Author Topic: OpenXcom for Android - new official thread  (Read 308372 times)

x60mmx

Re: OpenXcom for Android - new official thread
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2014, 03:59:31 am »
Set the path showing option on, therefore you have to tap twice the same spot for moving a soldier. Therefore a soldier will never move if you tap a spot once and keep pressing for the soldier to turn.

I already had path showing on.  I just tried again and still have the same problem exactly half the time.  Every other time I try turning a soldier they move.  Like clockwork.

Offline Syrion

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2014, 10:42:38 am »
About opening doors: I'm still two builds behind, but this is already possible. When a player-controlled unit with enough TUs is standing in range of a door and facing directly towards it, whether directly in front or diagonal, swipe towards the door as if you are trying to turn the seleted unit. In otherwords, if a unit is already facing a door, telling it to "turn" towards the door will cause the unit to open the door.
Oh, oops, I didn't even try that. In that case, my silly "suggestion" is already in the game, as long-pressing the door does the same as swiping on the unit in front of it :)

I already had path showing on.  I just tried again and still have the same problem exactly half the time.  Every other time I try turning a soldier they move.  Like clockwork.
How do you try turning them? It can be done by swiping away from a unit or by long-pressing on any tile you want it to look at. Does it happen with both methods?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 10:47:26 am by Syrion »

x60mmx

« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2014, 11:17:15 am »
The "moving every other time" thing happens with the long pressing method.  The swiping method works much better.

Is it just me or does it seem like touching a tile selects the tile where the troops torso would be instead of the tile you touched?

It would be nice if you could scroll around the battlescape without having a troop selected.  Also makes it easy to move troops accidentally.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 11:20:38 am by x60mmx »

x60mmx

« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2014, 10:13:06 am »
Spent a few hours playing on my Galaxy S4 and it is fantastic except for panning around the battlescape causing my troops to turn and sometimes move.

edit: Spent a couple more hours and found that using the map to re-center my view whenever I needed to pan around worked for those with the same complaint.  Not as convenient but does solve the troops turning while panning issue.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 07:36:35 pm by x60mmx »

Offline Syrion

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2014, 12:03:32 am »
This all sounds like your units move as soon as you tap somewhere. Is that the case? Because on my phone, by default, they only move when you've tapped a tile twice.
It really sounds like it doesn't work as intended on your S4.

x60mmx

« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2014, 02:50:22 am »
They only issue I have is that units turn while you pan on the battlescape.  Lets say I want to pan north.  I touch and hold ond the north edge of the screen to pan, which causes the selected soldier to turn north since long pressing in a direction turns.

Offline HunterZ

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2014, 05:10:16 am »
You can pan by dragging, just like in Google Maps. It's one of the best features of the Android port.

Offline pkhtjim

• Squaddie
  • Just some guy who digs strategy games. And Pokemon
    • View Profile
    • The PoKeHybrid Trainers
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2014, 06:08:50 am »
Hey there. Love the game. Dig how I could play Xcom on the go!

Since the phone I use is a Galaxy Relay (Samsung Galaxy S3 with a slide keyboard), it works great in geoscape when I can type things out without it obstructing the screen. Battlescape refuses to load, though. As soon as it tries to load, the program crashes. Tried previous versions, and it's the same result. I reinstalled the game, copied over my PC files, and no change.

Offline demoness

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2014, 12:43:40 pm »
I don't think this has been reported ITT yet:

When I use a psi ability in the current version, the target select cursor changes from the psi cursor to the crosshair used for selecting a target to shoot with a weapon. On the PC version and on the Android build 2 updates behind the current one, the psi targetting cursor remains even after using a psionic ability. The crosshair that appears in the current build consumes 25 AP from the selected unit, and nothing else - not that I'm aware of, at least (it might still count towards stat growth but I doubt it). This forces me to click through the menu and reselect the psi ability, should I wish to use it again.

Offline 32bits

• Squaddie
  • Talk is cheap, shoe me the code!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2014, 03:22:55 pm »
Hey guys,

I've just installed the latest version of android port, copied needed directories with files to /sdcard/OpenXcom/data directory, but, unfortunately, application crashed. The log file is empty.
Here is the screenshot:

« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2014, 09:37:49 pm »
Looks nice. Will be it released on Play Store?

Offline HunterZ

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2014, 04:41:45 am »
My guess is not likely, as people downloading it from there wouldn't understand why it doesn't do anything out of the box.

Offline caleafterearth

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2014, 04:32:54 pm »
hey all, I've been enjoying openxcom on both windows and android for a few weeks now,

while windows is fine, except for my laptop, isn't. lol
the android version likes to display all the gifs, and music, in to their libraries.

a simple fix for this is to create a txt file, and name it ".nomedia" and place it in openxcom's root folder. (it seems to block all sub folders).

i used ES explorer, and when you do this, the file vanishes, but then all the xcom junk should vanish from your galleries, and stop auto backing up to drive.

hope this helps!

i'm guessing it should be included in the actual .apk? if any of the developers notice this..... lol

Offline HunterZ

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2014, 05:12:41 pm »
The .nomedia file doesn't vanish - you probably just have ES File Explorer set to hide files that start with a period :)

Good idea though!

Offline ucel

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2014, 11:25:35 pm »
.nomedia works perfectly by me - created with Total Commander.

BTW, can we expect a new version? Some mods requires lates nightlies to work properly...