Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610391 times)

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - L10 18-Jul-2021 Old Earth Blues
« Reply #8145 on: July 20, 2021, 03:53:48 pm »
Re: Spin The Wheel costs tokens now

Muton merc hammers down "NO FUN ALLOWED" sign, with hovertanks flying in the background.

Offline Dogbarian

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8146 on: July 20, 2021, 09:14:16 pm »
Dang, too bad I redeemed the last of my expensive coupons recently (which cost me most of my saved Jack tokens). Oh well, next run through maybe (who am I kidding about when that will ever happen?).

Offline Barleyman

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8147 on: July 21, 2021, 12:32:01 am »
Recruiting Freak Gals needs 2k prize from Jack now? Kind of weird as I actually have one as a guest (in prison) and the recruiting shows as a valid manufacturing option but there's no start project button

Offline Earthquake

• Captain
  • Glory to Ukraine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8148 on: July 21, 2021, 01:02:43 am »
Recruiting Freak Gals needs 2k prize from Jack now? Kind of weird as I actually have one as a guest (in prison) and the recruiting shows as a valid manufacturing option but there's no start project button

Check free space for crew.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #8149 on: July 21, 2021, 01:31:04 am »
Important: the L10 version contained some nasty game-crashing bugs. They have been fixed by now. Please redownload.

Offline Barleyman

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8150 on: July 21, 2021, 02:31:54 pm »
Check free space for crew.

Right you are, my bad. I guess the 2k prize is for being able to recruit freaks directly on black market.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8151 on: July 25, 2021, 06:41:18 pm »
I took the Bounty Hunting Challenge for uncle jack and found my Tiger Tank remarkably easy to kill. The thing is I didn't expect all those other mobs to be around and got caught a little off guard since most of my hands had Adv. Rocket Launcher and had to pull pistols to deal with them.

Based on descriptions this is probably the easiest of the 3 bounty hunting challenges since the other two seem to vividly emasculate you in some way. Then again I think this BH challenge has been around for a long time before the introduction of Anti-Tank Rockets for the standard high gauge RL. I think it took 2 shots and I was like "Hmmm" since 2 gals with Assassin jumped out and spiked it then started taking reaction fire from the mobs.

(ohhh what are you doing to our poor tank! blam blam we'll get you for that!)

I was expecting the tank to actually return fire (?) but I guess its reactions are low enough that the first shot didnt trigger it. I can only imagine how much damage it could've done, but it just sat there.

Also I apparently got 2 Battle Tokens instead of 1.
The explosion on the tank looks absolutely spectacular too but ironically is rather limited.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8152 on: July 26, 2021, 12:36:09 am »
"Article Item"-screen recolor.
+ Subdued bright background graphics, so it doesn't strain the eyes.
+ Reformatted parts: moved borders out of the way of text and ammo, items, etc..
+ Easier to read text color  selected
Install:
Spoiler:
Back up first this file:
..\XPiratez\user\mods\Piratez\Resources\Backgrounds\EQP_Brown2X4.gif
Then replace it with the attached GIF.

New colors for the button and text:
In this file:
..\XPiratez\user\mods\Piratez\Ruleset\Piratez.rul
look for the bolded text  to find this section
Only the underlined numbers need to be changed.

- type: articleItem
    elements:
      - id: button
        color: 133  # aye, prev, next, anal,
      - id: text
        color: 135  # 135

New palette cannot be activated:

Unfortunately the engine doesn't react to / detects new palette definition:  (probably some kind of palette limit reached / buffer full etc..)

I took care to only try to select palettes, which are defined in Recolr.rul. But it doesn't work. :(

- type: articleItem
    palette: PAL_MAGMA
    elements:
      - id: button

This text color and its palette for example would be excellent for the article item screen:

« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 12:52:01 am by mercy »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8153 on: July 26, 2021, 10:27:44 am »
Unfortunately the engine doesn't react to / detects new palette definition:  (probably some kind of palette limit reached / buffer full etc..)

