Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3688335 times)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.98E - 30 Apr - Breathless in Cydonia
« Reply #2505 on: May 10, 2016, 05:52:40 pm »
That is a nice looking church. Look forward to blowing into tiny pieces. :p

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: May 10, 2016, 06:33:43 pm »
Love the church and the memories of Apocalypse's Temples it invokes.

Offline AncientSion

• Colonel
  • Ave Caesar, morituri te salutant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: May 10, 2016, 07:32:32 pm »
I would probably maybe support a Patreon. I think the idea is good. Its depends in the fees though. I dont like "donating" for something is the guy im supporting isnt receiving it all (think Twitch subs, 50 % cut).

Offline AncientSion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: May 10, 2016, 08:44:25 pm »
Early game improvements are slowly taking shape... Here's a preview of an Academy outpost, used to monitor mutants and 'examine' them :) Credit to Robin for his great tiles!

Also, i absolutly adore this mini-base. AWESOME. But how it will work ? Will it spawn on a pogrom like event, is it a Base Mission type once the base is uncovered ?

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: May 10, 2016, 08:49:05 pm »
Dude, you need to read previous posts before posting..!
I would probably maybe support a Patreon. I think the idea is good. Its depends in the fees though. I dont like "donating" for something is the guy im supporting isnt receiving it all (think Twitch subs, 50 % cut).
Yup, that's why you can use paypal to give money directly to Dioxine, as he outlined here.

Also, i absolutly adore this mini-base. AWESOME. But how it will work ? Will it spawn on a pogrom like event, is it a Base Mission type once the base is uncovered ?

Just a bit above:
Sweet! Is that supposed to be like a mini-base mission?
Yeah basically, or an immobile UFO, however you look at it :) You will get a marker anyways.

Offline AncientSion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: May 10, 2016, 09:13:17 pm »
Now i feel bad.
Why you do this? :(

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: May 10, 2016, 09:54:01 pm »
lol no need to feel bad! I was just giving you the information you seemed to be looking for.

And.. poking a bit of fun at you for missing it ;)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 09:56:46 pm by Arthanor »

Offline AncientSion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: May 10, 2016, 11:33:43 pm »
I was just joking. Of course you were right, i was skimming over some points, should have read more carefully tbh.

Offline Ashert

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: May 11, 2016, 04:23:51 am »

Meantime - 'raid the church' mission is taking shape...

Do not forget the right background sound! ;)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2514 on: May 11, 2016, 05:45:00 pm »
Yup, that's why you can use paypal to give money directly to Dioxine, as he outlined here.

Yeah that's the best reply to Mercy's post. Life Advice is the most abundant and least valuable resource while a few bucks are always welcome :)

Offline x60mmx

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: May 13, 2016, 07:07:29 am »
Couple things I noticed today.  Text error in the Bootypedia entry for the Assault Grenade Launcher, and I find the Sectopod image for Robot Disassembly a poor choice.  Would make more sense if it were an early robot so the player has likely seen it previously.  A late game unit for a topic that can be researched relatively early is weird.

Btw, tried to paypal ya today but paypal wasnt having it. :-/  Will try again tomorrow.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.98F - 13 May - Airbus Adventures
« Reply #2516 on: May 13, 2016, 07:34:06 pm »
I find the Sectopod image for Robot Disassembly a poor choice.

It's a placeholder :) But you're right, needs to be changed.

EDIT: New version is up!
More fixes, more changes - nothing REALLY new, but to those who don't play they might come as shocking - starting base that feels like it has fallen on really bad times, WORKING long distance view (thanks to Stian, Yankes & Meridian), and Bonaventura needs to be unlocked before being built. Other than that, new nuances here and there, biggest being changing how lasers deal damage (all have lost 20% power but gained 1/3rd armor penetration) or the refinery and new industrial manufacturing projects to CRANK OUT ONE DOLLAR MORE in late-mid to late game.

But what is sort of a preview of upcoming 0.99 is not only the starting base nerf; it's foremost 4 new marker missions that will spawn randomly, 2-3 per month - easy to fight but well-polished missions, intended for early game, where you attack small outposts of Ratlings, Church, Academy and the Guild. They're a first taste of the things to come. As of now they don't really lead anywhere, but you can at least get a feel. Later, they will lead up to more dangerous and more profitable marker missions, like raid illicit business to catch its owner and cash in the price for his head from Ratmen Mafia, go swimming under the sea, kill some pirate-wannabes who say you're not true, raid a Ghoul-owned chemical plant, rob banks, exchange shots with Marsec Policemen etc. etc. They will evolve into multiple tiers of marker missions that work alongside flight missions (these will have the number of landings  reduced, to force air combat to get to them).

During this phase, also the full tech regression will be realized. The game won't get much harder, but even the most basic techs will have to be researched; that way, the starting array of available equipment will be severely hampered (to the musket level), but will become more surmountable as the equipment will appear gradually, first from loot, only later from the store and production. Production will just complement the store first (or the other way around), only in some longer time you will be able to produce stuff that surpasses store selection. Loot driven armory will also allow to skip 'suck' guns (only researched ones will appear in the store - once a certain tier of trading is achieved). Store will be more organized, in time offering better tech and not a kitchen sink like it is now. I took a lot of different opinions from this forum and I need to weigh them; even the people who might feel like I was rude to them I assure were carefully listened to. Also the changes outlined here will start to be implemented: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4604.msg64394.html#msg64394

But this all also means this update to 0.99 will take much longer than usual. I need to make tons and tons of assets to make this work, write a lot of code, balance, test play etc. Basically overhauling the whole game progression, changing the bare bones story it has now into something resembling what the game was envisioned in the beginning. It will be a huge upgrade, and the time will be worth it, I promise that.
If you want to support me in that gruelling work, you know how to do it :)

Offline AncientSion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: May 13, 2016, 08:44:06 pm »
Do you advice to use 0.99 only for a new playthrough only or will a "update" from an older version work, too, considering the changes to the early game ?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: May 13, 2016, 09:01:39 pm »
EDIT: New version is up!

Looks like an older version to me :)
0.95F?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2519 on: May 13, 2016, 09:29:49 pm »
Do you advice to use 0.99 only for a new playthrough only or will a "update" from an older version work, too, considering the changes to the early game ?

Well it will update. Better to experience it from the start, but there will be changes to later game too. But you should have enough time to complete a campaign until then.

Also this IS the new version just I named the archive wrong :) I will update asap.