Author Topic: OpenXcom for Android - new official thread  (Read 307077 times)

Offline SirKaje

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: OpenXcom for Android - new official thread
« Reply #285 on: May 27, 2021, 08:01:46 pm »
Hello - sorry to necro this, but it seemed the best place.

For some reason, I cannot get Open Xcom to work on my Android device. I constantly get a 'segmentation error'.

I've downloaded and installed Open Xcom's latest Android apk, I've downloaded the game files for UFO: Enemy Unknown and unpacked to a directory. I've then opened Open Xcom, directed it to where the files are installed, clicked 'save and restart' and then I get a DOS screen followed by an error message regarding 'segmentation'.

Could this be that I'm trying to use it on my phone/tablet's in-built storage and not an SD card? Or am I doing something else wrong?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 28, 2021, 12:55:23 am »
Can you provide a link to OpenXcom's latest Android apk?

Also, if you can upload the log file from right after the crash, that would help.

PS: using built-in storage is OK, actually even better than using an SD card

Offline Christmas Sectopod

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 25, 2021, 03:34:35 am »
Hey, i have been trying to install OpenXcom extended on my phone, everything goes smoothly until I reach the screen which I assume is called the preloading screen where it asks me to set up the game files, save directory and config folder. It tells me the installation is incomplete and that it doesn't find the game files, I'm only trying to set up Enemy Unknown so I put the files in openxcom -> UFO, the files have worked for my installation on PC.

So if anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong please do tell.
Thanks!

Offline rbuck000

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 09, 2022, 05:07:34 am »
Please fix the Android OXCE link the dropbox is dead as well as "the usual place"
it file not found 404 errors.

also since this on on android is it possible to put it on PSVITA ? OpenXcom is on vita by NorthFear and if this is possible as open x-com works fine and i'm hoping useing lazy loading or useing the internal ram and a virtual Ram drive (i forget who made it ) could work as there are now ways to side load other android open projects

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 09, 2022, 10:15:46 am »
Please fix the Android OXCE link the dropbox is dead

Which dropbox link?
I have never uploaded OXCE to Dropbox, I don't even have a Dropbox account.

The official OXCE downloads are here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5258.0.html

... as well as "the usual place"
it file not found 404 errors.

Which usual place?
There is only one "usual" place here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5258.0.html
and it works fine without any 404 errors.

also since this on on android is it possible to put it on PSVITA ?

Yes, it is possible, somebody just has to do it.

Offline Xilmi

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 27, 2023, 10:46:34 am »
Someone on Reddit said they wanted to Brutal OXCE for Android. I told them that I'd ask those who might be capable of making it happen.
I heard earlier that there's quite a bunch of differences from the normal fork for OXCE. So I suppose I'd at least have to somehow merge the OXCE-Android-fork with my modified code-base.

But that's probably not all I need to get to an android-exectuable. Has someone written down the instuctions or could do all that for me? :o

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 27, 2023, 11:27:15 am »
The manual build instructions are here: https://github.com/MeridianOXC/openxcom-android

I have a build farm (by Stoddard), but it's linked to my openxcom repo and my branch.

You'll need to fork this repo (MeridianOXC/openxcom-android) and replace the OpenXcom submodule currently pointing at "MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/android" to "Xilmi/OpenXcom/name_of_your_android_branch"

Offline Someone

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 23, 2023, 03:01:37 am »
Hi, I have just installed this on my phone running Android 13 and it works pretty well, except for the fact that there's a notable audio delay, especially noticeable with SFX. I've searched on Google for a while and I haven't seen anyone with my problem. What can I do to get rid of the audio delay?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 25, 2023, 05:12:57 pm »
Hi, I have just installed this on my phone running Android 13 and it works pretty well, except for the fact that there's a notable audio delay, especially noticeable with SFX. I've searched on Google for a while and I haven't seen anyone with my problem. What can I do to get rid of the audio delay?

which version exactly did you install?

are you running any mods?

how long is the delay?

Offline caleafterearth

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 03, 2023, 01:46:25 pm »
I just had a go a using OXCE on desktop mode on my P30 Pro, it loads and all, but the cursor (stupid round Huawei cursor) disappears when on the window, I can still click but I don't know where the cursor is. Any fix for this?