Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609450 times)

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J10 - 28 Dec - Christmas Underground
« Reply #6570 on: December 29, 2018, 05:50:02 pm »
I have a long standing question though: why any major fraction that attack your hideout always equips the crew with plasma weapons? (highest difficulty, Ironman)

Why not? They're major factions.
Minor factions have their own weapons.

niculinux

« Reply #6571 on: December 30, 2018, 03:28:05 pm »
As for 0.99J10 are there still kisions for which is exclusively  required an airbus? If so, i'd like to have only mossoons that require any civilian unarmed vessel (mostly infiltration ones) and not airbus only. Any chances for the next relase?

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6572 on: December 30, 2018, 06:57:14 pm »
I think there was never one? You could always use the airvan as well, iirc. And it is only one mission I think, and that has a really good reason.

Offline Mitra Lightbringer

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6573 on: December 31, 2018, 10:14:04 am »
I know of Mansion something, probably infiltration. Haven't done it, so I don't know how good it is.

niculinux

« Reply #6574 on: January 01, 2019, 08:36:14 pm »
Sorry, post moved here
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 05:56:07 pm by niculinux »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6575 on: January 03, 2019, 03:19:05 am »
None of this is real issue. Give me a break with such hair splitting (this also goes for your last "bugreports").

niculinux

« Reply #6576 on: January 03, 2019, 12:27:45 pm »
None of this is real issue. Give me a break with such hair splitting (this also goes for your last "bugreports").

ok sorry, not supposed to issu-reporting, only simple tips. Will do.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J9 - 24 Nov - Needs More Muskets
« Reply #6577 on: January 05, 2019, 03:08:33 am »
The base detection and attack mechanics are a bit complicated, but that's how it always have been.
Not sure how dark ones and ratmen do it - if they use similar vessels or a different mechanic (besides - realistically, how would a radar detect a squad of soldiers on foot?).
It might be complicated or abit late to suggest this but the Dark Ones base assaults, and ive never had to deal with one personally, I would believe should be using a Comm Wave to simulate the reference to teleporter invasions from Doom.

Another idea ive had for the ratmen foot patrols is they should In Fact have a UFO type. Its just not the usual kind of ufo ("All Terrain Vehicle"). Since they go across the land and even cross the water at about speed 100 it implies they've got their hands on some handy but not that impressive teck. Id imagine they would have a couple large hovercraft things with defensive stations abit like a ufo but without a roof to it, and no salvageable engine. Two of them side by side or something like that. This would be intimidating enough to locals and they'd cough up whatever info the marauders want.

Id like to collect the loot from them out in the field without letting them near my base. In fact id like to collect loot from the Entire Band of marauders. There should be a way to forcibly land on them without killing them. Maybe give them 15 hp instead of 1 so that a hit from an autocannon can lock them down for a combat. I forget whether they ever stop to "land" with a green x so that you could get a ground mission with them.

The inspiration comes from the Splogorth guy and the maiden slaves protecting him on his hovercraft from the game RIFTS. Its a searchable image, splugorth slaver barge.

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6578 on: January 05, 2019, 03:32:46 am »
Technically the ratman patrols do have a craft.  If you hit them with a tractor beam you go into ground combat with a landed tiny UFO and one ratman.  Granted it's probably just there for mechanical reasons rather than for flavor or whatever.

Offline sanyaskillpro

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6579 on: January 05, 2019, 03:37:44 am »

Id like to collect the loot from them out in the field without letting them near my base.
Do you really need the loot from ratmen by the time you can get an autocannon?

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6580 on: January 05, 2019, 04:32:49 am »
Do you really need the loot from ratmen by the time you can get an autocannon?
MONEY
KILLS
EXPERIENCE
and some points too
until mid 2nd year every drop is worth it to some degree

edit - being able to kill 5-8 ratman foot patrols at like 10 units strong each is 50-80 ratmen deaths, possible dog captures, and 5-8 missions where you can get bumps on stats with ladies. Its like xp grinding. And having them basically out in the open without your base architecture or farm houses giving them an advantage is kinda groovy.
mob leutenants are loot too
and ammo clips are kinda important loot
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 05:04:44 am by RSSwizard »

Offline Toothless Shark

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6581 on: January 05, 2019, 11:04:24 am »
Ratman missions - a place where i level up my throwing skills. Please keep them as they are.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6582 on: January 05, 2019, 02:01:25 pm »
Ratmen could get a boost in equipment later in the game just like the Megapol does. Perhaps not low tier plasmaguns, just some hunting lasers and the like would be enough to make them not a total pushovers.

Offline sanyaskillpro

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6583 on: January 05, 2019, 02:41:14 pm »
Its like xp grinding.
to be honest i think grinding should be reduced, not increased, of course the ratman patrols would be completely voluntary but then i don't see many people grinding 10 patrols and trying not to die from boredom
yeah if you play on 5th difficulty then every little bit matters but i'd rather play on 4th and avoid grinding, adding shakeup and gladiator training was a step in a right direction.

niculinux

« Reply #6584 on: January 05, 2019, 03:47:02 pm »
edit - being able to kill 5-8 ratman foot patrols at like 10 units strong each is 50-80 ratmen deaths, possible dog captures, and 5-8 missions where you can get bumps on stats with ladies. Its like xp grinding. And having them basically out in the open without your base architecture or farm houses giving them an advantage is kinda groovy.
mob leutenants are loot too
and ammo clips are kinda important loot

I agree but the only benefit i think it's some xp; oatroks usually would not carry money and they use pretty low tech weapons that give trouble only in the beginning. The sole thingh to fear are the flintock they carry, and nit all if them AFSIK assaulting their villages.