Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609329 times)

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - K2 - 2 Nov - Ice Ice Cool
« Reply #7320 on: November 03, 2019, 06:58:07 pm »
The codex has little content and the content is rather mediocre, so the El Capitan outfit really shines. But any other codex has much more going for it. Gold codex in underpowered pls buff.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7321 on: November 03, 2019, 09:13:59 pm »
If you ask me whether spike rockets or seagull missiles are better, my answer is this: Meteor missiles are still the king of all missiles and there's really no reason to use anything else once you become buddies with the sectoids.

Also, that Nov. 17 typo for K1 will never be fixed will it?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #7322 on: November 03, 2019, 10:35:41 pm »
Also, that Nov. 17 typo for K1 will never be fixed will it?

It has been where it counts, check readme.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7323 on: November 04, 2019, 09:37:06 am »
I must protest the idea that Gold is the 'worst' codex. Sure, a buff could help me because I play Gold almost exclusively, but even without the Admiral suit (I tend to believe it is too damn harsh on freshness), it has several good things.

1) Best battery craft choice, hands down. In fact, all 3 craft are so good I would have trouble picking just 2. If I were to rate all battery Craft, only Scarab and MAYBE Snake would put up a contender fight for 3rd place.

2) The strategic flexibility of 1.4 mil in start of March. Can be a leg up on a second base or just cramming your base full of brains. In fact, only Green can hope to mach such jumpstarted development.

3) Best voodo schools.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 11:55:30 am by Iazo »

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7324 on: November 04, 2019, 03:45:59 pm »
I 100% agree on what Iazo said.

On the last few patches Turtle got weaker due to shoot through windows, but Shadowbat got better because of the light weapon slots.

Regarding max bravery: have you looked at the requirements to get all the condemnations to lvl 10? Bomber lvl 10 for example needs 3 explosion kills in one round 200 times. That's 600 kills. By the time you have grinded them out you will have finished the game.

Personally I'm not happy about the bravery bonuses because with bravery above 100 you cannot replenish moral with the pirate flag. I might have to shoot my own gals on purpose to get the bravery penalty from friendly fire condemnation...

magus1

« Reply #7325 on: November 05, 2019, 02:10:36 am »
OKay, Weird gals have I guess a min voodoo power and skill. It is just that I was silly and nerfed two gals to up Freshness and they cannot wear Sorceress anymore.

:{

pLease anypne. I have 22 new gals appearing in a week and the weak get the plank. What makes a weirdgal?

M

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7326 on: November 05, 2019, 07:18:54 am »
Voodoo power and bravery iirc correctly

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7327 on: November 05, 2019, 09:23:13 am »
Wow, MAG ammo just became a whole lot better.  Ignore its outdated bootypedia entry, its clip size is normal now.  Instead, it does more damage than PS ammo and it can now set things on fire.

Makes me wish that player hovertanks could use machineguns.  Oh well, early game armored cars have still became even more attractive now.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7328 on: November 05, 2019, 01:29:44 pm »
What makes a weirdgal?

Weirdgals need 50 bravery and voodoo power.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #7329 on: November 05, 2019, 02:10:33 pm »
Dear Dio-kun,

Black pyramids. Hate you. I took the last one out with my last Bombard shot. What a nasty twisted thing to do to poor players.

More please.

How is it that you you offer more Hallowe'en on the night I was going to request it? I even crimped my hair. I used to dress in white on the 31st like Patricia Morrison as everyone was being gothic.

(please can we have a frying pan only usable by witches?)

Love Mags

P.S Happy Samhain

Mags,

Thanks for nice words, but I cannot just simply forgive you how you unpersoned me on Discord.

Regards,
Dioxine

magus1

« Reply #7330 on: November 06, 2019, 03:42:40 am »
After the private personal abuse I dropped discord, so don't feel it a personal thing.

Mags

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - K2 - 2 Nov - Ice Ice Cool
« Reply #7331 on: November 06, 2019, 04:41:11 am »
:o what happnd to magus

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7332 on: November 06, 2019, 11:34:23 am »
Regarding gold codex:

The Hawk is good but Hunter Killer is just around the corner researchwise, also at that point of the game, HV slot is useless so you buy one Hawk with the Flame Canon and that is it.

-Turtle is slow and unarmed transport, it loses its appeal quickly.

-Shadowbat is... forgetable, it suffer form the same problem as Hawk

-Flame canon is quite nice but you aren’t gonna manufacture more anytime soon and by the time you can, you have better things to put in your HV slots

-El Fuegp has the lowest transport capacity compared to the rest of the menace class vessels and since it has no repair bonus or shields it will spend a lot of time sitting in the hangar geting fixed. A bit too heavy price to pay for its speed I say!

-The golden codex has access to both Tome of Flames special wespons it seems. They however look unimpresive at a glance. The land equipment suffers form lack of focus, gray has MC focus, green has best survivability, red has raw killing power, gold has a bt of everything, but it feels like it is a master of none.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7333 on: November 06, 2019, 04:43:36 pm »
-Shadowbat is the BEST codex craft bar none. With the current 'windows everywhere' meta, Shadowbat is the best insulated craft against random ememies firing RPGs inside your house. It even got better with two light (instead of missile) slots, is fast and durable, multistory, has doors. It is essentially a mini-Kraken.

-Turtle is the biggest codex battery craft, making it an ideal transport, even for underwater and newbie training via hallu-bravery spam. It has some rather unfortunate windows, true, so it's not as camping friendly as previously, but is a great transport.

-Hawk can mount a quadcannon making it almost equivalent to a HK(not to mention that getting a HK is MUCH LATER than Hawk to boot, dunno where your 'HK is just around the corner' misconception comes from. 4-6 months is nowhere near 'around the corner')

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7334 on: November 07, 2019, 06:27:13 am »
HK isn't that far down the tree from the STC pack, if fact all of 2 techs on the shadowmaster branch separate them. The real delay is that the HK is post workshop, and the STC pack isn't. However, if you went workshop instead of 3 extractors to unlock the space to build the drill your already there.

It's not anywhere near the super optimal required for JS difficulty to go workshop first, but it's pretty commonly done. And in that case the hawk is a pretty expensive outlay.