Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3612047 times)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J14 - 29 Apr - Saints and Sinners
« Reply #6930 on: May 01, 2019, 01:01:56 am »
1)Dog and peasants to start, then move into a mix of hellhounds, Peasants/Slave soilders, and a few gals to carry the heavy weapons. Its also good to put up 1-2 defense faculties like flak cannon/laser/plasma cannons, since they also spawn a turret for the battle. Gear wise 2nd or 3rd best rifle you can buy, grenades best explosive and incendiary you have, and some RPGs with heat ammo. Later i add in arena fireball launchers cause unlimited fire shots is lovely for crowd control.

3)Coupons redeem levels are unlocked at different tech levels, so you start with the very basic tiers when you first unlock gambling, then others later.

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6931 on: May 01, 2019, 01:49:39 am »
Another way to defend is suicide bombing. I start my peasants with all their grenades armed, because they generally can't spare the time to prime anything once the fight starts. This lady started in a horrible position that she was not going to survive. She had three live frags. So she cleared out the lift turn one.

Speaking of grenades, has something (intentionally) changed in J14? I can no longer purchase frags on the black market. The research is still done, and I am currently researching HEs to see what happens.

Edit: Apparently they're locked by Contacts: Gun Emporium now...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 01:56:04 am by Devon_v »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6932 on: May 01, 2019, 03:48:29 am »
Dogs are cheaper for the suicide tactic

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6933 on: May 01, 2019, 07:13:10 am »
Is it just me but in the new version (J14), in ironman mode, moving facilities is now not allowed, whereas in the previous version it was?

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6934 on: May 01, 2019, 09:59:49 am »
Is it just me but in the new version (J14), in ironman mode, moving facilities is now not allowed, whereas in the previous version it was?

Frist post in this thread: "- Teleporting facilities no longer works in Supermutant (Ironman) mode."

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6935 on: May 01, 2019, 12:11:13 pm »
Frist post in this thread: "- Teleporting facilities no longer works in Supermutant (Ironman) mode."
Ok, it didn't occur to me that moving facilities was called teleporting. This definitely has consequences in the game play.

Offline Devon_v

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6936 on: May 01, 2019, 07:25:03 pm »
Dogs are cheaper for the suicide tactic
If you set up for it, yes. Sometimes you're just choosing between losing a gal and losing a gal and taking eight attackers with her. Also one rookie peasant vs. multi-million dolero base that would take months to rebuild isn't much of a choice. :)

Ok, it didn't occur to me that moving facilities was called teleporting. This definitely has consequences in the game play.

Yeah, base design is tricky. Being able to build new structures over old is very helpful, even if you have to shuffle personnel around sometimes.

@VodkaBear: Check out Painbringer SMGs. They're a ways up the conventional research, but they're fairly accurate, decently hard hitting, and provide good autofire. I just got them, and I purchased one for all my peasants on base defense. I'm still throwing grenades into the lift turn one and/or dog blitzing, but those guns look like a good backup for the inevitable bughunt.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 07:30:28 pm by Devon_v »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J14a - 1 May - Saints and Sinners
« Reply #6937 on: May 01, 2019, 11:03:20 pm »
I decided to remove option to teleport buildings in Ironman because really, if you play Ironman, you're too good to be cheating.

Edit: hotfix update uploaded.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 11:37:57 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6938 on: May 02, 2019, 07:19:54 am »
I decided to remove option to teleport buildings in Ironman because really, if you play Ironman, you're too good to be cheating.

Hmm. Would you consider it still cheating if in addition to the teleporting fees ($333K, IIRC), some time (say X days) would be added on each move?

The idea is any reno takes also time. The value of X can be a % of the total amount of time that said facility takes to build from scratch, or it could be a fixed amount of days (say 3 days). Currently X is zero, so you pay the fee, and instant move. I don't know if this option is coded or not.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6939 on: May 02, 2019, 10:31:49 pm »
Hmm. Would you consider it still cheating if in addition to the teleporting fees ($333K, IIRC), some time (say X days) would be added on each move?

The idea is any reno takes also time. The value of X can be a % of the total amount of time that said facility takes to build from scratch, or it could be a fixed amount of days (say 3 days). Currently X is zero, so you pay the fee, and instant move. I don't know if this option is coded or not.
Plan out your bases and fill required tiles with corridors as placeholders. When you play Ironman, it's assumed you know what you're doing anyway. ;)

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6940 on: May 02, 2019, 10:41:24 pm »
I haven't updated to the hotfix version yet, but figured I'd give some report on how gambling is going since that's pretty variable.  I'm assuming the "crazy exploit" is something you intentionally have to do.

Value-wise, in v13 I got about 10-18x the value of the 1k chips back, and I'm getting somewhere in the 3-3.5x here, counting apples.  It's pretty solid returns.  So far I've spun the wheel about 500 times by april.  I've got a lot of cool random shit, like an electric lasso, 12 electroflares, 3 blunderbusses with 15 ammo, and some really nice heavy painbringer smg with 5 rounds.  But since I can't make any more ammo it's not too crazy. 

Also, you get kind of a ridiculous amount of bounty token for jack (and to a much lesser extent zaxx from valuable coins).  I'm just at April 7th and I've now got 30mm cannons because I've gotten 1500 tokens already for the confederate gear and cannons.  I guess it's not too broken since you can also get a lot from bounty challenges, but this is probably more than intended.

Edit:  Oh right, I also got combat shotguns which I could research, and that was pretty huge.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 10:54:02 pm by Greep »

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6941 on: May 03, 2019, 08:04:03 pm »
Plan out your bases and fill required tiles with corridors as placeholders. When you play Ironman, it's assumed you know what you're doing anyway. ;)

The planning of an initial base is not a problem. The planning of facility upgrades is the problem. Say you want to consolidate four barracks into one large barracks (or storage). This is on the main base, usually converted to research and strike, and minor manufacturing. The other bases as purpose built, usually manufacturing dedicated, or storage dedicated.

Offline ikaff

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6942 on: May 05, 2019, 02:31:56 pm »
In the quick battle, there are genies who fight against everything, is it a bug or so conceived?
Genies appear on the battlefield suddenly, like a third party, and fight against everyone.
before version 14 this did not happen
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 10:47:09 pm by ikaff »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6943 on: May 05, 2019, 04:41:12 pm »

If a time value was added, then no, it wouldn't be cheating. But now it's instant (and ofc, it's hardcoded to be so).

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6944 on: May 05, 2019, 04:43:36 pm »
If anything gets done, it's gonna be removal of the entire feature.

It's currently used completely against the spirit in which it was implemented.