, minus original ufo files. But if you want to install it the old way (unadvised), make sure to delete the common/soldiername directory. I couldn't get the switchable soldiername functionality to work, Warboy made it too smart for me :)

Offline Edrick

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 14, 2015, 08:00:50 pm »
X-Piratez is awesome, far more than vanilla Piratez (if that's possible).
Being the grammar nazi I am (and with a liberal use of debug mode to read the bootypaedia) I have noticed some minor few mistakes:
- Superslave entry using "und"
- Apple entry saying "udergoes"
- Medicine entry saying "amptly" (not sure about this one. Should it read "aptly" or is it correct and I am a dunce?)
- Mutant Alliance Contact saying "caease"
- Stellar Empire Report 2 saying "telepahically"
Plus, couple questions and requests:
- What do X-section and NV mean?
- Where do you get the awesome bootypaedia pictures (those obviously uncredited and coming from non-XCOM sources)?
Spoiler:
Could you elaborate on the Stellar Empire Report 001? As in, do "Old-type baselines" refer to pureblood humans? Are "Sanctioned" and "Wild" strains referring to controlled and uncontrolled mutant strains? And, if I got it right, are you telling me there are over 13,000 million Deep Ones in the globe? HOLY COW

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 14, 2015, 08:03:40 pm »
BTW to avoid unneeded coping of ufo folder you can rename "UFO" directory in mod, then I will try find it in your system user folder.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #223 on: June 14, 2015, 08:24:27 pm »
X-Piratez is awesome, far more than vanilla Piratez (if that's possible).
Being the grammar nazi I am I have noticed some minor few mistakes:
- Superslave entry using "und"
- Apple entry saying "udergoes"
- Medicine entry saying "amptly" (not sure about this one. Should it read "aptly" or is it correct and I am a dunce?)
- Mutant Alliance Contact saying "caease"
- Stellar Empire Report 2 saying "telepahically"
Plus, couple questions and requests:
- What do X-section and NV mean?
- Where do you get the awesome bootypaedia pictures (those obviously uncredited and coming from non-XCOM sources)?

Thanks for the word check! Correcting those. Except: Und is intentional. Not amptly or aptly, but the correct word was AMPLY :)

X-Section is Cross-section, how big of a target you are. Maybe not too smartly named. NV means Night Vision but this is explained in the "Our Abilities" article. The amount of space below the armor paperdoll in the Pedia entry is so tiny, either you use this garbled machine code or the full description won't fit...

As for your question, I can answer you openly. Yes, you assume logically, but I won't elaborate - you have this transmission, you don't know how they are thinking or what the hell they mean. They are who they are. The numbers are correct but notice that they do not differentiate by exact race - they could be talking about the whole sentient population of that place, not just that single species.

Offline Edrick

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 14, 2015, 08:30:25 pm »
As for your question, I can answer you openly. Yes, you assume logically, but I won't elaborate - you have this transmission, you don't know how they are thinking or what the hell they mean. They are who they are. The numbers are correct but notice that they do not differentiate by exact race - they could be talking about the whole sentient population of that place, not just that single species.

Spoiler:
Does that mean TFTD Piratez? :D A campaign in the year 2615, in which the Supreme Cap'n of the Solar System, after destroying the Solar Governor and sitting in unimaginable wealth and resources is hellbent in exterminating the almost 14.000 million deep-sea dwellers? Returning to the old days of military tech and research methods, as most weapons are not designed for underwater use ("plasma weapons make at first fuzzy sounds when shot underwater and have a tendency to blow up", for example)  With moar piratey jargon and tech than ever? :)

Oh, and could we get flavour bootypaedia pics for the different countries? (maybe in separate entries, as the text would cover the whole page?).
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 10:11:38 pm by Edrick »