Author Topic: [EXPANSION]Hardmode Expansion -- General Feedback Thread  (Read 352913 times)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Came across a weird glitch there but have managed to work around it for the time being, save and picture attached. When my Thunder went to a mission the alloy laser tank couldn't go down the ramp. The troops were fine, so I tried it with a hover crocodile tank and it got out okay. I then tried a mortar ground tank and it couldn't go down the ramp either. I'm just wondering as I updated to nightly 2015-08-24-0859 today has it maybe got something to do with the latest nightly and the bug (now fixed) I reported regarding walking on top of another soldier's head:

Warboy1982, Mon Aug 24 08:58:05 2015
no more walking on air.

walking on sunshine still acceptable.

Just upgrade to the newest github code. Warboy fixed this issue.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
I captured a floater leader, two medics, one engineers and two navigators. Only the leader showed up in the research screen. No psi-amp yet.

Let's see what the floater leader spits. While waiting the month passed and a Gazer base was discovered. And
Spoiler:
after a painstaking mind probing search and the loss of one of my best psi-resistant trooper, I managed to capture the elusive Gazer Medic. And shows in the research screen. Let's see what happens when he/she/it cracks up.

Let me know how it goes.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Let me know how it goes.

Indeed the last piece of the puzzle for the Psi-Amp was the
Spoiler:
Gazer Medic.
. Now researching it, next is the Floater Leader, etc.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Indeed the last piece of the puzzle for the Psi-Amp was the
Spoiler:
Gazer Medic.
. Now researching it, next is the Floater Leader, etc.

I am gonna recheck the research code this evening, i need to reorder all those listOrders anyway.
Would be nice to know which Version you had prior to 0.93.
If i do not anything wrong with the research.rul stuff, then you were running in a upgrade issue.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Just upgrade to the newest github code. Warboy fixed this issue.

Thanks but since I've no idea about programming or compiling my own version of openxcom exactly how do I do this? Like I'm able to download nightlies or mods and extract them to the right places and have a fair idea of what files are/do and how to edit/create .rul files but I'm an idiot technologically speaking with graphics or anthing else. Just a small update on last night's message, I did further testing in battlemode and per those tests it does seem to be only ground HWP's getting out of the Thunder that causes this. Thanks in advance for any further tips you can offer me.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Thanks but since I've no idea about programming or compiling my own version of openxcom exactly how do I do this? Like I'm able to download nightlies or mods and extract them to the right places and have a fair idea of what files are/do and how to edit/create .rul files but I'm an idiot technologically speaking with graphics or anthing else. Just a small update on last night's message, I did further testing in battlemode and per those tests it does seem to be only ground HWP's getting out of the Thunder that causes this. Thanks in advance for any further tips you can offer me.

I know about this already, and a Bugreport has been issued.

Jeah its a issue of the pathfinding, i am running the newest github code and the last commit from Warboy fixed the issue for good.

I just spoken to Warboy on the IRC, and the hoster of openxcom.org had a maintenance yesterday and the Server went down. In this process also the autobuilder for Windows Nightly builds hit the grave. It will be restored in time i guess.

You just have to wait until the autobuilder comes online again and presents you with new builds here
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 03:12:22 pm by hellrazor »

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
That's lovely I'll just be patient and wait on that then and update to the newest nightly when it comes out as it will include all previous fixes from previous versions. In the meantime it only affects me in base 4 with the Thunder there and I've worked around this by changing to a hovertank crocodile from the alloy laser tank.

Spoiler:
Getting very exciting at present in my current game, the Ethereals have appeared in early December.(Must be doing well at present as I've lost only the UK and last month Nigeria(base4 in N Africa must have been a successful Infitration mission that got through) Current ongoing mission is a Muton Elite fighter with Ethereals thrown in for fun. One of my troops in Stealth armor with a plasma sniper rifle(elerium ammo) went up on the roof of the Ironfist dropship, spotted an Ethereal and blasted him with an aimed shot(102% stated accuracy). One of the Muton Elites took a good bashing before he dropped though(a laser rifle shot, plasma rifle shot, stun bomb and finally a elerium rocket sent him down. So as you can tell I'm having bucket loads of enjoyment atm.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
That's lovely I'll just be patient and wait on that then and update to the newest nightly when it comes out as it will include all previous fixes from previous versions. In the meantime it only affects me in base 4 with the Thunder there and I've worked around this by changing to a hovertank crocodile from the alloy laser tank.

Spoiler:
Getting very exciting at present in my current game, the Ethereals have appeared in early December.(Must be doing well at present as I've lost only the UK and last month Nigeria(base4 in N Africa must have been a successful Infitration mission that got through) Current ongoing mission is a Muton Elite fighter with Ethereals thrown in for fun. One of my troops in Stealth armor with a plasma sniper rifle(elerium ammo) went up on the roof of the Ironfist dropship, spotted an Ethereal and blasted him with an aimed shot(102% stated accuracy). One of the Muton Elites took a good bashing before he dropped though(a laser rifle shot, plasma rifle shot, stun bomb and finally a elerium rocket sent him down. So as you can tell I'm having bucket loads of enjoyment atm.

Make sure you apply this research fix mentioned here to let Cydonia or Bust unlock.
I screwed up again :D as usual.

