aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609986 times)

Offline yotc

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99 - 7 Jun - First Impressions
« Reply #2685 on: June 13, 2016, 05:54:12 am »
But Research Stations are like a free Medic capture
I kept getting watchtowers and scorpion hunts and stuff like that, got my first one at the butt end of august which is where i finally snagged one.

Offline Spess Mahren

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: June 14, 2016, 10:03:06 am »
Liking the new progression so far, but could anyone tell me how to transfer items from one base to another?

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: June 14, 2016, 11:36:19 am »
Ship, in the base screen, unless something changed.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2688 on: June 14, 2016, 01:04:55 pm »
Ship, in the base screen, unless something changed.

Yeah, it's exactly the same place as in vanilla. "Ship" means shipping in the sense of carrying goods, not ships. However you can ship ships too:

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99 - 7 Jun - Escaped Lunatics!
« Reply #2689 on: June 14, 2016, 11:43:37 pm »
 ;D

Having clawed my way up to the endgame in two game years, and starting to hit the "grind" wall (clicking through scads of enemy contacts, starting the fuel capsule grind, waiting for who knows how long for the magical SGC to show up, etc.) I finally decided to "pause" the campaign and go back through and explore the new early game.

New Campaign, Veteran level, plopping the first hideout ("Bare Base") down in southern Greece for coverage of Europe and N. Africa. Set up the base for defense and start checking out the new gals.  All are sporting "tribal wear", interesting.  I laugh out loud at the "Escaped Lunatics" in the Monthly Report. :D

Minimal gear, cool. 6 in a crew? Fun! not too hard to equip them, anyone with 60 + firing gets a musket.  Weaklings get rapiers and cutlasses, some of the stronger gals get sabers and extra gear.  I make up some canteens, but realize they take a lot of space, we'll see.  Order 4 more hands, and a bit more equipment.  Survival comes in, while we are hearing quite a few rumors of enemy activity in Siberia and Asia.  Put the runts to making more gear, javelins at the top to give some of those gals something to toss.  The braintrust duo figures Hunting Bows might be a way to get more to eat as things seem kinda meager around here.  New hands arrive sporting some better gear (adventurer duds) so we spread that around a bit.

Then we get confirmed word of a village of nasty Ratmen in N. America.  Time to go investigate and see if something interesting can be turned up there. :)  The immediate impression of the maze of hovels, makes us feel like our crew is a bit sparse for this investigation but we spread out taking cover by fences and walls, hoping for the best.  Immediate contact with two rats that surprise us.  One gets taken out by reaction fire (the leader, no less, with a hipshot from a musket!) but the other gets real unfriendly-like a throws a knife that sticks in my gal!!  Patching up her four gaping wounds becomes the first major challenge.  Fortunately, one gal has a bandage and the little rat had another.  The joy of looting the enemy shoots dopamine into my cortex as I continue the operation.  So many of the gals are weak and out of shape, that its challenging to maintain a good pace while working through the warren!  My cannoneer, makes her way forward, and gets shot at from all sides. She takes out one brave rodent that approached by beating it senseless with the cannon then ducks back into cover.  A horrible growling roar however, tears in from behind her and her anguished scream is the last we heard of her. :( 

This is where I left my first session of the new campaign, and I have to say, it feels tremendous!! The early game innovations, Dioxine, are terrific!  The smaller set of equipment and trappings is great, as is the sheer joy of being able to loot an Ol' Revolver and know you just got a serious upgrade in fire power!  What a great experience!  Thanks!

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: June 16, 2016, 06:34:37 am »
Last version we could buy clothes, despite them being useless at that point, I assume finding a used clothes store is an early game thing, but I haven't found a reliable way to get the basic clothes yet, was that removed?

This is probably because I recently watch Mad Max, but the tribal outfit makes me think that there was a murdered warlord in the near past of the storyline.  :)  It also made me think that it might not be too hard to branch off of this mod to create an actual Mad Max storyline. I envision convoys of barely adequate souped up cars instead of shipping or your craft and difficult to come by ammunition, fuel, food and water. Maybe some way to do away with money altogether and require you to purchase things by barter.  Bases might require you to clear out the current warlord in residence and expanding to new continents would be a major hurdle.

Edit
Sorry if that last bit is not appropriate for this topic
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 06:39:03 am by khade »

Offline Spess Mahren

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: June 16, 2016, 12:09:44 pm »
In the fourth month of a new game and I'm wondering what ships qualify for the mansion mission. Would the pachy work?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: June 16, 2016, 02:38:49 pm »
As far as I understand, anything that uses hellerium will work for mansion missions, although I don't have any ship heavier that the Bonny.  The Pachyderm works great, as long as you've got the tactical chops to pull the job off with eight gals.

Offline yotc

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: June 17, 2016, 05:09:06 am »
I had to do a mansion mission with a hunter killer today...

2 girls, 33 kills, 0 wounds.  All hail the advanced laser pistols I stole from someone.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: June 17, 2016, 03:02:34 pm »
Hunter killer to a mansion mission? "You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought."

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2695 on: June 17, 2016, 06:00:42 pm »
Hunter killer to a mansion mission? "You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought."

I wish I could "Like" a post.
Or sig it.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: June 17, 2016, 09:34:34 pm »
Just finished my Destructor outfit after farming essence hard for it, put it on my VooDoo-skilled pirate queen.  First turn of assaulting a Reticulan outpost, decided why not annihilation bomb the first enemy in the entrance... and wow.  The walls are missing.  Absolutely worth stunning every one of those stupid possessed soldiers for the essence.

@Solarious Scorch I aim to please.

Offline Gunner-chan

• Sergeant
  • Kero kero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: June 18, 2016, 06:49:25 am »
Aren't terror missions supposed to not affect your rating till you contact the alliance? Because right now they're really killing my rating in my current game, leaving me really confused what I'm supposed to do right now.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: June 18, 2016, 07:29:50 am »
I was under the impression they didn't affect score if you completely ignored them until the research, but the touch-and-go method would still give the score penalty for civilians killed.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2699 on: June 18, 2016, 03:33:36 pm »
I was under the impression they didn't affect score if you completely ignored them until the research, but the touch-and-go method would still give the score penalty for civilians killed.

This is exactly how it works. You WILL get penalty if you touch-and-go.