Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N8 28-Apr-2024 Labyrinthus Noctis  (Read 3694416 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99A.1 - 31 Jul - Magical Commendations
« Reply #3060 on: August 09, 2016, 04:43:28 am »
Yeah, I'll try to relay all bits and pieces of mechanics through disk info (basics will be always covered in normal research).

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: August 09, 2016, 04:44:54 am »
Damn, I thought they would give me random technologies at some point; I've been tricked!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3062 on: August 09, 2016, 10:39:24 am »
Damn, I thought they would give me random technologies at some point; I've been tricked!

Well, they do. Discs may contain all kinds of information: weapons, missions, mechanics, historical facts...

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: August 10, 2016, 12:03:05 am »
Well, they do. Discs may contain all kinds of information: weapons, missions, mechanics, historical facts...

Cookies, viruses, trojans(computer, horse and rubber, sadly the culture doesn't show up), email from Nigerian princes, legitimate mail to other people and stock tips(600 years out of date).   ;D

Offline Starving Poet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: August 10, 2016, 12:30:38 am »
And a free 90 day trial for AOL.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: August 10, 2016, 12:33:54 am »
Can we add these?  I'd prefer if they didn't get in the way of actual stuff, but were potential extra messages about dealing with them.  Also preferably no actual negative results, the lab ought to be able to handle malware and the Brainers would probably backtrace the emails for raids, probably better to be entirely cosmetic.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: August 10, 2016, 12:47:17 am »
Can we add these?  I'd prefer if they didn't get in the way of actual stuff, but were potential extra messages about dealing with them.  Also preferably no actual negative results, the lab ought to be able to handle malware and the Brainers would probably backtrace the emails for raids, probably better to be entirely cosmetic.

I can imagine the Lab's AI to be extraordinarily suave, but absolutely merciless to plebeian software trying to invade his domain.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: August 10, 2016, 01:03:08 am »
Can we get flirty and/or disturbing messages from said AI?  Also, I'm still wondering where the androids and gynoids are.  Or why the spellchecker doesn't realize gynoid is a word.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: August 10, 2016, 01:09:15 am »
Can we get flirty and/or disturbing messages from said AI?

Yeah, like

Also, I'm still wondering where the androids and gynoids are.

Probably in Technocracy, catering to every need of the elites. I mean every need.

Or why the spellchecker doesn't realize gynoid is a word.

Patriarchate ho!

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: August 10, 2016, 02:34:39 am »
Can we get flirty and/or disturbing messages from said AI?  Also, I'm still wondering where the androids and gynoids are.  Or why the spellchecker doesn't realize gynoid is a word.

In the Technocracy presumably, where all the humanoid robots are; this and the Terminator jointly inspired my 'Repo Man/Goldman Sacks' lore. Since Goldman Sach's present day headquarters are in that vicinity (and they're phenomenally rich while in serious need of robust enforcers in the rough and tumble post-apocalypse), it makes sense that they would have access to the tech.

That said, I wonder if there is or will be a PirateZ take on the SELF faction from Apocalypse, presumably derived from the rogue AIs in the Technocracy.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 02:57:01 am by Surrealistik »

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #3070 on: August 10, 2016, 10:44:05 am »
Wow, that repo man is so OP I think they're better off killing the star gods and taking over their empire.

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: August 10, 2016, 11:26:17 am »
Wow, that repo man is so OP I think they're better off killing the star gods and taking over their empire.

The idea is that instead of outright losing when you have two consecutive months in the red (or when you fail to repay one of their loans), they come in endless waves to 'Repo' your bases and everything inside (including your Gals/personnel as to-be slaves); dead or alive, you're coming with them. Basically a soft lose condition until you either are crushed, or settle up and get out of the red.

More broadly lorewise, yeah, they _could_ try to leverage their Repo Men in conquest, but if they did, the Star Gods would take note, and not even they would stand a chance against the combined might of the Mercenaries and Star God armadas; the Empire is vast and even if somehow ultimately successful on Earth at opposing their rule despite their lack of air/space power, they have no way of dealing with the crushing retaliation that would be sure to come with such open rebellion (which might include the planet's wholesale destruction if they were deemed enough of a threat), or at the very least, that's how they figure. Better to keep a low profile and make shit tons of credits instead; you'll live longer.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 11:31:46 am by Surrealistik »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: August 10, 2016, 11:31:08 am »
More broadly lorewise, yeah, they _could_ try to leverage their Repo Men in conquest, but if they did, the Star Gods would take note, and not even they stand a chance against the combined might of the Mercenaries and Star God armadas; the Empire is vast and even if successful on Earth, they have no way of dealing with the crushing retaliation (which might include the planet's wholesale destruction if they were deemed enough of a threat). Better to keep a low profile and make shit tons of credits instead; you'll live longer.

I understand your point, but this position is already taken by the Factions - especially the Guild. Governments are pretty small and powerless in comparison.
Sure, they have plasma weapons and such, but it's no such a big deal - anyone can buy from Star Gods if they agree to sell. They don't maintain embargo on plasma weapons, but on their methods of production - they want to sell Elerium goods after all.

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: August 10, 2016, 11:33:53 am »
I understand your point, but this position is already taken by the Factions - especially the Guild. Governments are pretty small and powerless in comparison.
Sure, they have plasma weapons and such, but it's no such a big deal - anyone can buy from Star Gods if they agree to sell. They don't maintain embargo on plasma weapons, but on their methods of production - they want to sell Elerium goods after all.

Guild oversees and domineers the legit economy/white market; I see Goldman Sacks as owning most of the grey and _especially_ the black.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: August 10, 2016, 11:36:53 am »
Guild oversees and domineers the legit economy/white market; I see Goldman Sacks as owning most of the grey and _especially_ the black.

Why would the Guild limit itself like this? Even in our reality, corporations do whatever they want, in places they are allowed to. Why would the Guild be different? They are practically a monopolist.

I can see only two options for who Goldman Sacks are:
- either a part of the Guild (like Marsec),
- or a purely criminal organization, and such not really a threat to the big players.