Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609258 times)

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J8 - 19 Oct - Mixed Bag
« Reply #6390 on: November 17, 2018, 04:37:48 pm »
Check your Pedia matey.

If you mean here https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Piratez then i already have. There's only one entry and that only describes its protections, weight and size, but not the other bonuses. But that's besides the point because it would be a lot more handy to have the entry in the in-game bootypedia (which doesn't seem to be there), and more importantly, let me know about potential tech dependancies (and ways to reproduce etc.)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #6391 on: November 17, 2018, 05:09:09 pm »
If you mean here https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Piratez then i already have.

No... The actual Pedia. Not some online website.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6392 on: November 17, 2018, 05:28:16 pm »
No... The actual Pedia. Not some online website.

But i already did and can't find it, and it's not in the research menu either

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6393 on: November 17, 2018, 05:57:38 pm »
But i already did and can't find it, and it's not in the research menu either

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6394 on: November 17, 2018, 06:20:10 pm »
I just checked again and there it was...am i just blind as a bat, or is there a dependancy that must be met before it shows up in the bootypedia (maybe that you have to use it for at least one mission?)

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6395 on: November 17, 2018, 07:06:17 pm »
I just checked again and there it was...am i just blind
This forum is created to help you and me and thousands of other guys to understand the basics of the OpenXCom UI and mechanics. So please keep on learning like we all do!  :)

To the topic: there are two types of items - the ones already known, like the admirals outfit and the musketon and ones to be found (squeezed from the enemy bodies) and researched!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:11:46 pm by Abyss »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6396 on: November 17, 2018, 07:24:07 pm »
I just checked again and there it was...am i just blind as a bat, or is there a dependancy that must be met before it shows up in the bootypedia (maybe that you have to use it for at least one mission?)

There isn't such a dependency. The article is unlocked the moment Gold Codex is first researched, along with articles on all other stuff you will get with it.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6397 on: November 17, 2018, 07:56:50 pm »
There isn't such a dependency. The article is unlocked the moment Gold Codex is first researched, along with articles on all other stuff you will get with it.

Ahh that explains it, because i got the admiral outfit as soon as i selected the gold path, but i didn't reseach the Gold Codex until later, which explains why i couldn't find the entry.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6398 on: November 19, 2018, 08:50:31 pm »
I've noticed several times where an enemy has his back to me, then i shoot at him or melee him a bit, and walk away...he hasn't seen me at all so far. But then while i'm walking away, he suddenly does a 180 and fires at me. Why does this happen and why don't my gals do the same?

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6399 on: November 19, 2018, 09:45:50 pm »
I've noticed several times where an enemy has his back to me, then i shoot at him or melee him a bit, and walk away...he hasn't seen me at all so far. But then while i'm walking away, he suddenly does a 180 and fires at me. Why does this happen and why don't my gals do the same?
Once you shoot/attack an enemy, he can "see" you. If you then do an action that is worthy of a reaction check (like walking), it triggers. Since this is after attacking, your TU is likely to be very low and thus the reaction check succeeds.
Your Gals act the same. Just keep more TU in reserve to experience it. ;)

Offline panzertoter

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6400 on: November 19, 2018, 10:14:54 pm »
Hi, I already posted it in crash and bug forum section, do sorry for spam: After I try to load cyberdisc/hmg onto my craft (AUX capable) game crashes.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J8 - 19 Oct - Mixed Bag
« Reply #6401 on: November 19, 2018, 10:27:02 pm »
so oookk,
well,
im going to make some fine, top -ultimate (power) armor, / ("leather, /or "chain" armorĀ“ed clothes - just similar, in style like of

http://www.svetmightandmagic.cz/mmvi/mmvi_zbroje.php#02

where i shwould begin ?  what files i need to start edit ?

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6402 on: November 19, 2018, 10:49:06 pm »
Shouldn't you need Baby Nukes for the timed version? I've never seen a Baby Nuke in my current game and got Uranium Weapons Documentation from an Old Earth book, which means I can research timed Baby Nukes.
I know that it is pretty useless, but it seems wrong that I can do that at all.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6403 on: November 20, 2018, 02:29:52 pm »
It makes sense, you know the schematics of one, you know how to do soemthing relatively trivial as to rig it with a timer. Why would you waste research on it at all even when you have a stockpile of nukes is another question entirely.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6404 on: November 20, 2018, 11:17:33 pm »
But I do not know the schematics of one. I know what nukes are, because I read a book about them, but I have never seen one. Baby Nuke itself is not researched yet. (or even an option, as I haven't seen one yet)