aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609014 times)

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - K1 - 17 Nov - Bandaid needed!
« Reply #7305 on: November 01, 2019, 09:22:45 am »
Finally, is there really any point in calling the zombie race "unknown"?  If you see a craft being flown by "unknown", it's always zombies.

At this point sure, it's always mostly harmless zombies. But in the future it might change, other lesser factions could use this flag to trick the player a bit and also fit in the lore a bit.
It was fairly common during "Golden Pirate Age" that such ship would go under fake, or no "cockade" (flag).

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7306 on: November 01, 2019, 11:20:48 pm »
It isn't one time mission. You can farm it. But you can accidentally turn it off without getting that item, I'll change it for now.

What turns it off?  I'm still on j17.A and I still need the research.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7307 on: November 02, 2019, 12:40:00 am »
Spoiler:
I believe it's the one that makes the Red Mage move in with you so you can build the Red Tower.  I suggest not researching the Necronomicon at all until you're all done with the technomancer.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - K2 - 2 Nov - Ice Ice Cool
« Reply #7308 on: November 02, 2019, 10:25:22 pm »
Hello everyone! Here at piratez HQ Halloween lasts longer! Despite mounting technical defficulties with our hardware, new version is out, cold and fresh! We're not dead yet!

Download in the first post as usual!

Offline seaurchinhead

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7309 on: November 03, 2019, 12:44:45 am »
OHHH MY GOD!!!

Lowered TU for grenades!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really really love using grenades, and I was always somewhat disappointed by high TU in this mod...but now I'm happy!!!!

magus1

« Reply #7310 on: November 03, 2019, 01:06:05 am »
Dear Dio-kun,

Black pyramids. Hate you. I took the last one out with my last Bombard shot. What a nasty twisted thing to do to poor players.

More please.

How is it that you you offer more Hallowe'en on the night I was going to request it? I even crimped my hair. I used to dress in white on the 31st like Patricia Morrison as everyone was being gothic.

(please can we have a frying pan only usable by witches?)

Love Mags

P.S Happy Samhain

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7311 on: November 03, 2019, 03:31:35 am »
Thanks for the new version. I love the STC slot on the menace class.

Some thoughts on missiles:
Spike rockets seem a bad deal now compared to seagulls. At least when buying them.
Spike: 35 damage x 0.35 hit chance / 12.5 k = 0.98 bang for buck
Seagull: 60 damage x 0.85 hit chance / 50 k = 1.02 bang for buck

Seagulls have more dps and range. On the previous patch spikes at least had more dps.
I'm not sure what's the intended role for spikes. I would see them as worse than seagulls but more bang for buck. Right now they are worse with same bang for buck.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7312 on: November 03, 2019, 04:43:09 am »
i will point out that the spike is lower tech. so overall weaker is to be expected, particularity at such low tier. Spikes are only the first advance from airballs after all.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #7313 on: November 03, 2019, 04:57:42 am »
Enjoy new "meta", I guess? I can up the price of Seagulls if it offends your sensitivity, not a problem. Spikes really can't get any cheaper.

And by the way, your math is completely off. You did not factor in ship and pilot bonus, for instance. Sigh. I'll write it off as rookie's mistake on your part.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 04:59:53 am by Dioxine »

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7314 on: November 03, 2019, 03:22:38 pm »
I know pilot bonus makes spikes better. They also get better when you shoot at large targets. But then again they get worse when the target has some armor. I didn't want to make the math too complicated and the post too long tough.
My practical experience is: If you have interceptors with spikes and interceptors with seagulls, the fight is usuall over before the spikes get into range.

Are spike rockets lower tech than seagulls? Not neccessarily. I try to get contacts:smugglers early because they have important other stuff (electroflare for example). For early access to spikes you need bounty tokens, and I would rather spend them on mutant martial arts and alliance favours. I get buyable spikes a lot later than seagulls.

Anyway, the price of spike rockets is probably the least important thing regarding balance. No reason to dwell on it.

I'm always surprised which of my posts get a response and which don't...

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #7315 on: November 03, 2019, 04:09:31 pm »
Are spike rockets lower tech than seagulls? Not neccessarily. I try to get contacts:smugglers early because they have important other stuff (electroflare for example). For early access to spikes you need bounty tokens, and I would rather spend them on mutant martial arts and alliance favours. I get buyable spikes a lot later than seagulls.

So the real problem is too easy availability of one vs. the other.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7316 on: November 03, 2019, 04:35:26 pm »
So the real problem is too easy availability of one vs. the other.

Yes. I guess switching their spots in the tech tree might be a solution. Smugglers offer spikes, seagulls as a bounty prize. Feels right.

Other than that, I think spikes could use a buff in accuracy. Spikes have 35%, airballs 40%. Surely missiles hit better than airballs???
The accuracy is even more important because the early dangerous shippings (the hunterkiller ones) are police and bandits, which mostly have avoid bonus.
To keep the dps from getting too high, lower the fire rate a bit. If you want to go even further, increase the ammo count so a lone airspeeder with a spike launcher is less of a gamble in engagements.
If the regular spike launcher gets any buffs, the Little Ilya might need to be adjusted to make sure it's still better.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #7317 on: November 03, 2019, 04:43:38 pm »
Yes. I guess switching their spots in the tech tree might be a solution. Smugglers offer spikes, seagulls as a bounty prize. Feels right.

Not really, but I have other ideas.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7318 on: November 03, 2019, 05:30:57 pm »
I feel the condemnation system allows for some ridiculous stuff. What is the theoretical maximim bravery now? Takes some dedication, but you can make weapons that scale with bravery absurdly powerful. Also checked the El Capitan suit’s stats. A bit better but unless you can eventually manufacture it and dress up your whole officer corps in it it is not really worth picking the worst codex.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #7319 on: November 03, 2019, 06:32:25 pm »
If a single item decides codex choice, it isn't what I had in mind.