Custom palettes are not supported for this type of article.
It must be PAL_BATTLEPEDIA, otherwise the weapons/ammo/items would not be rendered correctly.

More info here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4957.0.html

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8154 on: July 26, 2021, 11:48:36 am »
Custom palettes are not supported for this type of article.
It must be PAL_BATTLEPEDIA, otherwise the weapons/ammo/items would not be rendered correctly.

More info here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4957.0.html
Thank You for the info.
Since this screen contains lots of key tactical data on weapons & tools - frequently re-read -, it would make sense to display it as excellently as on crafts screens.  For example this problem could be solved with still using the same pallette but coding in an extra feature allowing to select the main font color and its outline separately by putting in just an extra color_outline parameter into the article item section. I would instantly chose a brighter main font color and a darker outline color from the same palette, to make the text pop beautifully. There are enough colors for this on PAL_BATTLEPEDIA.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8155 on: July 26, 2021, 12:36:39 pm »
That's not how text color works in OpenXcom though.
Text color attribute defines a range of 5 colors, all 5 of which are used. 1 main + 4 outline colors.

For example color attribute 239 means a color range of 240-244 (242 is the main color and the other 4 colors are light and dark outlines... or something like that).

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8156 on: July 27, 2021, 11:55:54 am »
That's not how text color works in OpenXcom though.
Text color attribute defines a range of 5 colors, all 5 of which are used. 1 main + 4 outline colors.

For example color attribute 239 means a color range of 240-244 (242 is the main color and the other 4 colors are light and dark outlines... or something like that).
This post of yours solved the problem. Now fonts are super sharp and the article-item screen is easier to read. Thank You!
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=1713.msg76884#msg76884

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8157 on: August 01, 2021, 05:13:13 pm »
XPiratez Factions:
If this would be a campaign-based or career-based game, where you could select different factions to play with.. I would try out to play as Bandits and go against the authorities, traders guild, church and because they can attack us as well, against the Über Gals too. :D  This would be just an exotic curiosity, a grind-down campaign, to see how long you can last - as Bandits - against the world. :)

XPiratez 2: Fortress City Wars
Bootypedia talks about supermax safe cities that cannot be stormed. Well.. after killing the Star Governor, The Gals get the weird idea into their cute heads, that with all the hi-tech equipment and R&D Know-How acquired so far, they can indeed lay siege to any of those large & mysterious cities.  Cities act as persistent fortresses: any damage done to them remains, carries through the campaign, as previously discussed.  Basically a city siege consists a chain of maps: like Sea Oddities--Ghost Girls. Just longer chain and way deadlier city defenders with Big Mechs, Fortress Tanks, large caliber artillery, Tesla Towers, DemonGates, in this case.
Encountering any very beefy and mysterious demonic force / host - like the one that can make an entire city population disappear overnight  - is an added big surprise during such sieges.
The ultimate goal of the game is to free all mutants & enslaved unfortunates and establish sane  governments free of the Star Gods rule on Earth.

- - -

XPiratez 3: Interstellar Mercenaries
With the death of the Star Governor on Mars and the Liberation of Earth, the game expands into space and continues with acquiring more powerful star-tech and space ships. Ultimately you go against the Shadow Lords / Star Gods.
After acquiring Dimension Portal tech, you have the opportunity - as side-quests / go against Mini-Bosses - to massacre a couple of Lokk'Naar Deities and other, similar power-level Supreme Beings who love to mess with the minds of planetary inhabitants (like on Earth). Submit these lesser gods to enslave them to you, so you harness their energy/power or erase them from all existence.
At the end You become a Star God / Shadowlord yourself and establish any rule you want: Sane = Order  or  Evil = Chaotic.

[saved as reference for later]
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 12:02:59 pm by mercy »

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8158 on: August 02, 2021, 11:58:51 pm »
Posted a mod.io for reverting the Gambling dynamics back to the original. Hey its up to you if you want to use it.

Offline Earthquake

• Captain
  • Glory to Ukraine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8159 on: August 22, 2021, 07:30:59 pm »
When the next update? :)