aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3611238 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99F.1 - 13 Feb - Slave Wars
« Reply #4125 on: February 28, 2017, 10:16:03 pm »
The trip to the roof does take several turns from spawn. Realistically you only have about 20 turns to loot the map. Which is fine for grabbing the most valuable items(treasure chests, uranium) but forces you to leave the bulk of the wealth behind since most of it is in cash bags and money purses scattered across the 2nd and third floors dozens of tiny rooms. On average a mansion has about 4-5 million worth of loot but getting out with more then 1-1.5 is pretty hard aside from full clear.

That was the idea. The items you mention are far more valuable than their market worth; also with late game tech, 32 turns is far more than enough to do a full clear, either through Magical Girl spotting or Destructor armor killing speed.
The worst thing about mansion mission was its length, which was making it super-tedious. Timer takes care of exactly that.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: February 28, 2017, 11:34:54 pm »
Time spent i do agree on. But the mid game income drop combined with increased investment cost of air combat due to shields has really hurt the flow in my opinion. Early income also takes a hit from the new rank salary system further slowing growth. New base investment costs are up as well. My current campaign has exhausted the tech tree long before i can put much of it to use because of production bottlenecking. The runts are to busy keeping ordnance flowing and replacing gear to be able to devote much time to industrial expansion.

There is a distinct feeling of "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy."

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4127 on: March 01, 2017, 04:46:24 am »
Hah, it's called balancing.

Next version there will be a major shift again, since a monetary bonus, directly dependant on the score, will be added (at the cost of lower base income).

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: March 01, 2017, 05:20:55 am »
Sounds excellent. More tied to monthly score is a good shift. At present score being consistently positive is the only real target.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99E.2 - 18 Nov - Dead in Space 2
« Reply #4129 on: March 01, 2017, 03:06:47 pm »
Thanks for that. I guess I tend to ignore most of the options because a lot of them effect the game rules (rather than just the interface). I still think it would be helpful if we could open the pilots screen directly when we're told the ship doesn't have enough pilots assigned.

You can now open the Craft Info screen directly.
(not opening the Pilots directly, because you'll anyway need to assign some crew first and then designate them as pilots)

Offline tylor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: March 01, 2017, 08:10:56 pm »
I never got HP damage from the cold. Most armors protect against it. IMO it adds nice flavor. Clothes were designed to fight temp.
IRL Jungles can be hotter than deserts.
Even tundra can be hotter than desert, depending on daytime and season.
My reasoning is that A) arctic and desert are clearly color-coded, unlike tundra and jungles and b) not as widespread, so severe weather is exception, not rule.

Maybe it's just my playstyle, but I like using skimpy clothes (such as Amazon or Camo), and I hate reequipping and reshuffling teams. If I usually requip once in three missions, and have extreme weather once in three missions, then I have to reequip three times more (because have to switch gear from normal to protective and then back).

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: March 01, 2017, 09:36:11 pm »
How does one make SuperSlave? I have made the costume and also made a slave soldier ...

Offline Nygmus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: March 01, 2017, 09:49:44 pm »
Expeditions are a cool little addition to the game. Props for that, Dioxine.

I've taken to using them to send a heavy squad to very early Pogroms. The fact that I can send a big squad without being constrained by the Aircar's range is nice, and it doesn't feel overpowered because you still have to deal with your Hands being tied up for days traveling and with not having any cover once you arrive.

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: March 01, 2017, 10:10:10 pm »
How does one make SuperSlave? I have made the costume and also made a slave soldier ...

Slave soldiers are now listed as crew members instead of auxiliaries. Assign the slave soldier to a craft and equip them with the desired armour as you would with normal hands.

Offline dessfoxx

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: March 01, 2017, 10:20:26 pm »
Hey I am having a bit of trouble with the current version. I meet all the material requirements of the interrogation manufacture project that lets you recruit castaway girls, but for some reason it does not let me start the project.
The requirements are:
Soylent
Moonshine
Mutant Meat
Rare Earth Elements
Castaway Gal

I have all these items, I have space in my living quarters, and the project shows that it can be done, but when I click on it, my only option is the "begone" button. Also most of my crew just got killed by werewolves, so suddenly this is pretty important to my campaign.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: March 01, 2017, 10:24:04 pm »
Hi dessfoxx,

welcome to the forum!

Can you attach a save please so that I can have a look what's wrong?

Offline dessfoxx

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: March 01, 2017, 10:28:27 pm »
Sure

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: March 01, 2017, 10:42:15 pm »
Looks like you don't have any moonshine in the base.
Move some from the craft back to stores.

Offline dessfoxx

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: March 01, 2017, 11:07:48 pm »
Oops sorry. I'm playing ironman, so that save is like a minute behind. I already have the moonshine in my base.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: March 01, 2017, 11:25:44 pm »
Did you already order new recruits?
Does base info screen show enough living space?