aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3689518 times)

Offline yuriski

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle
« Reply #8955 on: February 16, 2024, 08:46:41 pm »
Ok, so 2 (somewhat weird questions):

1. Can factions just...disappear? I still need Guild Engineering, but for 3 months straight now I haven't seen any mission with guild people.

2. Does the "Wasteland Priestess" event "chain" need a voodoo school in your first base? Or something else really? I had her visit me a few times, but in the ingame techviewer the "Wasteland Priestess" needed for "Seek out the Desert Witch" is still red.

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8956 on: February 17, 2024, 03:51:41 pm »
1. Can factions just...disappear? I still need Guild Engineering, but for 3 months straight now I haven't seen any mission with guild people.
Random being random, different playthroughs get wastly different faction appearances for me. I've had a game where I've got so many reticulans that I didn't care about weapon for a while due to unlimited laser supply. I've had a game which stuck for almost a year without the academy.  Another was "oops, it's all raiders". 3 months isn't much.
If you want a guild engineer, try to get Comms tower mission. And expand radar coverage for extractors.

Offline yuriski

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8957 on: February 18, 2024, 05:39:20 pm »
2. Does the "Wasteland Priestess" event "chain" need a voodoo school in your first base? Or something else really? I had her visit me a few times, but in the ingame techviewer the "Wasteland Priestess" needed for "Seek out the Desert Witch" is still red.

I think I wasn't quite clear with what exactly my question/problem is: I had both the "Wasteland Priestess" and "Wasteland Sorceress" events happen multiple times, but never got anything further, or any new research. So do I need to put a voodoo school in my first base, or is it maybe because I changed difficulty midgame?

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8958 on: February 19, 2024, 10:16:10 pm »
You didn't delete "prophecy" string, which blocks further advancement. This save should work

Offline yuriski

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8959 on: February 20, 2024, 12:37:06 am »
You didn't delete "prophecy" string, which blocks further advancement. This save should work

Thanks. Weird, I know I deleted the "Thread of Prophecy severed" string when I changed difficulty. And now I just gotta wait for the event again?

Offline Gnelf88

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8960 on: February 21, 2024, 10:44:29 pm »
Apologies if this has already been shown somewhere. Is there a way (through save files or otherwise) to see what you need to promote a soldier? I feel like some of my gals have done hundreds of missions, hundreds of kills and are still Boss level while others can become mistress.

I remember there being a thing where you need 1 x rank for 4 y rank, but what about male soldiers? Not one has a promotion higher than free soldier.

Offline yuriski

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8961 on: February 22, 2024, 02:22:54 am »
Apologies if this has already been shown somewhere. Is there a way (through save files or otherwise) to see what you need to promote a soldier? I feel like some of my gals have done hundreds of missions, hundreds of kills and are still Boss level while others can become mistress.

I remember there being a thing where you need 1 x rank for 4 y rank, but what about male soldiers? Not one has a promotion higher than free soldier.

This is what I found on xpedia: https://xpedia.netlify.app/##STR_PINUP_099

Though it doesn't say how MUCH you need for each rank.

Offline kelltozet

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8962 on: February 22, 2024, 03:18:28 am »
Is there a way (through save files or otherwise) to see what you need to promote a soldier?
https://xpedia.netlify.app/##STR_LOOT_DISTRIBUTION
One Boss per 4 Gals, one Mistress per 3 Bosses, one Princess per 2 Mistresses. One Queen per 69 total crew and never more than one. So say we, the crew.
For other units, the ranks are distributed the same way, just the names are different.

Offline yuriski

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8963 on: February 24, 2024, 12:46:22 am »
Ok, I give up. Even with the help and deleting the "Thread of Destiny is severed" string again, both 'Wasteland Priestess' and 'Wasteland Sorceress' stay red in the ingame techviewer (as if they were blocked) and I don't get the research when the visit.

Is it possible to manually add that research to my save? And if, how do I do it?

Offline zombieguy223

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8964 on: February 24, 2024, 04:56:37 am »
Ok, I give up. Even with the help and deleting the "Thread of Destiny is severed" string again, both 'Wasteland Priestess' and 'Wasteland Sorceress' stay red in the ingame techviewer (as if they were blocked) and I don't get the research when the visit.

Is it possible to manually add that research to my save? And if, how do I do it?
You likely missed changing the researchRuleStatus in the save. When a research topic is disabled, it's marked in that section of the save as STR_X: 2.

So you should be able to fix it by searching for the following in that section of the save:
Code: [Select]
  STR_WASTELAND_PRIESTESS: 2
  STR_WASTELAND_SORCERESS: 2
And changing the 2's into 1's. That will re-enable the topics and allow you to actually unlock them.

