Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3612996 times)

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J9 - 24 Nov - Needs More Muskets
« Reply #6435 on: November 28, 2018, 01:33:41 am »
15 turns and two enemies left.

magus1

« Reply #6436 on: November 28, 2018, 02:13:44 am »
The bughunt seems for me to always appear with 2 enemies - I remember being told that the enemies going insane helps it occur.

I just finished the space freighter mission. It took three evenings - the bughunt began when there was just a robot and a guy with a cattle prod left. 105 dead.

Some very nice loot though. Can we have a dancing banana emoji?

One thing, I needed to upgrade to J9 but I finished the mission I was in first; I was wondering if finishing an on-going mission before upgrading is a sensible thing to always do so you prevent crashes...

Love,

Maggie

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #6437 on: November 28, 2018, 03:57:33 am »
Upgrading a campaign is best done during a Geoscape save.  That way you avoid crashes if items were changed and (ie, new gunshot sound, but the save is still looking for the old one).   The other consideration is that its nice to do it before you begin a new month.  The beginning of the month handles all the mission generation for that month and upgrading before the month change allows any newer missions to be in the spawning pool.

Offline null-painter

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6438 on: November 29, 2018, 03:15:56 am »
Hi Dioxine!

Long time lurker and fan here - both of xpiratez and your general demeanor. You make us something amazing for free and even respond to insane bullshit  posts creatively (I've pissed myself and been encouraged to research history from your responses :o).

Anyways, other than praise, wanted to mention a typo "strenght" in bootypedia for Wierdness - if typo reports are welcome. If not, just the praise!

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: November 29, 2018, 04:16:10 am »
I recently found out i could right-click on stuff when buying/selling to see what that item is used for in manufacturing. As such, have items without dependencies any utility other than just selling? As an example, i happened upon a shadow lamp that then researched, but it doesn't have any dependencies (not hidden either) and already has been researched. So can i just sell it, even though its an artifact?

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6440 on: November 29, 2018, 01:00:00 pm »
I recently found out i could right-click on stuff when buying/selling to see what that item is used for in manufacturing. As such, have items without dependencies any utility other than just selling? As an example, i happened upon a shadow lamp that then researched, but it doesn't have any dependencies (not hidden either) and already has been researched. So can i just sell it, even though its an artifact?

If I remember correctly I've checked "research tree" for this item and it didn't showed anything further (research, or item), so I guess yes, you can sell it. Maybe in this new version it's changed.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6441 on: November 29, 2018, 07:08:05 pm »
Another oddity i just happened upon was a medium-sized megapol craft that i shot down and assaulted with gals. Everything was going just fine, i was taking cover behind my ship and killing wolf-men pig-men and the big brutes left and right. Then at one point when there are no enemies near my ship, i send one team forward to assault from one side while another takes cover behind the ship, out of sight. I click end turn, and my team that was taking cover spontaneously blows up. That whole team is severely injured and one of my high-health gals in warrior armor is even killed outright from full hp. Neither me or my enemies had thrown a grenade, and i hadn't primed and dropped any explosives either...so what happened?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6442 on: November 29, 2018, 07:09:28 pm »
Probably engines exploded. Watch out if they're not on fire.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6443 on: November 29, 2018, 08:11:12 pm »
Haha, i didn't know that was a feature...Well, one of of utterly blind gals MIGHT have fucked around with an incendiary grenade and accidentally lit the entire roof of my purple turtle on fire:D

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6444 on: November 30, 2018, 12:34:39 am »
I had a similar experience, from a ratman firing a scorpion. A stray bullet hit the left engine on the roof of the turtle, it caught fire and exploded a few turns later.

Offline arbee81

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6445 on: November 30, 2018, 03:19:00 am »

Items required for buildings don't show up in the dependencies yet.  Most of that stuff has plenty of other really nice uses anyway, so it's not a big deal.  You probably wouldn't want to sell them unless desperate or you have a lot, but there are at least 2 that don't.  One is boom fruit, the other is used to make the printer.  One other thing to keep in mind is some items might not be fully implemented yet, or may be tied to research in a future version, so it's a good idea to keep 1 of any uncommon items you find tucked away somewhere if you have the space

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J9 - 24 Nov - Needs More Muskets
« Reply #6446 on: November 30, 2018, 12:36:46 pm »
this game (mod) will be oneday awesome, ^^~~2020 ~~ 40, just excellent

already is

magus1

« Reply #6447 on: December 02, 2018, 01:00:21 am »
Hi Peeps, I have a Tank Bombard, a gyrocopter and a Drakkar with some Lokk'naars hanging about with nothing to do. How can I equip Drakkar with the tank or gyro? Or do I need a bigger boat?

Love,

Maggie

Offline Negative

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6448 on: December 02, 2018, 06:02:38 pm »
I have just converted Dr. X to vampire, Reserched her, got "revive Dr. X" production and... what next? Everything researched, she lies in base storage - how can I "use" her?

I have just converted Dr. X to vampire, Reserched her, got "revive Dr. X" production and... what next? Everything researched, she lies in base storage - how can I "use" her?
Just equip them as the armor. Not in craft equipment screen, but from base menu.

posts merged - Dioxine
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 08:00:49 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6449 on: December 02, 2018, 06:09:43 pm »
They still take up auxiliary slots though, iirc.