aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3612392 times)

Offline Interdictor

• Sergeant
  • AC-Incendiary! Let autocannon burn again!
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N1 29-Apr-2022 Every Day Is Caturday
« Reply #8460 on: May 18, 2022, 09:46:33 pm »
Hey quick question, is there like an artistic or otherwise explanation for why the namelist for humans has the hard n-word in the list of surnames? Thanks

Outrageous. If this true I demand at least latinos and jews represented correspondingly. Maintaining equality and diversity does matter.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8461 on: May 19, 2022, 01:50:30 pm »
Hey quick question, is there like an artistic or otherwise explanation for why the namelist for humans has the hard n-word in the list of surnames? Thanks

Hey quick question, is there like an artistic or otherwise explanation for why the list of countries on the real earth has the hard n-word in at least three countries? Thanks

It is the French/Italian/Spanish, etc word for black. Is the surname of actor Jack Black racist too?

Here is a link to the Niger (surname) family history. https://www.houseofnames.com/niger-family-crest
This is older than the black slave trade.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #8462 on: May 19, 2022, 02:39:43 pm »

Every surname from this list is real. Such name did/does exist, there were people carrying it - well, there is even a country with this name.

Offline BMANH

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8463 on: May 19, 2022, 05:45:37 pm »
Outrageous. If this true I demand at least latinos and jews represented correspondingly. Maintaining equality and diversity does matter.

Hey quick question, is there like an artistic or otherwise explanation for why the list of countries on the real earth has the hard n-word in at least three countries? Thanks

It is the French/Italian/Spanish, etc word for black. Is the surname of actor Jack Black racist too?

Here is a link to the Niger (surname) family history. https://www.houseofnames.com/niger-family-crest
This is older than the black slave trade.

Every surname from this list is real. Such name did/does exist, there were people carrying it - well, there is even a country with this name.

Yeah, so, you just casually threw in the extra 'g'? No biggie, right? It's the far future in-universe, language gets muddled, right?

Is the surname 'faggot' in there too for historical accuracy?

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8464 on: May 19, 2022, 06:02:40 pm »
Yeah, so, you just casually threw in the extra 'g'? No biggie, right? It's the far future in-universe, language gets muddled, right?

Is the surname 'faggot' in there too for historical accuracy?

That surname is a real one too, but I will leave googling to you.

Pff, should I complain that the completely normal Chinese and Korean surname Hui means penis in my language, too?
I will not even bother to explain what South African Putko Mafani's name means.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #8465 on: May 19, 2022, 08:21:24 pm »
Hey it's just a cool name, that's the whole real reason. As for the correct or wrong number of "g's" English isn't my native language, also it is itself loose in such matters, there's at least 2-3 different pronounciations for most of the "English" (often taken from other languages) names. Besides I hardly find myself caring that much about what some oversensitive American thinks considering my country can get bombed and/or invaded by Russia before this year is over, and I'll be in the trenches.

@Interdictor:
Hey, Jewish names and surnames are widely represented. Latino-less so, agreed.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 08:29:57 pm by Dioxine »

Offline BMANH

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8466 on: May 19, 2022, 09:13:55 pm »
Hey it's just a cool name, that's the whole real reason. As for the correct or wrong number of "g's" English isn't my native language, also it is itself loose in such matters, there's at least 2-3 different pronounciations for most of the "English" (often taken from other languages) names. Besides I hardly find myself caring that much about what some oversensitive American thinks considering my country can get bombed and/or invaded by Russia before this year is over, and I'll be in the trenches.

@Interdictor:
Hey, Jewish names and surnames are widely represented. Latino-less so, agreed.

Ah, my mistake, I guess I'm the uncultured one. I'm sure they're very cool for everyone involved and I hope they keep you warm in those trenches you mentioned.

Loved the mod otherwise, keep up the great work!  ;)

Offline TheFluffy

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8467 on: May 22, 2022, 07:56:03 am »
is it a scripted thing to lose a nation to star gods forcing zero tolerance before end of first year or did I cause it to happen by cheekily shooting one dead then running away on a ship that had them as crew? it's amazingly frustrating to lose a nation when I never had that happen pre ninja revamp and it happened twice between two playthoughs now.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8468 on: May 22, 2022, 04:50:06 pm »
It is npt scripted, It's random.

Offline TheFluffy

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8469 on: May 22, 2022, 05:13:34 pm »
It is npt scripted, It's random.

ah I thought it was like the april ninja base spawn since again, last time I played this far on a slightly older version I lost hidden expanse in the same way (stargod sway gov mission)

anyway, is it preventable in any possible way or is it just unavoidable? I want to know if it's a result of bad play or if it's truly random and thus there is a hidden timer to get zero tolerance to zero tolerance before it's too late.  I blame firaxiscom for teaching me that a nation leaving is totally avoidable and thus the player's fault. :/

Offline Warzameg

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8470 on: May 23, 2022, 12:08:53 pm »
There is a chance to stop the mission if you shoot down the early craft, but once the final wave appears, it's too late.  At that point, the best you can do is assault them while they're landed and carry off their loot.  Just one of the large or very large ships will earn you more than the swayed coutnry would have paid you all game, and you get it up front...

Offline TheFluffy

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8471 on: May 23, 2022, 05:53:48 pm »
There is a chance to stop the mission if you shoot down the early craft, but once the final wave appears, it's too late.  At that point, the best you can do is assault them while they're landed and carry off their loot.  Just one of the large or very large ships will earn you more than the swayed coutnry would have paid you all game, and you get it up front...

fair enough, just it IS the first year so fighting stargods or rather the sectopods is a bit much to ask for even if save scumming to a grindy degree. :P

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8472 on: May 24, 2022, 03:00:38 pm »
Also don't overly worry about it. While in the first few months funding is a decent chunk of your budget (33% or so), by the end of Y1, it should be less than 10% of your monthly income, and a single country might well be a rounding error.

It hurts the ego, though.

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8473 on: May 24, 2022, 10:32:25 pm »
if you crack open piratez.rul and start modding the game files you can change the SMALL_RADAR_SYSTEM in the starting base to a HYPER_WAVE_DECODER. having a Hyperwave from gamestart allows you to see that, while usually the first few months have civilian traffic or academy airbus/ambulance or the occasional harvester or scout passenger hopper...sometimes it's a Heavy Funship full of Mercenaries
that early on, there is literally nothing you have access to that can even break their shields/armor, nevermind damage them enough to stun/kill. only thing you can do at that point is let them fly around unmolested, let them land and do their merc stuff. can't stop them, will only get killed if you try.

this, too, is xcom xpiratez
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 10:34:21 pm by Psyentific »

Offline TheFluffy

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8474 on: May 25, 2022, 08:38:52 am »
...and then I got both of the puma sisters joining me and free suit of peacekeeper armor, leading me to think game is bipolar or like trying to balance out the insane good luck of getting two hero catgirls and a ridiculous rocket spam armor by slapping me ahead of time with a early loss of nation and building of stargod base. ??? not that I am complaining mind you  :P
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 08:41:13 am by TheFluffy »