aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3681181 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J16 - 8 Aug -Zombie Dreams
« Reply #7140 on: August 08, 2019, 08:03:36 pm »
How was the JS difficulty increased?

Bigger stat bonuses for enemies.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7141 on: August 08, 2019, 08:56:42 pm »
Version j16 compatible also with newest OXCE can be downloaded here: link removed, use version J17
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 01:13:04 am by Meridian »

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7142 on: August 10, 2019, 01:28:18 am »
New iteration of the infamous "Eddie abuses the game mechanics" series. Read only if you want to learn about powerful glitches.
Spoiler:
I was trying out spray waypoints, and noticed a spray waypoint does not target the ground like a regularly placed shot does, but instead shoots level. This can be abused for the martial arts flurry of blows.
It has a range of 1, but damage dropoff starts at 2 (so you can kick diagonally). This means you could actually kick with a range of two tiles, but you can't target two tiles distance. If the target is standing two tiles away and you target the tile in between, you will just kick the ground.
Now spray waypoints come into play. If you use spray waypoints on the tile between you and the target, you won't kick the ground but kick straight ahead and will now hit the target two tiles away. This is very powerful as you avoid the cqc check you have to pass when standing adjacent to the target.

You could also use this to get more accurate autofire at range. If the target is beyond the autofire accurate range and the line of fire is pretty obvious, say just stright foreward, place the spray waypoints not on the target but in between. Then you will avoid the accuracy dropoff if you placed the crosshair on the target. This can also be used to avoid the no LoS penalty.
An example of when this is useful: Base defence, when you shoot down corridors. Place a machinegun at the far end of a corridor, cover everything in smoke.

Where the spray waypoints suck: when trying to shoot small targets, like rats. That's how I discovered it. I way trying to spray down a group of rats with a mammoth chain shotgun at close range. Didn't work, was always shooting too high. You can only hit tall stuff with spray waypoints.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 01:52:25 am by Eddie »

Offline Masakhan

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7143 on: August 11, 2019, 06:27:03 am »
Anyone know how much damage the shotgun shield reduces?

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7144 on: August 11, 2019, 12:57:53 pm »
From the ruleset

Shotgun shield:
Code: [Select]
      ITEM_RESIST_TYPE_1: 80    <- piercing
      ITEM_MINIMUM_RESIST_TYPE_1: 50
      ITEM_RESIST_TYPE_4: 80     <- laser
      ITEM_MINIMUM_RESIST_TYPE_4: 50
      ITEM_RESIST_TYPE_5: 80     <- plasma
      ITEM_MINIMUM_RESIST_TYPE_5: 50
      ITEM_RESIST_TYPE_7: 80    <- cutting
      ITEM_MINIMUM_RESIST_TYPE_7: 50

Here the riot shield for comparison:
      ITEM_RESIST_TYPE_1: 85
      ITEM_RESIST_TYPE_4: 90
      ITEM_RESIST_TYPE_5: 90
      ITEM_RESIST_TYPE_6: 80   <- daze
      ITEM_MINIMUM_RESIST_TYPE_6: 30
      ITEM_RESIST_TYPE_7: 75
      ITEM_MINIMUM_RESIST_TYPE_7: 30
      ITEM_RESIST_TYPE_8: 90    <- chem
      ITEM_MINIMUM_RESIST_TYPE_8: 50

And here is the wheeled machinegun:
      ITEM_RESIST_TYPE_1: 80
      ITEM_RESIST_TYPE_3: 90     <- concussive
      ITEM_MINIMUM_RESIST_TYPE_3: 30
      ITEM_RESIST_TYPE_4: 80
      ITEM_RESIST_TYPE_5: 80

I can add more explanation if you don't know what the numbers mean.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 12:59:45 pm by Eddie »

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J16 - 8 Aug -Zombie Dreams
« Reply #7145 on: August 15, 2019, 12:28:13 am »
Version j16 compatible also with newest OXCE can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=17G8iCziVoCOmNsGMCZwJBwXJ4vYTdyOB

Its not compatible with newest OXCE. Common and standard folders differ in latest X-Piratez versus Extended-5.6.1.   Since X-Piratez was always combed together with OXCE it ran correctly from its own Common and standard folders. 
But currently the two downloadable archives are not unified and Extended-5.6.1-eb44d4df4-2019-08-11-win64  throws all kinds of PCK coordinate errors, like STR_Biodrome_Weapon Offset -2 etc...  when I overwrite the Common and standard folders in X-Piratez with the ones from latest OXCE.

* Just tried copying XPiratez into C:\users... Documents\openxcom\mods
but OXCE throws the same BIGOBS  PCK coordinate errors.

