Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610261 times)

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - K1 - 17 Nov - Bandaid needed!
« Reply #7290 on: October 26, 2019, 08:39:13 pm »
I'm not sure, but is it necessary to kill the black pyramids?
That scenario appears to me to have endless enemies.
As per the pyramids, the first time I brought a 60 mm Tank. It took several shots to destroy just one pyramid. Later, the lascannons from better tanks and such are a must. The pyramids take no more than three shots to implode.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7291 on: October 26, 2019, 11:07:43 pm »
Vehicles are the best thing to happen to heavy weapons.  Who needs a bossar when you have an armored car with a HMG shooting PS bullets?  Portable lascannon?  Slap it on a car where it can be fired faster, more accurately, and with reliable 50-150% damage.

Offline JamTheDane

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7292 on: October 27, 2019, 01:06:40 am »
I just got the Zombie Panic mission today  and faced the Black Pyramids. I spend around 10 turns having 2 men in each of the 3 pyramids to kill spawns, 6 going back to the ship for rocket launchers (they were armed with meelee and magic cards for throwing training), and the rest guarding various sleeping zombies.
As soon as I killed the last pyramid, i got the "bug hunt" message, so I assume that you must kill the pyramids.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7293 on: October 28, 2019, 06:24:48 pm »
The Admiral de Corazon drains freshness by 8 per round at 100 moral. That's 40 after 5 turns. That doesn't seem very balanced.

Edit: My guess is this is a typo in the ruleset and the value is supposed to be -0.008 and not -0.08. Would be nice if you can comment on that Dioxine, so that I can put the right intended value.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 11:49:56 pm by Eddie »

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7294 on: October 29, 2019, 03:38:05 am »
An interesting result of military craft hunting you: The Shadowbat gained in value as a fighter craft.
Previously it's slow speed limited it's usefulnes for aircombat. Now you just need to get somewhat close for them to be so nice and fly your way. The shadowbat is more durable than a HK and has the same two missle slots. Military craft tend to be armored, so the light weapons of the HK are not that useful in these situations anyway.

Not sure how useful this all is though, as the military craft blow up a lot of the time.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7295 on: October 29, 2019, 10:15:25 am »
Neat, cyberdiscs can actually be stunned now; they no longer just die upon getting knocked down.  But the last attack that downs the disc still needs to be a cutting melee weapon, as getting stunned by electric damage still blows up the disc (but surprisingly leaves the wreck intact).  Also important: Cutting doesn't explode, but stabbing does.

However, now it's the tank's turn to be never stunned and always die when knocked down.  I'm sure that's on purpose though, and I can probably assume that hovertanks and sectopods are similarly unstunnable now.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - K1 - 17 Nov - Bandaid needed!
« Reply #7296 on: October 30, 2019, 06:38:45 pm »
...1more generell question, (and i think such post, same polemic, was here already, not so much time ago, if i remember correctly,  but although anyways i ask - what is that "40 000" ..thing, it is Sci-fi, (as i suppose), about what? what plot, what ..topics, theme ?  *sex, Orcs, & rock´n´roll, ? or ?   robots, fighting, and swords, orcs, and dragon ?
or what
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 08:40:02 pm by LytaRyta »

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - K1 - 17 Nov - Bandaid needed!
« Reply #7297 on: October 30, 2019, 07:59:38 pm »
...1more generell question, (and i think such post was here already, not so much time ago, if i remmeber correctly,  but although anyways i ask - what is that "40 000" ..thing, it is Sci-fi, (as i suppose), about what? what plot, what ..topics, theme ?  *sex, Orcs, & rock´n´roll, ? or ?   robots, fighting, and swords, orcs, and dragon ?
or what

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=Warhammer+40k+what+is+it%3F&s=g

Perfection.

magus1

« Reply #7298 on: October 31, 2019, 01:19:58 am »
You have just asked the rock n roll equivalent of "who are Guns n Roses". I hope you enjoy it...

P.S where do I get a simulacrum from? I have no artillery without my lokkies.

Love,  Mags

magus1

« Reply #7299 on: October 31, 2019, 01:20:48 am »
P.P.S what did you mean about editing saves a bit Dio?

L

M

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7300 on: October 31, 2019, 01:59:09 am »
Updating from J to K1:
Load, then save.
Then, in savefile
Change all

Code: [Select]
mana: 0
on your soldiers to

Code: [Select]
mana: 50
or similar number.
Reload.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7301 on: October 31, 2019, 11:57:22 am »
Simulacrums are kinda rare magic item things, possibly as rare as shadow orbs but I'm not sure on that.

Edit: I dug through the files because I badly need something that has yet to reappear, and I fear I've come to a terrible conclusion.  The technomancer is guaranteed to appear in only one mission, and that mission is one time only.  If you capture her alive and research the wrong thing out of her (you want info on her corpse which she can actually tell you about), then congratulations because you're now locked out of a certain research tech that requires her corpse.  You only get that mission once, it does not reoccur ever, and thus you only ever have a single chance from the one technomancer you'll ever fight.  Enjoy.

I looked at all the other missions to see if a technomancer could also appear in them.  The technomancer is actually part of the zombie race, so I narrowed it down to all the missions where zombies are possible.  And from the looks of things, the only mission that could possibly cough up a technomancer outside of that one-time mission is in a space freighter.  I dunno about you, but I dread having to fight through (or worse, clear out) an entire space freighter full of zombies just to get to one single technomancer.  And that's assuming I ever get a space freighter mission, much less one that rolled the 10% chance needed to get zombies.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 12:43:00 pm by BBHood217 »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #7302 on: October 31, 2019, 06:28:52 pm »
could possibly cough up a technomancer outside of that one-time mission

It isn't one time mission. You can farm it. But you can accidentally turn it off without getting that item, I'll change it for now.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 06:32:15 pm by Dioxine »

magus1

« Reply #7303 on: October 31, 2019, 07:01:03 pm »
TY Dio and BB; you hinted that there was another unamed mission where you can find the Technomancer, or is it just Space Freighter?

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7304 on: October 31, 2019, 10:38:21 pm »
Like I said, the technomancer is a member of the zombie race (a sort of VIP in fact, similar to guildmasters and coordinators).  But the only mission with zombies that could spawn a VIP-level enemy is the space freighter.  There might be other possibilities, but I don't know if zombies do crackdowns or secret base missions.

I guess for now, I'll just edit one of my upcoming missions into another Technomancer mission.  It'd be nice to one day play this mod without savescumming, file editing, and using debug mode; but I just never have the free time to do so.

Finally, is there really any point in calling the zombie race "unknown"?  If you see a craft being flown by "unknown", it's always zombies.