Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610023 times)

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J17 - 1 Sep - I Stab At Thee!!!
« Reply #7200 on: September 06, 2019, 02:59:59 pm »
On that train of thought (piratez  are piratez and will stay that way), I kinda have to expand on a commentary I made some months ago: Piratez has a distinctive early 90s saturday morning cartoon/heavy metal vibe to it that just makes me happy, which is a very similar feeling that the original xcom game gave me.

This is why (mostly due to personal preference) I tend to be against throwing every sci fi trope at it ALA xcom files.
I don't feel that piratez is in any way similar to that mod or that it has anything to do with it. Piratez is just piratez and its great as it is, and I hope it grows in that same style and feel. Its cool that lots of people have ideas for the mod, I'm just saying that Piratez is incredibly unique as it currently stands and I hope it stays that way.

What I'm saying is, I for one welcome our mutant boob overlords. Down with the skinny butt aliens.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 03:01:54 pm by Dakkdakk »

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J17 - 1 Sep - I Stab At Thee!!!
« Reply #7201 on: September 06, 2019, 04:51:12 pm »
Indeed, it isn't clearly stated, but we can "play" with this idea with things both mods share. It's for fun, like kind of fun people have creating and exchanging theories about lore in games. Something simillar to Team ICO games, where each game is its own thing, but they share multiple similarities that enable players to connect three games without needing a big sign, or title that Shadow of Collosus is a Prequel to Ico.

Cunning gals might be as well directly connected to "Brutes" in X-Com Files where they both got an idea that eating Zombie Flesh is smart.
Weapons that appear just the same in both mods.
"Ghost" story arc and UAC existing in X-Com Files might directly correlate with The Dark Ones and the same organisation in Piratez.

It might be, or might not be, however there is more fun when there is no clear, big and direct proof that they aren't.

Offline Flenser

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7202 on: September 06, 2019, 08:51:17 pm »
Hi, so I'm assuming the new weirdgal transformation doesn't affect V.skill and V.Power caps (since it isn't stated)? I got confused by "Her mystical skills will grow stronger" in the flavor text.

Offline Yirtimd2

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J17 - 1 Sep - I Stab At Thee!!!
« Reply #7203 on: September 07, 2019, 12:05:15 am »
Sorry, Sir.. I forgot to mention that Steam One is OUR game, that we are developing in our own company. We are doing a turn-based, party-based, tactical dark fantasy RPG, that has an Overworld map to explore, just like the SSI Gold Box Series and similar Battlescape, where you can bash in those goblin heads and hear them SCREAM!! +lots of lots of blood & gore and the dark "Diablo I.-ey" stuff.   Sorry for the misus.!
Link to "Steam One" please. Just wanna look what are you talking about, sir.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7204 on: September 07, 2019, 06:58:20 pm »
Hi, so I'm assuming the new weirdgal transformation doesn't affect V.skill and V.Power caps (since it isn't stated)? I got confused by "Her mystical skills will grow stronger" in the flavor text.

Statcaps do change. You get +5 V.Power and +20 V.Skill from the transformation, and new cap for V.Skill is 50. Statcap for V.Power is 75, but you can't reach it since 66 is the highest you can get before the transformation.

Side note: Voodoo strength used for the voodoo orb (panic and mind control) is V.Power * V.Skill.
Max stat hybrid: 75 * 75 = 5625
Max stat gal in Witch armor: 81 * 70 = 5670
So a hybrid can be just as good as a weirdgal at using a voodoo orb. The hybrids inbuilt psi is ~10% weaker than a voodoo orb.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 07:09:05 pm by Eddie »

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7205 on: September 08, 2019, 02:49:01 am »
Side note: Voodoo strength used for the voodoo orb (panic and mind control) is V.Power * V.Skill.
Max stat hybrid: 75 * 75 = 5625
Max stat gal in Witch armor: 81 * 70 = 5670
So a hybrid can be just as good as a weirdgal at using a voodoo orb. The hybrids inbuilt psi is ~10% weaker than a voodoo orb.

I think that is ok, because all other stats of a gal are superior

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7206 on: September 08, 2019, 09:31:26 am »
Statcap for V.Power is 75, but you can't reach it since 66 is the highest you can get before the transformation.
Unless something has changed recently, that is not true. You *can* increase VPwr.
Spoiler:
Blood Magic

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J17A - 8 Sep - I Stab At Thee!!! (reloaded)
« Reply #7207 on: September 09, 2019, 12:19:31 am »
Sorry, Sir.. I forgot to mention that Steam One is OUR game, that we are developing in our own company. We are doing a turn-based, party-based, tactical dark fantasy RPG, that has an Overworld map to explore, just like the SSI Gold Box Series and similar Battlescape, where you can bash in those goblin heads and hear them SCREAM!! +lots of lots of blood & gore and the dark "Diablo I.-ey" stuff.   Sorry for the misus.!

Then don't spam Piratez topic with your ads, please. I understood you were commenting on Piratez.

Meanwhile, bugfix edition released... with some new fun stuff to boot :) Enjoy.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #7208 on: September 09, 2019, 01:58:22 am »
Which proves what exactly? There is cybernetics in Piratez, and always been within the scope of the game.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J17A - 8 Sep - I Stab At Thee!!! (reloaded)
« Reply #7209 on: September 09, 2019, 12:22:11 pm »
Which proves what exactly? There is cybernetics in Piratez, and always been within the scope of the game.

Okay, I Un-Spammed this thread from all posts you called spam.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 12:27:57 pm by mercy »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #7210 on: September 09, 2019, 01:05:28 pm »
I never asked you to remove any posts, but suit yourself...

Offline nicedayright

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7211 on: September 10, 2019, 01:54:31 am »
I'm really bummed out that the Peasant Aqua Suit EVA doesn't work in space. I probably should have been tipped off by the fact that the recipe didn't include grav units, but in my defense, the term "EVA" is a little misleading. Still, I just wasted about a month on a peasant space program only to have them show up to the mission in survival pods. Cheap refractor suits for a mission set where enemies almost exclusively use energy weapons? Not having to painstakingly swap my main gals over to space garb every month on this shitty laptop touchpad?

I should have known it was too good to be true.

Also, boxing glove arrows when?

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7212 on: September 10, 2019, 01:32:41 pm »
I'm really bummed out that the Peasant Aqua Suit EVA doesn't work in space. I probably should have been tipped off by the fact that the recipe didn't include grav units, but in my defense, the term "EVA" is a little misleading. Still, I just wasted about a month on a peasant space program only to have them show up to the mission in survival pods. Cheap refractor suits for a mission set where enemies almost exclusively use energy weapons? Not having to painstakingly swap my main gals over to space garb every month on this shitty laptop touchpad?

I should have known it was too good to be true.

Also, boxing glove arrows when?

You can save gal loadouts by using "F5" on equipment menu and load it by hitting "F9". There is about 30 (I think) slots for saves, enough for 15 gals to have normal and space loadout.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7213 on: September 10, 2019, 04:12:40 pm »
How to quickly swab armour:
In craft screen select "armour" menu. Change armour on any unit. Now right click on any unit to apply the same armour choice, without opening the drop down menu.

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7214 on: September 14, 2019, 12:51:56 pm »
One thing I realized about X-Piratez (apart from the fact that it is really good): I need a new PC.
Base Defense missions especially are unplayable on my old single-core computer....  :o