While latest XCOM-Files runs fine, because its unified with the latest OXCE.

The install video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-mhVSI9rbE (relevant part is from 00:00 to 03:20)
covers easy WH 40K, which has a different folder from OXCE that runs in the install video without problems. But X-Piratez has its own same name
Common and standard folders in the same place as the OpenXcomEx.exe.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 01:02:53 am by mercy »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7146 on: August 15, 2019, 01:15:28 am »
Its not compatible with newest OXCE. Common and standard folders differ in latest X-Piratez versus Extended-5.6.1.   Since X-Piratez was always combed together with OXCE it ran correctly from its own Common and standard folders. 
But currently the two downloadable archives are not unified and Extended-5.6.1-eb44d4df4-2019-08-11-win64  throws all kinds of PCK coordinate errors, like STR_Biodrome_Weapon Offset -2 etc...  when I overwrite the Common and standard folders in X-Piratez with the ones from latest OXCE.

* Just tried copying XPiratez into C:\users... Documents\openxcom\mods
but OXCE throws the same BIGOBS  PCK coordinate errors.

While latest XCOM-Files runs fine, because its unified with the latest OXCE.

The install video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-mhVSI9rbE (relevant part is from 00:00 to 03:20)
covers easy WH 40K, which has a different folder from OXCE that runs in the install video without problems. But X-Piratez has its own same name
Common and standard folders in the same place as the OpenXcomEx.exe.

Dude, common and standard directory are not part of the mod, don't use them!
You need common and standard directories, which are part of the OXCE you are using.
From the piratez distribution package you need ONLY the "user" folder, nothing else.

And it is compatible, I am playing it myself without problems.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 01:30:17 am by Meridian »

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7147 on: August 15, 2019, 11:19:59 am »
Dude, common and standard directory are not part of the mod, don't use them!
You need common and standard directories, which are part of the OXCE you are using.
From the piratez distribution package you need ONLY the "user" folder, nothing else.

And it is compatible, I am playing it myself without problems.

There is a new version called J16m??!  Check this out, I downloaded J16 couple days ago and it gave me this opening screen:

So just to be sure, I downloaded the J16m package that is NOW under the download link and sure it works like a charm giving a different loading screen.

BUT I was right! Just to be curious, I followed your advice, and copied over just the user folder from the old J16 version.   VOILA! It gives the same errors I was talking about!

So a new version was required after all compared to couple days ago!  ;-)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 11:28:38 am by mercy »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7148 on: August 15, 2019, 11:23:04 am »
There is a new version called J16m??!  Check this out, I downloaded J16 couple days ago and it gave me this opening screen:

J16m is the version I have uploaded.
Same as J16, just compatible with newest OXCE.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7149 on: August 15, 2019, 11:36:06 am »
J16m is the version I have uploaded.
Same as J16, just compatible with newest OXCE.
I just noticed. The mediafire link has the same archive from days ago. You enhanced the archive and gave it a J16m designation, which works perfectly. Aha! Let's check out, what I want: the best amazing super 5.6.1-feature, since years ago.

Yes it works perfectly.  The "Cross-hair cursor targeting function" now is amazingly sensitive to not only the hotkey of "Center on Active Unit" but to a milestone achievement of  the Hotkey of "Select Next Unit" too!!  I tested it extensively in XCOM-Files and it works perfectly.   Don't  ever   touch it!!  This is the single best Quality of Life Update since forever!!

I noticed that you added extra content to the rulesets. Thank You!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 12:18:10 pm by mercy »

Offline Harkonnen

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7150 on: August 15, 2019, 10:10:56 pm »
Is enemies in J16 now affected by environmental conditions? i just had a "scorching hot" mission and half of the enemies were "zzz" by the time i got to them.

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7151 on: August 15, 2019, 10:35:29 pm »
Is enemies in J16 now affected by environmental conditions? i just had a "scorching hot" mission and half of the enemies were "zzz" by the time i got to them.
Was it the pink desert area? If you are doing a mission in a pink desert, random spots will be hit with this charm damage.

Offline Harkonnen

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7152 on: August 15, 2019, 11:16:08 pm »
Was it the pink desert area? If you are doing a mission in a pink desert, random spots will be hit with this charm damage.

Well, it was at night, but i think it was kind of pinkish...

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7153 on: August 16, 2019, 12:02:21 am »
It was likely the pink desert, that's been around for a good number of versions, but it's fairly rare.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7154 on: August 16, 2019, 05:50:16 pm »
It was likely the pink desert, that's been around for a good number of versions, but it's fairly rare.

You are not safe even within vehicles: at least my gals were fainting one after the other inside a convoy.