Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3612923 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.98E - 30 Apr - Breathless in Cydonia
« Reply #2490 on: May 03, 2016, 06:49:01 pm »
Hehe, yeah, and now Loader can take one extra Tornado clip for even more mayhem :)

Offline Disposable Guardsman

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: May 05, 2016, 04:24:52 pm »
I'm curious as to what the vessel with the tank icon is. I haven't found a way to get one ingame and only dug up icons in the mod files. The wiki also has no info on it. Can someone please spill the beans or is it some endgame secret?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #2492 on: May 05, 2016, 04:47:15 pm »
I'm curious as to what the vessel with the tank icon is. I haven't found a way to get one ingame and only dug up icons in the mod files. The wiki also has no info on it. Can someone please spill the beans or is it some endgame secret?

Once you have high enough tech, there is a Battle Tank (Craft) that you can manufacture for sale to interested parties (at a substantial profit). Thats probably it.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: May 06, 2016, 12:24:57 pm »
So i wonder how will those missions spawn.I always liked the idea of random missions that appear around the globe but in what way do they spawn.

On a side note is it possible that if you download the latest patch and allready have the capability to make portable lascanons with their ammo.The fact that the mysterious siberia base is there should raise some warning flags from my part?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2494 on: May 06, 2016, 01:53:34 pm »
They will spawn in the exact way Pogroms spawn (w/o any preceding flights, usually, though).

As for the MP Lascannon, the gun itself and the lower-grade ammo for it should be accessible without going to Siberia.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2495 on: May 08, 2016, 04:59:36 pm »
Early game improvements are slowly taking shape... Here's a preview of an Academy outpost, used to monitor mutants and 'examine' them :) Credit to Robin for his great tiles!

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: May 08, 2016, 05:51:01 pm »
Sweet! Is that supposed to be like a mini-base mission?

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: May 08, 2016, 05:53:39 pm »
In my opinion the wand of flames is a bit too good in comparison with rending.a 70 psi gal can do a 28 damage that almost ignores armor,or a 70 damage area of effect flame.Unless im forgeting a morale function on the rending,i think it doesnt compare with the wand of flames.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: May 08, 2016, 06:45:49 pm »
Different tools for different jobs? Once you find high armor (50+) enemies, 28 damage that ignores armor is more better than 70 damage. Just make sure your witch has multiple wands in her bag ;)

And the base looks great! I restarted a few months ago, now made it to July and a decent crew with decent equipment, and now you're working on early game! I will never finish Piratez.. unless I can resist the urge to restart, which seems.. unlikely given the temptation!

Offline Hazard

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: May 08, 2016, 07:15:50 pm »
Gotta love the fact that there's a bathroom in that outpost (and in some of the big ships, too). Realism is important. :)

Dioxine, I remember you mentioning Marsec special forces arriving later in the game to hunt the player down. Do you think you're going to take that idea further? IMHO, it's an excellent concept, and there's more than enough room for such a faction/subfaction: at the moment the Mercenaries are pretty much the only ones that are "conventionally" tough all-around. Well, apart from Star Gods, but they're more like a boss faction anyway.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2500 on: May 08, 2016, 07:57:47 pm »
Different tools for different jobs? Once you find high armor (50+) enemies, 28 damage that ignores armor is more better than 70 damage. Just make sure your witch has multiple wands in her bag ;)

It's actually up to 28 damage, or 5-10 damage of varied AoE, both ignoring armor. I don't think either is much more 'powerful'.

Dioxine, I remember you mentioning Marsec special forces arriving later in the game to hunt the player down. Do you think you're going to take that idea further?

Yes, the plans include Osiron and Galactic Bounty Hunters, for starters. And upgraded Humanists although they won't usually hunt you down. But all takes time and currently my priorities are on early game.

Sweet! Is that supposed to be like a mini-base mission?

Yeah basically, or an immobile UFO, however you look at it :) You will get a marker anyways.

Offline Hazard

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: May 09, 2016, 12:47:06 am »
Now that I've unlocked plasma weapons plus their disassembly and manufacture (and lasers prior to that, obviously), I've started wondering why exactly I can't make non-XG Gauss ammo. Sure, it's fairly easy to scavenge, and I've had more than enough lying in stores for a long time now, but it still feels bit weird and inconsistent. Is there some particular reason for this?

Also, Deep Ones. Do you have any plans of expanding them with other TFTD races and perhaps weapons? If Meridian were to implement extra damage types... ;)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2502 on: May 10, 2016, 04:28:44 pm »
Yes. Only needs time and work. Damage types would be welcome but not really needed. As for Gauss, there will be ammo manufacturing added later.

Meantime - 'raid the church' mission is taking shape...

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: May 10, 2016, 04:34:03 pm »
@Dioxine: You can set up a Patreon page, where people can donate to show their respect toward your awesome work.  See for yourself:
https://www.patreon.com/capnbubs?ty=h

https://www.patreon.com/stenchfury?ty=h

https://www.patreon.com/tjnome?ty=h

Only the young are bold and stupid enough to think they have awesome youthful energy & their health forever and waste it by creating the 'Awesome Must Have'-content For Free, when they get old they very much regret their for free MOD making years and the fact that they were NOT more clever and asked for money to help their PC, life / family.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 04:37:19 pm by mercy »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2504 on: May 10, 2016, 05:23:23 pm »
Patreon isn't a bad idea for sure, I'm considering it for some months now (it's a clever system but I'm not sure if I like to be bound to anything like this) but looks like you misunderstand. I won't judge my own stupidity or lack thereof, but certainly I'm neither really 'young' or bold, I don't feel like I 'wasted' anything and I regret nothing. Youth is full of energy but aimless, it lacks the wisdom to use said energy in an efficient manner. Youth has little new to say - how could it? It is still but learning.