aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3659430 times)

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J7 - 25 Sep - It Can't Go Wrong
« Reply #6150 on: October 13, 2018, 08:24:49 pm »
:D

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6151 on: October 13, 2018, 08:54:47 pm »
I start to really regret adding these sandbags...

Forget what I said. Please don't remove/nerf them!

The sandbags are essential for my battles, as they provided a surviving chance to vehicles.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6152 on: October 13, 2018, 08:57:07 pm »
Damn, those smugglers can really get a lot of juice out of their engine. So quick in such a large ship with just one is not too shabby.

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6153 on: October 14, 2018, 02:24:00 am »
Damn, those smugglers can really get a lot of juice out of their engine. So quick in such a large ship with just one is not too shabby.

They can make the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs!

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6154 on: October 14, 2018, 05:07:28 am »
Plasma Caster locks:
Plasma Blunderbuss
  Light Plasma Gun
  Armor Piercing Lasers
    X-Plasma Weapons

I've gotten all of those, so obviously the caster exists in the game somewhere.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6155 on: October 14, 2018, 08:43:25 am »
I've gotten all of those, so obviously the caster exists in the game somewhere.
Well, I've gotten Plasma Blunderbuss and Light Plasma Gun because I've continued playing from an earlier version. Is it the same for you or did you start fresh with 99J7?

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6156 on: October 14, 2018, 01:02:09 pm »
Nah, the playthrough where I got all that tech was from v0.99J2-J4.  Haven't played since then.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6157 on: October 14, 2018, 11:26:04 pm »
By the way, do shields stack?
Either craft or personal shields, do they stack?
Spoiler:
Like my craft (say Snake) has shields by default, but if I add a heavy shield, I should have more, right?
Same with armors/suits that have shields, and then I add another hand-held shield on top.

magus1

« Reply #6158 on: October 14, 2018, 11:28:03 pm »
Sandbag? A Sandbag?!!! (paraphrasing "The Importance of Being Earnest".

:)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #6159 on: October 15, 2018, 12:39:41 am »
By the way, do shields stack?
Either craft or personal shields, do they stack?

Craft shields stack, as shield HP is all drawn from the same 'pool'.  Regeneration is the same, there's only a single regeneration stat per craft, so it applies to the full shield HP pool.

Personal shields and shields on armor do not stack in the same sense, they're all separate code-wise.  They will still all work though - when a unit is hit, personal shield items in your hands are considered first, then once those are depleted any power leftover has to contend with shields on the unit's armor.  For example, if an incoming projectile has 100 power, and you have a hand-held shield with 25 points left and an armor shield with 100 points left, the hand-held shield will be depleted and your armor shield will take 75 points of damage but still hold.

Offline Drasizard

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J7 - 25 Sep - It Can't Go Wrong
« Reply #6160 on: October 16, 2018, 02:23:26 am »
Doing an assault on the guild base and nothing is so much as scratching the Guildmaster. Were they buffed recently because he's tanking panzerfaust hits to the back with zero damage when one is enough to kill a Marsec Bodyguard.

Any recommended can openers anyone would like to suggest at different points in the game? Or a reliable way to capture power armored foes beyond hope you don't kill them in one go?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 02:27:04 am by Drasizard »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #6161 on: October 16, 2018, 02:34:19 am »
Doing an assault on the guild base and nothing is so much as scratching the Guildmaster. Were they buffed recently because he's tanking panzerfaust hits to the back with zero damage when one is enough to kill a Marsec Bodyguard.

Any recommended can openers anyone would like to suggest at different points in the game? Or a reliable way to capture power armored foes beyond hope you don't kill them in one go?

The Guildmasters have a massive shield that is soaking up the damage from your panzer faust.  You can see this as the color flash on the battle sprite.  Once you reduce it enough, you will then only be dealing with his incredibly souped up power armor. 

I like voodoo for these targets.  I was able to take one down with 3 shots from a Wand of Pain in my earliest encounter with them, in this campaign.  Seduction can be super strong too.

Offline Drasizard

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6162 on: October 16, 2018, 02:45:49 am »
The Guildmasters have a massive shield that is soaking up the damage from your panzer faust.  You can see this as the color flash on the battle sprite.  Once you reduce it enough, you will then only be dealing with his incredibly souped up power armor. 

I like voodoo for these targets.  I was able to take one down with 3 shots from a Wand of Pain in my earliest encounter with them, in this campaign.  Seduction can be super strong too.

Sadly no Voodoo yet. Do his resistances work for his shield and do enemy personal shields regenerate because I've knocked out Reverends before and when they got back up they still had the shiny shield effect on their sprite. When I look at my hits using ctrl-h to chech for damage does damage to shields not count because I'm just getting 0's
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 02:50:07 am by Drasizard »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6163 on: October 16, 2018, 05:48:39 am »
Shields dont benefit from the underlying armor's resists, they have there own, explained in pedia articles. And they do regen, in pedia enemy exam topics sheilds are listed in the following format: max capacity/regen per turn (type).

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6164 on: October 16, 2018, 06:31:07 am »
When I look at my hits using ctrl-h to chech for damage does damage to shields not count because I'm just getting 0's
Yes, damage to shields is displayed as zero in the hit log.