Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609726 times)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - K2 - 2 Nov - Ice Ice Cool
« Reply #7350 on: November 14, 2019, 07:02:58 am »
chorts, are still not fully implemented, sometimes dio works ahead on certain things. So the pedia page exists, but it think that mostly it.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7351 on: November 14, 2019, 11:16:28 am »
There is mention of the chort being able to shapeshift, but it seems all there is for now is the basic form that can use weapons and has a ton of energy and health (that regenerates too).  I wonder if the other forms will be like alternate chort armor or something.

I've also noticed that hunter killers have stopped exploding and mostly crash now when shot down.  Is it because they now try to flee when they're losing?  They actually stop hunter killing if they manage to get away, turning back into regular "minding their own business" craft that always crash.

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7352 on: November 14, 2019, 06:42:17 pm »
So this is it. On 21st May 2605, the Solar Governor took 3 shots from X-Plasma in his frontal lobe and died.

Final thoughts:
Great mod. Especially the beginning and midgame, where from a small group of fugitives, you become a force even the Stargods have to fear.

Unfortunately, there are a few things I am not all that happy with.
The bosses of big factions are quite rare. I had to buy my second Provost and Guildmaster (for Interrogation), which meant waiting for having enough money.
And the fuel for Conqueror feels too expensive. I calculated how much it would cost to buy all the capsules and it was just shy of 775M$. With only buying the elerium, the cost drops to 252.5 M$ and 1 250 000 RuntHours (52083 RuntDays, 142,7 RuntYears)(To make them in 1 year, at least 143 runts have to work on them).

Sure, it makes sense that the mightiest vessel is expensive, but it just felt too much.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #7353 on: November 14, 2019, 06:51:33 pm »
Going to mars is the ultimate goal forcing the ultimate price and also sacrificing your campaign.
You beat the game sqaure and fair in 5years 5month 20days.

Yes enemy VIP are rare but also guarded very well and hard to take down without killing them.
The option to "buy" them is extremely valuable to sidestep spawn-RNG.

You can create INFINITE money from thin-air so some million cash is disposable. Only a matter of TIME to get the required amount.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7354 on: November 15, 2019, 01:02:24 am »
Looking at the enemy craft's analysis page, a lot of hunter killers (but not all of them) have the "flee when losing" behavior.  The ninja seeker is not one of them, so chances are still good that the few you ever fight still blow up and never crash.  Thank god for Saya at least.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7355 on: November 15, 2019, 01:46:06 pm »
They are fast but not particularily fast. You can intercept them with a faster craft while they are chasing the bait and smoke them.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #7356 on: November 20, 2019, 09:19:46 pm »
There is mention of the chort being able to shapeshift, but it seems all there is for now is the basic form that can use weapons and has a ton of energy and health (that regenerates too).  I wonder if the other forms will be like alternate chort armor or something.

They will, just I did not feel like tackling that yet.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7357 on: November 21, 2019, 01:01:28 am »
It doesn't say so, but I feel I should still ask.  Are saint and chort armors exosuits, or are they just gonna get boxed on Mars?

Offline Ves

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7358 on: November 21, 2019, 06:02:15 pm »
Playing again after quite some time. I love the changes, mostly how hunter-killer increase the immersion for me. You deal with powerful enemies who don't just let you have Air-Superiority on a planet they control and go after you if the opportunity arises. A fast bomber on a Peacekeeping mission sometimes really forces me to keep the peace.

Offline BigDuck

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7359 on: November 26, 2019, 02:25:33 pm »
Me: making some tea to warm up a bit in this cold day. Thinking about that i should create copy of latest piratez mod version, since a lot can happen, starting from site collapse, zombie apocalypse, nuclear war. Going to main mod page...... MOD HERE: Temporarily Down

F!  :'( :'( :'(

Offline ElGrillo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7360 on: November 26, 2019, 06:55:54 pm »
no link for the mod =(

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7361 on: November 27, 2019, 12:49:39 am »
The mod is down temporarily while some assets are removed. A certain set of assets are being removed and replaced due to an issue with the original author of those assets. The issue has been resolved, but time is need to replace the assets.

Offline sanyaskillpro

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7362 on: November 27, 2019, 05:35:03 pm »
Now you have to pirate xpiratez... The game has gone meta xd.

Offline BigDuck

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7363 on: November 27, 2019, 08:48:27 pm »
The mod is down temporarily while some assets are removed. A certain set of assets are being removed and replaced due to an issue with the original author of those assets. The issue has been resolved, but time is need to replace the assets.

Thanks for info!

Offline ElGrillo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7364 on: November 27, 2019, 10:18:25 pm »
Now you have to pirate xpiratez... The game has gone meta xd.

Lol!
my traditional pirate skills are failing me.
Guess I'll just have to wait