There's a few ways to manually add research to a save.
The method I would recommend is to add two new research projects (any which don't require/destroy an inventory item) at one of your bases, preferably one that has no other active projects, then saving the game.
Then you can go the that base's entry in the savegame, scroll down to the research: section (underneath the items) and edit the project name of those two new entries to STR_WASTELAND_PRIESTESS and STR_WASTELAND_SORCERESS, and set the cost to 0. Then at the next new day in game, the projects will complete and those subjects should be unlocked and active in-game.

Offline shinr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8965 on: February 24, 2024, 11:04:05 am »
It is for reasons like this I simply just don't bother with mid-game upgrading and just start over.

Offline yuriski

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8966 on: February 24, 2024, 01:22:28 pm »
You likely missed changing the researchRuleStatus in the save. When a research topic is disabled, it's marked in that section of the save as STR_X: 2.

So you should be able to fix it by searching for the following in that section of the save:
Code: [Select]
  STR_WASTELAND_PRIESTESS: 2
  STR_WASTELAND_SORCERESS: 2
And changing the 2's into 1's. That will re-enable the topics and allow you to actually unlock them.

There's a few ways to manually add research to a save.
The method I would recommend is to add two new research projects (any which don't require/destroy an inventory item) at one of your bases, preferably one that has no other active projects, then saving the game.
Then you can go the that base's entry in the savegame, scroll down to the research: section (underneath the items) and edit the project name of those two new entries to STR_WASTELAND_PRIESTESS and STR_WASTELAND_SORCERESS, and set the cost to 0. Then at the next new day in game, the projects will complete and those subjects should be unlocked and active in-game.

Thank you!! Finally someone able to tell me what the problem was!

Offline Benjamen86

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8967 on: February 27, 2024, 06:38:49 pm »
I love the mod but the infamy system has always confused me. I've been playing off and on for 3 or so years now and have never made it past November because keeping my infamy positive seemed almost random. I feel like I'd have a mediocre month only to be in the 2000 range, and then I'd feel like I had a great month to be at like 200 at best. What am I generally supposed to be doing to keep my infamy up? I make capture a big priority and only kill enemies if my hands are in danger or I'm going for shock and awe.

Also side question: The temple raids always seem to screw me, so I'm pretty sure I'm doing them wrong. I either get a near-wipe or negative infamy from them.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #8968 on: February 27, 2024, 08:34:58 pm »
I love the mod but the infamy system has always confused me. I've been playing off and on for 3 or so years now and have never made it past November because keeping my infamy positive seemed almost random. I feel like I'd have a mediocre month only to be in the 2000 range, and then I'd feel like I had a great month to be at like 200 at best. What am I generally supposed to be doing to keep my infamy up? I make capture a big priority and only kill enemies if my hands are in danger or I'm going for shock and awe.

This topic comes back quite often. It is also very broad, so I won't try to really cover it here fully. Just two remarks:
1) Unlock as many missions as you can. This means unlocking them by research, but to a small degree also covering the planet with radars (for more shipping opportunities). Missions give you most of your money and score, so it's really important to participate, especially in easy ones. Bounty Hunting is crucial here.
2) Difficulty level matters a lot. Struggling on Jack Sparrow is not the same as struggling on a Blackbeard. Not knowing which level you play at makes it harder to answer.

Also side question: The temple raids always seem to screw me, so I'm pretty sure I'm doing them wrong. I either get a near-wipe or negative infamy from them.

Hard to speak without any concrete data, but my guess is either too little or too much aggression. Maybe you camp and the priest gets to you (he and the zealots are very hard to break by morale), or maybe you just overextend yourself and allow your gals to become isolated and defenseless.
It's not the easiest mission, but it's not difficult either, and definitely not a place where you should lose people on a daily basis.

Offline Benjamen86

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8969 on: February 27, 2024, 09:00:18 pm »
This topic comes back quite often. It is also very broad, so I won't try to really cover it here fully. Just two remarks:
1) Unlock as many missions as you can. This means unlocking them by research, but to a small degree also covering the planet with radars (for more shipping opportunities). Missions give you most of your money and score, so it's really important to participate, especially in easy ones. Bounty Hunting is crucial here.
2) Difficulty level matters a lot. Struggling on Jack Sparrow is not the same as struggling on a Blackbeard. Not knowing which level you play at makes it harder to answer.

Hard to speak without any concrete data, but my guess is either too little or too much aggression. Maybe you camp and the priest gets to you (he and the zealots are very hard to break by morale), or maybe you just overextend yourself and allow your gals to become isolated and defenseless.
It's not the easiest mission, but it's not difficult either, and definitely not a place where you should lose people on a daily basis.

Thanks for the reply! I play on Blackbeard. Yeah I noticed that bounty hunting always gave me quite a bit of infamy. The only bounty hunting mission that I don't understand is the one where you have to destroy the red barn. I always just land and blow up/ shoot up the red barn and leave without hurting the guy but my score is 0. I have started just skipping this mission when it comes up.