Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3678030 times)

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J5 - 11 Jun - Applied Chromatics
« Reply #7110 on: July 28, 2019, 08:32:53 pm »
Sorry, it's never been the case, even in the original game.
But X-Com has many such legends... ;)
WOW!! It may have been my cousin, who advised it or a gaming magazine.. 

I can stop overburdening my soldiers now... :D  Thank You!
No. The way to increase secondary stats is to do stuff, shoot, throw, melee.
Thank You!!

Offline Rich

• Sergeant
  • Welp
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J5 - 11 Jun - Applied Chromatics
« Reply #7111 on: July 29, 2019, 03:38:00 pm »
I'm having loads of fun with this mod, really enjoying the difficulty and the strategies you have to create to manage the situation, good job!
But i've noticed a couple of things, for example i couldn't find a guild stapler in the warehouse missions (only ammo and didn't use explosive), i've found it in the "govt recovery mission" with all the ballers?

Also enemies are shooting me through the windows of the airbus and blowfish while i can't fire outside, is this intended? It's kind of bs when you land right in front of 20 guys that start to gun you down like no tomorrow as soon as you approach the doors to go out.
It's the only thing that i actually hate about this mod.

Playing with latest version ofc

Offline Corento

• Sergeant
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
« Reply #7112 on: July 29, 2019, 04:35:59 pm »
I'm having loads of fun with this mod, really enjoying the difficulty and the strategies you have to create to manage the situation, good job!
But i've noticed a couple of things, for example i couldn't find a guild stapler in the warehouse missions (only ammo and didn't use explosive), i've found it in the "govt recovery mission" with all the ballers?

Also enemies are shooting me through the windows of the airbus and blowfish while i can't fire outside, is this intended? It's kind of bs when you land right in front of 20 guys that start to gun you down like no tomorrow as soon as you approach the doors to go out.
It's the only thing that i actually hate about this mod.

Playing with latest version ofc

Hi, just yesterday I had warehouse mission (I think 3-4 from begining) and leader has it. So it is not 100% drop here.

With shooting through the windows it could happen that you have to kneel to see the shooter. Or stay on tile far from window...

Also love this mode  ;D

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7113 on: July 29, 2019, 05:43:06 pm »
Shooting through craft windows is intended. Try to move around a bit, you can shoot out.

Offline Rich

• Sergeant
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #7114 on: July 29, 2019, 07:19:26 pm »
Hi, just yesterday I had warehouse mission (I think 3-4 from begining) and leader has it. So it is not 100% drop here.

Ok so i have just been unlucky it seems, i've done like 5/6 warehouse without finding the stapler, needless to say i've been stuck with low tier guns for over a year!
It's hard as hell fighting marsec operatives with basic guns.

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7115 on: July 30, 2019, 03:17:54 am »
Ok so i have just been unlucky it seems, i've done like 5/6 warehouse without finding the stapler, needless to say i've been stuck with low tier guns for over a year!
It's hard as hell fighting marsec operatives with basic guns.

The randomized drop tables can be incredibly annoying. It took me until 2604 to find an Industrial Scanner. I find it funny how the Sentry is equipped with an "expensive scanning suite", and yet the Cutter is the small ship with a chance (albeit incredibly low) to drop a scanner.

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7116 on: July 30, 2019, 04:15:40 pm »
Well, these are (I'd assume) two different types of scanner. Sentry has the type that deals with detection - radar, infrared, EM, whatever. Cutter has something like a XXVIth century version of a 3D scanner - one that allows scanning objects for analysis and production purposes.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 05:35:56 pm by Ashghan »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7117 on: July 30, 2019, 05:03:53 pm »
In the XVIth century those were usually called "eyes". :P

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7118 on: July 30, 2019, 05:35:32 pm »
Dang, one X too few. Corrected. :D

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7119 on: August 01, 2019, 10:22:36 pm »
Mumbleball question:
What the heck does this do?  I didn't notice any effect on the battlefield. It didn't even start mumbling..  ?

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7120 on: August 01, 2019, 11:14:36 pm »
If something step over, It is going to emit a funny track and low morale of the thing steeping over

Offline nicedayright

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7121 on: August 02, 2019, 09:29:38 pm »
Mumbleball question:
What the heck does this do?  I didn't notice any effect on the battlefield. It didn't even start mumbling..  ?

Think of it like a proxy grenade filled with canned psi-panic.

Also, I've come back to the mod after quite a while, pretty amazing how much has changed. You've already produced a game I enjoy more than most AAA titles. However, I don't know whether to be relieved or disappointed that the comic book research tree doesn't unlock punching glove arrows.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7122 on: August 03, 2019, 12:24:48 am »
Highest difficulty, ironman:
Two enemy convoys appeared. I attacked with quad cannons mounted on pachyderms and the two took down at least three of my ships before going down. They required so many rounds to crash them that I was wondering if quad-cannons are useless against enemy convoys?  Now they are down and I'm highly curious what my Convoy team will find down there at those two crash sites.  ???

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7123 on: August 03, 2019, 12:58:39 am »
The armored convoy "craft" have some armor, if memory serves. so low damage per shot weapons like the quad and 25mm are less effective. Armor in air combat is a flat reduction to any hull damage taken.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7124 on: August 03, 2019, 02:18:01 am »
The armored convoy "craft" have some armor, if memory serves. so low damage per shot weapons like the quad and 25mm are less effective. Armor in air combat is a flat reduction to any hull damage taken.

Thank You. I can see they are composed of essentially a "pogrom party". Dogs, armored cars, tough guys, etc.. They flooded my convoy with fire grenades and various explosives. I'll have to run!!  ...
I decided to take a stand there and from my three best fighters, picked for their highest ability, only one remained. She could barely get out of that hell with 6 injured survivors from the mighty 24.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 01:40:13 pm by mercy »