Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3689148 times)

Offline jmf

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] Piratez Extended - 0.95A - 3 Oct - Star Gods' Revenge
« Reply #930 on: October 12, 2015, 10:04:38 pm »
Well, for one thing, this gal is not assigned to any base nor traveling to any base.
is okay i replaced her stats and looks with other hand and that do the trick.

PD: what happen yesterday?, the page went down or something?

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: October 12, 2015, 10:26:35 pm »
PD: what happen yesterday?, the page went down or something?

Alien infiltrators attempted to sabotage XCom.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #932 on: October 12, 2015, 10:48:03 pm »
2 - The Harpy's Nest got attacked by a boarding torpedo and a very fun battle followed, but I noticed something in your base defenses (and terrors to some extent): The variety in enemy units plays a lot against the AI. In this case, it was traders, and between GOs, Hostesses, Pilots and engineers, I was able to panic the enemy easily with casualties and keep them from being too much of a threat.

You get attacked by factions you shoot down. This could be edited (by expanding the factions and indulging in extensive ruleset juggling), but I really doubt it is worth the amount of work (and drastically increased probability of weird bugs, since I would have to use really crazy deployment arrangements) involved. I'm planning to do that anyway, but just for 'passengers'. Otherwise it cannot be done without changing the code.

As for the pogroms, yeah, some of them are easy on purpose.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: October 12, 2015, 11:25:54 pm »
What I meant is not really about the factions that retaliate. I know you get attacked by what you shot down and that's fine (until the traders decide to hire mercs to attack my base, then I'll be in trouble! ;)).

My comment was more about the way deployments are typically made (few high ranks, a certain number of terror units and a swarm of low rank), which works against the AI (and immersion) in Piratez, compared to vanilla.

There isn't that much of a difference between ranks in vanilla aliens (with the exception of sectoids because of psi), so having lots of low ranks works. In Piratez, certain ranks are significantly weaker than others combat-wise, and indeed not really combat personnel. That gives a different experience. If you see a floater medic, you're not sighing in relief at not having seen a soldier, but if you see a trader hostess, you totally are relieved compared to seeing a security guard. That works well when you raid a crashed/landed ship: it's normal to see a bunch of civilians because they weren't planning to get attacked.

So I was suggesting to lower the number of hostess/GO/pilot (maybe engineers too) ranks and increasing the others in the deployments for base attacks. This reduces the number of "easy" targets to mess up their morale but most importantly makes it feel like they are actually mounting an attack on you with proper combat troops in their attack craft instead of bringing the civvies on a tour.

Offline just_dont

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: October 12, 2015, 11:40:09 pm »
Well, at least there's a time-based progression for that, my late-game (Jan 2nd year) base defenses had the only "non-combat" unit being a trade rep (one per entire army), others were all security/pest control guys/bodyguards.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #935 on: October 13, 2015, 12:14:03 am »
Hmm, this is a good point, but then, ranks vary amongst the races as well. While rank 4 is usually security personnel, rank 5 can either be a totally expected pest controller, or unarmored academician. Rank 3 is either medic, or Bodyguard... Even more importantly, hostess is rank 7 which is usually a terror unit. There is simply not enough ranks to cover the entirety of functions you find in Piratez (I think some sort of unification would be possible, but at the price of variation... you can have > 8 ranks now, after all). Although I think I can adjust this at least a bit (a slight problem being that hideout attack crew has to be the same as Cruiser crew, for continuity reasons...).

In short this is major work and I have a lot of things that have a higher priority now...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 12:16:26 am by Dioxine »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: October 13, 2015, 02:03:25 am »
No worries ;) I just thought it was worthy of mentioning. With the increased number of ranks, it might be possible to make a more uniformed deployments, eventually..!

For now, the gals will welcome any GO/Academician/Hostess who wants to join the party! Too bad I had an undermanned crew and nobody carrying sun stuff.

Offline jmf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: October 13, 2015, 05:49:10 am »
Gretting, after getting my game good to go and lost many hairs in failed mutant progroms i took my time for something i wanted to do, i'm not game artist but i enjoy it anyway: fan designs, my time was short so i could do one but i tihnk is enough to see if people like it, i don't know if there is a place of art in the forum, but since is related to Dioxine's mod i think it's fitting to put it here

Tl:DR : i'm doing fan armor designs
i wanted to start redesigning the initial hand clothes for a more fitting vibe, but i got a biker attire, and that's about it you can kick me now

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: October 13, 2015, 07:17:38 am »
haha nice work! That looks like smokey armor to me!

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: October 13, 2015, 07:21:45 am »
Keep advancing my late game with the mod ...and I found a CTD situation I'd like to share. Currently:
Spoiler:
I'm waiting for a Star God Coordinator in (I though inside) a Cruiser, and this ship showed up, heading to one of my bases for an attack.

The problem is the game crashes to the desktop right after the hideout defenses firing sequence ended. I don't know what is causing the crash. I don't know if it is a map bug or some other kind of bug. See attached for my save game.

After playing with the save game I managed to "land" the SG cruiser and it was full of those purple-spitting pesky cyclops that refuse to die and don't bring much loot (a.k.a silver coins).

Where I can find a SG Coordinator? Base only?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #940 on: October 13, 2015, 09:47:51 am »
i wanted to start redesigning the initial hand clothes for a more fitting vibe, but i got a biker attire, and that's about it you can kick me now

Nice :3 It is actually possible to add alternate versions of "unarmored" that could be freely switched, but yeah, takes work...

Keep advancing my late game with the mod ...and I found a CTD situation I'd like to share. Currently:

I'll investigate this.

And to answer your question: no, he can be found on a Cruiser. Just not with this particular crew.

EDIT: the crash is caused by VooDoo Rod; they're discontinued as standalone items (only available as a part of Witch outfit now). Sell them and everything will be fine.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 09:59:36 am by Dioxine »

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #941 on: October 13, 2015, 11:14:12 am »
I started working on the wiki with flintlocks and muskets.

Does the melee attack on the bayoneted musket seems easy to read for you?
https://bootypedia.wikia.com/wiki/Bayoneted_Musket

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: October 13, 2015, 12:39:07 pm »
I think this mod on its own is a lot of work. Credit to the developer and contributors. I am as lost as I was on the first day. What is the optimum equipment i.e. vessel, weapons, armor. I normally go in all guns blazing but damn ..

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #943 on: October 13, 2015, 01:57:22 pm »
I started working on the wiki with flintlocks and muskets.

Does the melee attack on the bayoneted musket seems easy to read for you?
https://bootypedia.wikia.com/wiki/Bayoneted_Musket

Thanks for the help! But I'm fairly sure this melee info can be added through the weapon template itself (I'm at work now, so can't check). But don't worry, I'll fix it later today if it needs fixing.

Goddamn, Piratez fan art. And a really nice one too.

EDIT: THose walker bots made by Miguel... I wonder if they can be used for the Technocracy, or some cyberpunkish government/faction? :) (I think it's planned to have slight variations between governments, based on regions.)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 02:05:01 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #944 on: October 13, 2015, 02:22:46 pm »
EDIT: THose walker bots made by Miguel... I wonder if they can be used for the Technocracy, or some cyberpunkish government/faction? :) (I think it's planned to have slight variations between governments, based on regions.)

D/w I definitely want to add stuff based on Miguel's resources, too cool to pass :3