Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610060 times)

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - v.N3 20-Dec-2022 Clear Skies
« Reply #8685 on: January 20, 2023, 03:34:00 pm »
So, I would like to ask a couple of questions:

- How do I get Guildmaster's Secrets? I managed to research a Guildmaster but it apparently does not unlock Guildmaster's Secrets.
- How do I get Voodoo Initiation?

The first is bugged right now, I think the solution is in the Bugs reports thread.

Offline Lone Wolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8686 on: February 08, 2023, 04:14:54 am »
Hello everyone, I am a new player looking to start my first game of XPiratez and I had a few questions to ask if anyone is willing?

1. Is there an wiki website anywhere?  I've read the one on UFOpedia, but I get the feeling that's not what people mean when they say 'go read the Bootypedia'.  Can anyone provide a link if so?  I'm hoping for a wiki equivalent with as much detail as there is for the xfiles one.   

2. Is there any real benefit to choosing Male touch over Gals are superior?  I know everyone says the Gals are better by far, but I like the idea of having a mix of both regular humans and mutants as well as boys and gals.  Should I just stick with Gals are superior for my first run?  Also, if you choose Gals can you not recruit men, or if you choose Male touch can you not recruit women?  I'm not too clear on how it works. 

3. Are there any Submods that I should install or are heavily recommended by you guys? 

3a.  I also saw on the UFOpedia version that there's a 'naughty' submod?  The heck is that about and why should I install?  Does it even add any meaningful content?

Offline zombieguy223

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8687 on: February 08, 2023, 05:30:06 am »
Hello everyone, I am a new player looking to start my first game of XPiratez and I had a few questions to ask if anyone is willing?

1. Is there an wiki website anywhere?  I've read the one on UFOpedia, but I get the feeling that's not what people mean when they say 'go read the Bootypedia'.  Can anyone provide a link if so?  I'm hoping for a wiki equivalent with as much detail as there is for the xfiles one.
For the wiki, there's been a few over the years. The current most updated/functional is this one: https://baturinsky.com/xpedia/
Or you can use the local version included in the most current downloads of XPiratez, which is found in the xpedia2 folder in the install directory. That one can be useful if the online version hasn't been updated to the most recent patches. Read through the README.md file in that folder to know how to use it.  I believe the online version is currently on N3.0, if that's important.

Also, posting this here for awareness/answer to a previous question:
The first is bugged right now, I think the solution is in the Bugs reports thread.

If you are deep enough into the lategame for VIP interrogations and don't want to wait for a patch, here's how to fix it.

Get your favorite text editor and open up (starting from your OpenXCOM folder) user\mods\Piratez\Ruleset\Piratez.rul

To fix the academy provost, look for an entry that looks like this:
  - name: STR_SECTOID_COMMANDER
    cost: 35
    needItem: true
    destroyItem: true

To the getOneFreeProtected section, add the following lines:
      STR_INTERROGATION:
        - STR_ACADEMY_COM_KNOWHOW

For the guldmaster:

Look for this:

- name: STR_GUILD_COMMANDER
    cost: 35
    needItem: true
    destroyItem: true

This one doesn't have a getOneFreeProtected section, so you need to add one yourself. Just below
    getOneFree:
      - STR_FISTY
Add this:
    getOneFreeProtected:
      STR_INTERROGATION:
        - STR_TRADERS_COM_KNOWHOW

Careful with editing that file, make a backup first, don't use any tab-indentations, only spaces. If you tamper with it improperly, OpenXCOM will give you an error message if you start it.

And in case you're wondering why the academy provost is called Sectoid Commander in code, let's just say this mod used to be a palette swap that just replaced X-Com weapons with pirate-y counterparts. It's come a long way since, but some of internal references still call academicians sectoids, traders floaters and church snakemen.

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8688 on: February 08, 2023, 10:16:28 am »
1. Is there an wiki website anywhere?
As zombieguy223 said, the best option you have right now is https://baturinsky.com/xpedia/, but this is by no mean a wiki. It is fully unlocked in-game Xpedia on steroids with searching. As far as I know there is no such thing as wiki for XPiratez and there is no need for that because game itself is (mostly) very good at self explaining. As long as you adhere to the main rule: READ OR DIE!

2. Is there any real benefit to choosing Male touch over Gals are superior?
Don't think about that too much. There will be no shortages in gals to recruit and men to enslave in any case.

3. Are there any Submods that I should install or are heavily recommended by you guys?
No. I only heard about XPiratez Extended, but once you realize how huge XPiratez mod is you would definitely not want to extend it any further...

3a.  I also saw on the UFOpedia version that there's a 'naughty' submod?  The heck is that about and why should I install?  Does it even add any meaningful content?
Also have no idea. And don't trust too much UFOpedia at all. There are lot of outdate stuff or outright misleading. Looks like there is not enough enthusiasm to support that place any more.