In any case SIMON, i have had thoughts about how to put in the Reinforced Armors research wise, i guess i give them a alive "interrogation" of a "Armored Sectopod"
as a prequisite. Maybe bundles this in the future so you can "hack" and "reprogram" captured "Armored Sectopods" and use them on your own.
Your thoughts?

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Was going to wait til v0.94 as you mentioned this fix will be included in that version but have just applied it to v0.93 to be on safe side. I'm not sure about researching a live armored sectopod maybe just a normal sectopod as your troops should be fairly strong to handle a normal one but just might need that edge/extra protection for the armored ones the first time you encounter them. And I agree about reducing the sell prices of alien artifacts as I currently have $58 million in the bank and actually in the black by about 2-3 million on funding alone at the end of November.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Was going to wait til v0.94 as you mentioned this fix will be included in that version but have just applied it to v0.93 to be on safe side. I'm not sure about researching a live armored sectopod maybe just a normal sectopod as your troops should be fairly strong to handle a normal one but just might need that edge/extra protection for the armored ones the first time you encounter them. And I agree about reducing the sell prices of alien artifacts as I currently have $58 million in the bank and actually in the black by about 2-3 million on funding alone at the end of November.

I was also thinking about of raising the base maintenance cost of the Base facilities significantly. Maybe make them 10% of the initial building Cost?
Would make the maintence Cost for the Base also more purposeful.
The increase would make each facility really expensive in maintenence, also hangers would get slighty cheaper.

Code: [Select]
###BEGIN FACILITIES
facilities:
  - type: STR_ALIEN_CONTAINMENT
    monthlyCost: 40000
    requires:
      - STR_ALIEN_CONTAINMENT
  - type: STR_ACCESS_LIFT
    monthlyCost: 30000
  - type: STR_LIVING_QUARTERS
  - type: STR_LABORATORY
    monthlyCost: 75000
  - type: STR_WORKSHOP
    monthlyCost: 80000
  - type: STR_SMALL_RADAR_SYSTEM
    monthlyCost: 50000
  - type: STR_LARGE_RADAR_SYSTEM
  - type: STR_MISSILE_DEFENSES
    monthlyCost: 20000
  - type: STR_GENERAL_STORES
    monthlyCost: 15000
  - type: STR_LASER_DEFENSES
  - type: STR_PLASMA_DEFENSES
    monthlyCost: 60000
  - type: STR_FUSION_BALL_DEFENSES
  - type: STR_GRAV_SHIELD
    monthlyCost: 120000
  - type: STR_MIND_SHIELD
    monthlyCost: 130000
  - type: STR_PSIONIC_LABORATORY
    monthlyCost: 75000
  - type: STR_HYPER_WAVE_DECODER
    monthlyCost: 140000
  - type: STR_HANGAR
    monthlyCost: 20000
###END FACILITIES

Would be looking like this :)

The difference is around 5m in Base Maintenance for my Testrun, obviously the Weapon Sell prices need to be still lowered.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 08:24:08 pm by hellrazor »

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
I am gonna recheck the research code this evening, i need to reorder all those listOrders anyway.
Would be nice to know which Version you had prior to 0.93.
If i do not anything wrong with the research.rul stuff, then you were running in a upgrade issue.

It was version 0.92. Just before resuming my gaming bug (after several weeks), as usual, I download the latest nightly and mod version. However, something was going on with the portal and 0.93 was not downloading properly, so I got 0.92 instead. Then I played for a few days until I was able to download 0.93.

Before all of that, the saves were created with version 0.87 or 0.88, I don't remember which one.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
It was version 0.92. Just before resuming my gaming bug (after several weeks), as usual, I download the latest nightly and mod version. However, something was going on with the portal and 0.93 was not downloading properly, so I got 0.92 instead. Then I played for a few days until I was able to download 0.93.

Before all of that, the saves were created with version 0.87 or 0.88, I don't remember which one.

Uhh jeah then this behaviour makes sense to some degree. I will probably upload a Version 0.93b only with the Cydonia fix and remove all older buggy Versions.
In the meantime i am working on 0.94, which will have attempts to fix the economy. So probably best is to start a new game with it. But i doubt that people wanna play the same Mod twice in a row.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: [Beta][WIP][EXPANSION]Hardmode Expansion - v0.93b Cydonia or Bust Fix
« Reply #357 on: August 27, 2015, 06:03:51 pm »
This is the last Version of the Mod in BETA Phase, i am switching to Work In Progress,
there a lot more features which need to be properly implemented and tested.
Meanswise HF playing the Beta:

Urgent Bugfix incoming:

Version Release: 0.93b
 - Fix Cydonia or Bust Unlock

Please use newest Nightly, or at least Nightly Version: openxcom_git_master_2015_08_06_1451

Modportal Link

Readme attached here

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #358 on: August 27, 2015, 08:40:43 pm »
I played a little bit around with the Scoring for Civilians on Terrormissions.
Each killed Civilian now gives 50 Points towards the aliens instead of 30.
The screenshot is from a Debugtest, were all Civilians got turned into Zombies and all aliens were killed after that.
Each Zombified Civilians count double towards the score.
Nevertheless you will never encounter such a scenario, since many Civilians will just be killed by other means then zombification.
Even thou it is pretty impressive :D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 09:16:12 pm by hellrazor »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #359 on: August 28, 2015, 12:30:41 am »
Time for a short tease update for the upcoming Version 0.94.

Enjoy a peak at our new friends: