Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3683129 times)

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J8 - 19 Oct - Mixed Bag
« Reply #6300 on: November 01, 2018, 12:30:39 am »

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J8 - 19 Oct - Mixed Bag
« Reply #6301 on: November 01, 2018, 01:17:51 am »
At this stage of this mod, I think all of this is known.
I speak literally not about the player, but gals and a Captain.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6302 on: November 01, 2018, 02:48:11 am »
Divulges meta-knowledge (immersion break), there is no space for such description, new mission types would break it, etc, etc. Also would have to be done by hand, so gl finding willing slaves.

So far I'm at the mercy of the wiki info (Vessel Environment Matrix) to decide if this or that craft is worth to build.

On one hand, I see the issues of immersion break for certain missions, present and future, if that info is readily available in the ANAL tab or even the vessel description.

On the other hand, general knowledge if a certain craft can reach some missions is beneficial, since it's expensive in game days (and time IRL) to get a craft that can reach space, or underwater, or some infiltration missions.

I believe the general criteria in the game is somewhere like: electric vessels cannot go to space, but are generally inconspicuous enough to perform most infiltration missions. Most Hellerium vessels can go to space if they can attain certain velocity or acceleration (escape velocity?). Some vessels with doors can go underwater. Additional exceptions can be done on specific vessels.

Spoiler:
My current fleet is: Fortuna as the main all-around landing craft. Nightmares for interception and the occasional easy ground mission. Sabres for interception and that single mission aboard the Academy cruise ship where charm resistance is a must (I used a Jetbike before, I have yet to try the Sabre on this one). One Air speeder for the occasional Air race mission (or to assist shooting other vessels), as it's the fastest non-Hellerium powered vessel available. I still have a Snake that I plan to retire soon. I believe I'm missing one mission type I cannot reach.

I'm looking for an all around vessel that can replace the Fortuna and is fast enough to catch up with Space Freighters and can perform underwater or mansion missions. So far the Deliverator appears to fulfill all check marks, except that the troop complement is rather small. The previous mission was done with a Nightmare, and the play honoured the craft name...

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6303 on: November 01, 2018, 05:26:24 am »
You don't need any other craft for space, becouse Kraken is multi-purpose:
Underwater: Check
Mansion: Check
Space: Check
Layout: Great layout to defend yourself from inside. Only one ground entrenance that is protected from 3 sides by craft itself. Exit on "first" level and doors inside keep anything melee based away from your gals.
Capacity: Decent. 8 gals, no 2x2 units.
And what's best: You can get it regardless of choosed Codex.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6304 on: November 01, 2018, 06:43:30 am »
Thanks for the advice. I never tried the Kraken for anything, specially turtling upon landing. Maybe I'll build one just for fun.

Spoiler:
In the early part of my current campaign I used to camp inside the Airbus and hit the enemies with two dedicated meele gals (with Bardiche, and later Vibro-Axes), who will chop any enemy close enough. The rest of the gals were on medikit, Aye-phone, or grog duty. I kept the Airbus for way longer that I should. I switched to the Pachyderm for a bit before getting the Fortune from the Grey Codex.

Now, I suppose I'm a bit advanced on the campaign. On the Fortuna, I carry the best five gals (that are not wounded) and two gals in vehicles (either car with HMG/PS or Tank 60AC w/HVAP rounds, and even Tank H-Las). Now, wearing the Annihilator suit, the gals are much less vulnerable to Voodoo, and can handle their own (read: not die) against Star Gods, Sectopods, CMs, and the like. Their main weapons are the Death Blossom w/HVAP rounds, and Vibro-Ax. Their complement include a neural whip, stimms, aye-phones, healing gel, pre-primed knockout and EMP grenades.

The Fortuna does everything I need, except that is not fast enough to catch up with Space Freighters. For that, the minimum speed needs to be 3000, if I remember correctly. My only available craft was a Nightmare when the mission spawned. But the craft only carries 3 crew. The grind was a nightmare. At least the killing of so many enemies kept the gals morale high.

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6305 on: November 01, 2018, 12:32:19 pm »
The Kraken is really really slow, it's great for tanking all the damage when you have to use multiple interceptors.  It takes a bit of practice to use it, I've missed more than a few interceptions due to it being so slow.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6306 on: November 01, 2018, 03:48:14 pm »
Kraken can't catch Space Freighters if I remember correctly. The Dragon, however, can. You'll still need something else for Air Races, though. A Codex craft with STC speed upgrades (either Fusion or Ethyr Drives) does nicely for that.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6307 on: November 02, 2018, 02:32:56 am »
I have yet to try the Sabre on this one

It'll work just fine; the counselor mission's only restriction is one single gal only, so the only ships that can land there are the Jetbike, Rail Pod, and Sabre.

Offline Hadza

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6308 on: November 02, 2018, 10:10:20 pm »
It's somewhat counterintuitive that spaceworthy vessels can't reach a space freighter (until after you get the prompt). Prepped a Prospector full of gals to take on one, am disappoint :c

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #6309 on: November 02, 2018, 10:34:44 pm »
what ist *Zubrin ? ?

{ 9,999    1    9,999 *    333    200    0    0    0    None    None    50    0    0    None    8/1 }

?

some teleport.portal, or such ?

--- posts merged ---

and Dragon    Yes    Yes    Yes    Yes 

cwould be able to go also to Cydonia, Mars..
(and has got Armor at least 15 [mal by mat Armor nejmín 15, najmenej] ,   not only 6, as now..
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 06:33:49 pm by LytaRyta »

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6310 on: November 02, 2018, 11:50:42 pm »
It's somewhat counterintuitive that spaceworthy vessels can't reach a space freighter (until after you get the prompt). Prepped a Prospector full of gals to take on one, am disappoint :c
You need to have at least 3000 speed to catch up to it. You think it's just gonna wait for you? ;)

what ist *Zubrin ? ?
The Zubrin is the "low" tech Mars assault vessel.

cwould be able to go also to Cydonia, Mars..
(and has got Armor at least 15, not only 6, as now..
Dragon shouldn't be able to go to Cydonia as that's reserved for special crafts. Also, the armor's fine from my point of view - they are not meant to solo a Battleship.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6311 on: November 02, 2018, 11:57:32 pm »
The Zubrin is your discount ticket to Mars if you don't feel like waiting for the Conqueror or think you can win the game with only 8 (maybe) gals.  I've never tried using it in a regular mission.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6312 on: November 03, 2018, 12:12:04 pm »
The Zubrin is your discount ticket to Mars if you don't feel like waiting for the Conqueror or think you can win the game with only 8 (maybe) gals.  I've never tried using it in a regular mission.

I just built the Zubrin as a test if I can make it to Cydonia with a small number of gals.
Spoiler:
Out of the 8 seats, only 5 show for battle. This means the last 3 gals are MIA. Better fill the craft with 5 gals only.
The test mission was a disaster.
I managed to BFG my way to the pyramid entrance. Only Mercs protecting the surface. No biggie. I forgot to bring something to keep the morale up.
Now inside, it's all SGs, and their hateful one-shot-kiills-you Sectopods. Not enough ammo to move around. And with so many SG Coordinators, my gals, which were rated 50+ in Voodoo, were easily MCd. They didn't made it far near the Brain. Lost the test game.
I reloaded. I still have the Zubrin. Maybe I'll try again when I research all the plasma weapon tech and the Flechette MCs. I'm playing in Jack Sparrow level.
Something I noted on the Brain level, is my gals started with almost no TUs on the first turn. I read that's a bug, or is it a mod feature?

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #6313 on: November 03, 2018, 07:51:07 pm »

@CC (catch) hehe)
@BBHood

well, but why such so much,_so too hight speed ? ( 9999+,
10k km/h

(..in the meanings of .."settings, .."environments of this game, and
..and in compare to others vehicles, of th game

if it is ´mean to be cheap, /prototype ..Mars mission vehicle (ship
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 09:12:34 pm by LytaRyta »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6314 on: November 03, 2018, 08:48:25 pm »
snip
Something I noted on the Brain level, is my gals started with almost no TUs on the first turn. I read that's a bug, or is it a mod feature?

Multi stage missions inherit the state of your units when you transition. So if you press the button to transfer at the end of a turn with TU/energy expended, those carry over.

And the zubrin does randomly remove some of the gals you send, x% chance to survive per gal, its the price of using a shoddy low tech way to end the game. The zubrin exists expressly as a greater challenge in trade for a shorter game. Use at your own risk.