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8689 on: February 08, 2023, 01:35:19 pm »
2. Is there any real benefit to choosing Male touch over Gals are superior?  I know everyone says the Gals are better by far, but I like the idea of having a mix of both regular humans and mutants as well as boys and gals.  Should I just stick with Gals are superior for my first run?  Also, if you choose Gals can you not recruit men, or if you choose Male touch can you not recruit women?  I'm not too clear on how it works. 
tl&dr: stick with gals.
long version:
there are 3 paths now, gals, males, peasant revolution.
You are able to recruit every soldier type on every path, but:
-on gal path:
    You will not have early spacious transport options to throw cannon fodder at the enemy. Recruiting males would take some time into the game (I think you need mess hall for the prerequisite research, so at least 2+ months into the game)
- on male&peasant path:
    You get big and slow transport for cannon fodder. Recruiting gals would take a while (and they would be more expensive, you will be able to recruit veterans from the shop)
    these paths get some transformations to make chosen path units better, but not beyond their cap, which is still worse than gals.
Every path would be able to get
ubergals from recruiting castaway gal prisoner and young uber (common reward on missions with civilian mutants). I think in my latest completed game I've got around a hundred of them combined.
veteran gals from glamour recruitment (rather expensive, tbh)
catgirls,
freaks, ubergal subtype (tied to bounty hunting reward from jack)
bugeyes from mutant alliance
peasants
lokknars
males
ogres
syn
gnomes
I think I'm missing some obscure things, like Destructoid (red codex exclusive unit) and voodoo related units( resurrected shadows, Chorts)
So, yeah, don't worry, your roster would be very diverse

speaking of codex, there are two more big choices:
1. Codex. 5 types, reject power (challenging)/ accept power (4 colors). I would recommend red (gives good early armor, and the best lategame melee weapon) or gray (gives lategame psi) for the first playthrough
2. Captain's character. I would recommend to not choose jackass (generates additional base assaults, which are pain in the ass). I'd say, soreass would be decent for the first try.

Offline Lone Wolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8690 on: February 09, 2023, 06:42:16 am »
Thank you all for the advice and a special thanks to Gremlion for your detailed explanation on question 2!  I didn't know about the peasant revolution option...sounds interesting.  How is this different from male touch though?  Is it just cheaper cannon fodder?   Also I didn't know about the fifth option for Codex...I take it that 'rejecting power' is not choosing any codex?  Is it even possible to beat the game this way?

It's also good to know about the UFOpedia thing since I had found it to be pretty reliable in the past for the later XCOM games that came out like 1 and 2.  Their wiki sections on those games for the Long War mods were also very good.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised though since not that many people play UFO Defense/Openxcom and any of its megamods when compared to the more recent games.  I'll check out the baturinsky link, and of course, I will read the in game version.  I would prefer not to die... ;)

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8691 on: February 09, 2023, 08:27:32 am »
The game is designed to be beat without a codex, including an alternate craft to get to Cydonia.

HOWEVER, as far as I am aware, no one has yet done it.

Peasant revolution is probably the easiest path, though not the most straightforward. Compared to male touch, Peasant path gets a larger, more defensible unique craft, as well as a HQ with a very unique radar function (has global range with 5% detection chance), which changes how the game is played.

Offline Lone Wolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8692 on: February 10, 2023, 07:25:07 am »
Peasant revolution is probably the easiest path

Interesting.  I will probably play Peasant revolution on my second or third run. 

The game is designed to be beat without a codex, including an alternate craft to get to Cydonia.

Well...maybe I will try a run without it in the (most likely far, far) future. 

Offline Azoth

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8693 on: February 11, 2023, 05:59:14 pm »
Hi, I have upgraded to latest version while already fighting ninjas, and start getting missions with Lokk'Naars and Reaper Cavalry instead of ninjas. Will ninjas reappear eventually or I need edit savefiles somehow?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N4 17-Feb-2023 First Ending
« Reply #8694 on: February 17, 2023, 01:24:13 pm »
New version is up!

Enjoy:
The major rework of Cydonia (by Kato & frens) which took 2 years to make!
The actual official outro!
The final battle with Humanists (in Dr. X arc), and some ancient mysteries unraveled!
Other than that, of course, many upgrades and additions, most noticeably increased map variety. Saves compatible, but be sure to get rid of all Looted Cyberdiscs before updating, and prepare for the inevitable research rollercoaster :)

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8695 on: February 17, 2023, 04:51:47 pm »
Hooray! :)

Gonna test it.

Offline _Brain322

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8696 on: February 17, 2023, 09:57:07 pm »
This ending outro was really cool ! Especially the train cutscenee

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #8697 on: February 22, 2023, 01:35:34 pm »
Uploaded patch for N4.

v.N4.0.2
- New Training: Pariah (No Codex only)
- New Gfx: Update of Snow/Dead Mountains and Plains by Mikkoi
- Drakkar upgraded to be compatible with all space missions & gal party
- Scavenger armor now unlockable also via Wasteland Girl (ie. no longer Revolution exclusive)
- minor fixes

v.N4.0.1
- Fix: included new Cydonia music and RUS patches

Offline Vengos

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8698 on: February 24, 2023, 01:26:21 am »
Is there up to date Bootypedia? the one i found are running version N3.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8699 on: February 24, 2023, 11:47:20 pm »
The une packed with the game is uptodate