Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3666761 times)

Offline Earthquake

• Captain
  • Glory to Ukraine!
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N1 29-Apr-2022 Every Day Is Caturday
« Reply #8475 on: May 25, 2022, 06:46:04 pm »
if you crack open piratez.rul and start modding the game files you can change the SMALL_RADAR_SYSTEM in the starting base to a HYPER_WAVE_DECODER. having a Hyperwave from gamestart allows you to see that, while usually the first few months have civilian traffic or academy airbus/ambulance or the occasional harvester or scout passenger hopper...sometimes it's a Heavy Funship full of Mercenaries
that early on, there is literally nothing you have access to that can even break their shields/armor, nevermind damage them enough to stun/kill. only thing you can do at that point is let them fly around unmolested, let them land and do their merc stuff. can't stop them, will only get killed if you try.

this, too, is xcom xpiratez

And don't forget to cheat some money, because you will get terrifying bills in first month))

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8476 on: May 26, 2022, 11:02:50 am »
Just for one HWD? Not really.

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8477 on: May 27, 2022, 09:17:11 pm »
And don't forget to cheat some money, because you will get terrifying bills in first month))
no, never cheat money. that makes the game less fun.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8478 on: May 29, 2022, 12:26:56 pm »
Money should not be an issue until you start selling X-grog and latter on chatteus from apples and sectoweeds,unless you are having a lot of losses or have to build a lot in hideouts.

Offline TheFluffy

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8479 on: May 30, 2022, 11:15:32 pm »
Money should not be an issue until you start selling X-grog and latter on chatteus from apples and sectoweeds,unless you are having a lot of losses or have to build a lot in hideouts.

I've only ever lost one base and that's because I found out the hard way about the new zombie army attacks :P

Offline Earthquake

• Captain
  • Glory to Ukraine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8480 on: June 01, 2022, 09:43:11 pm »
Is it time to update? :)

Offline zhorov

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8481 on: June 08, 2022, 04:23:52 pm »
Hail.

Hello, I played your mod a year ago, now I'm thinking of starting again. Is it possible to somehow add a Zephyr serum to the x-files mod that gives an TU? Can I somehow add it here? Maybe some kind of sub mod? I really liked it, I would like to wear it in your mod.

Offline zhorov

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8482 on: June 08, 2022, 04:46:08 pm »
I also want power armor like in fallout.

Offline Apocca

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N1 29-Apr-2022 Every Day Is Caturday
« Reply #8483 on: June 17, 2022, 11:29:25 am »
Played the L3 version and finished the game. Came back and now going to play the N1 version.
Here we go again, I'm excited to see all the new updates! :D

Offline nicedayright

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8484 on: June 24, 2022, 08:09:30 am »
While obsessively optimizing my early game I discovered an interaction I'd never noticed before.

When counting mission participation for xp gain, just making a reaction check is enough to flag a gal for advancement, even if the action did not resolve. For example: an enemy unit walks into melee range of multiple gals with tu's left for reaction. Even if the first gal to swing downs the target, all the other gals also gained xp despite spending no TU's and landing no attacks.

Been taking advantage of that when I'm trying to make sure every gal on the mission gets to improve even if there's not enough enemies to go around. 

Offline Earthquake

• Captain
  • Glory to Ukraine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8485 on: June 24, 2022, 05:49:04 pm »
While obsessively optimizing my early game I discovered an interaction I'd never noticed before.

When counting mission participation for xp gain, just making a reaction check is enough to flag a gal for advancement, even if the action did not resolve. For example: an enemy unit walks into melee range of multiple gals with tu's left for reaction. Even if the first gal to swing downs the target, all the other gals also gained xp despite spending no TU's and landing no attacks.

Been taking advantage of that when I'm trying to make sure every gal on the mission gets to improve even if there's not enough enemies to go around.

Yep, I noticed it too, similar bug(?) with primitive bows.

Offline nicedayright

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8486 on: June 26, 2022, 12:14:30 am »
Doesn't seem like a bug so much as a feature of the engine. I'm guessing successfully all reaction checks for a given movement are resolved *before* any of the attacks from those reaction checks are assigned. So all the gals that would have swung get credit for reactions training even if they never got the chance.

There was a successful reactions check there, so it seems legit for the purpose of training.

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8487 on: June 30, 2022, 02:43:53 pm »
It's too easy to abuse the HYENA RIDER armor to recover freshness. You put a gal with 0 freshness in the armor, use smokes through the mission until your freshness is full. At the end of the mission only a small amount of freshness would be consumed to recover the lost hp.

How to prevent this abuse? I suggest to modify the recovery script. If freshness at the end of the mission is higher than at the start, then freshness should be set to what it was at the start.
For instance, I start a mission with 10 freshness and end mission with 70 freshness (because I smoked 20 times). Normally, to recover 20 lost hp, the script would consume 5 freshness, and you would end with 65 freshness. But with the change, the script would check if 65 is greater than 10. And since it's greater, the script would set freshness to 10 instead of 65, because 10 is what you started with.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8488 on: June 30, 2022, 05:09:03 pm »
That breaks other methods of regaining freshness that are intended, such as pillow books.

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8489 on: June 30, 2022, 06:22:15 pm »
That breaks other methods of regaining freshness that are intended, such as pillow books.

No, because the script would only apply to hyena rider (armors with MISSION_END_FULL_REGENERATION).