Author Topic: OpenXcom for Android - new official thread  (Read 243815 times)

Offline SirKaje

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: OpenXcom for Android - new official thread
« Reply #285 on: May 27, 2021, 08:01:46 pm »
Hello - sorry to necro this, but it seemed the best place.

For some reason, I cannot get Open Xcom to work on my Android device. I constantly get a 'segmentation error'.

I've downloaded and installed Open Xcom's latest Android apk, I've downloaded the game files for UFO: Enemy Unknown and unpacked to a directory. I've then opened Open Xcom, directed it to where the files are installed, clicked 'save and restart' and then I get a DOS screen followed by an error message regarding 'segmentation'.

Could this be that I'm trying to use it on my phone/tablet's in-built storage and not an SD card? Or am I doing something else wrong?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 28, 2021, 12:55:23 am »
Can you provide a link to OpenXcom's latest Android apk?

Also, if you can upload the log file from right after the crash, that would help.

PS: using built-in storage is OK, actually even better than using an SD card

Offline Christmas Sectopod

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 25, 2021, 03:34:35 am »
Hey, i have been trying to install OpenXcom extended on my phone, everything goes smoothly until I reach the screen which I assume is called the preloading screen where it asks me to set up the game files, save directory and config folder. It tells me the installation is incomplete and that it doesn't find the game files, I'm only trying to set up Enemy Unknown so I put the files in openxcom -> UFO, the files have worked for my installation on PC.

So if anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong please do tell.
Thanks!