aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580432 times)

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
  • Squaddie cautiously peering through the breach
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #1455 on: May 12, 2015, 06:30:25 am »
No problem, but I can't remember it from the update guide.

A way to remember the id is the last field of your mods url:  https://www.openxcom.com/mod/final-mod-pack

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1456 on: May 12, 2015, 11:51:34 am »
Hi Solarius,

i was able to shot inside the LABSHIP, from the groundlevel on my playthrough of the FMP.
So i took the freedom to take a look at the map, and noticed a lot of missing groundtiles on the diagonal walls and such.
I also removed some wrongly placed ones.

Since i wanna use this Map also in my Mod i decided to fix it. Please take a look (see attached File)

Hmm, are you sure you had the latest map? Because this is something I've fixed months ago. But possibly I haven't finished the job, so I'll certainly take a look, thanks!

Hey guys !

I really enjoy this mod so far. Lost my 1st attempt .

I have a few suggestions... some of them must be impossible to do but I'll post them anyway.

1- I always wanted to know why there is no infrared google or night vision for the xcom agent. Make it a research maybe ?

2- If #1 is impossible, how about adding a flashlight as a piece of equipment that you could put on your soldiers shoulder to get more light ?

3- Is it possible to have 2 weapon on a tank ? Machinegun and a rocket launcher for example ?

4- Is it possible to extend the range the motion scanner ? Maybe the scout tank could have one ? ( By researching it maybe ? )

More to come as I play the mod :)

Thanks Bob.

At this point the only viable thing is the two-weapon tank, which is feasible but I've never figured out how to balance it and if it's at all needed.

As for the nightvision thing, it'll be possible if/when I move the project to Openxcom Extended.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #1457 on: May 12, 2015, 12:02:54 pm »
Hmm, are you sure you had the latest map? Because this is something I've fixed months ago. But possibly I haven't finished the job, so I'll certainly take a look, thanks!

Well i took the map from the newest Version of the FMP. Maybe you forgot to put it in.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #1458 on: May 12, 2015, 12:33:25 pm »
Btw Solarius iam going to make some variants of it.
Like a turned version, a version with other internals.

And i also (for myself) will remove those dropdoors, because they are annoying.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: May 12, 2015, 12:37:13 pm »

Here is a recent example (FMP v1.3) of the Lab ship issue: https://youtu.be/30r0Eb4VJik?t=33m50s

Also I think there may be something wrong with the outer walls of the Fighter: https://youtu.be/Pgd3LIfRENM?t=9m5s

EDIT: I can provide saves, if necessary...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 12:40:08 pm by Meridian »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #1460 on: May 12, 2015, 01:02:44 pm »
Here is a recent example (FMP v1.3) of the Lab ship issue: https://youtu.be/30r0Eb4VJik?t=33m50s

Also I think there may be something wrong with the outer walls of the Fighter: https://youtu.be/Pgd3LIfRENM?t=9m5s

EDIT: I can provide saves, if necessary...

Meridian, could you test this with the fixed Map i provided?
You can find it attached here
The Zip file only contains, LABSHIP.MAP, i placed a lot of groundtiles on the diagonal walls, and replaced faulty ones were i could find some.

It is also possible to shoot into the Labship on the diagonal walls, from the groundlevel, if you catch the right spot.
My Tank Rocket Launcher was able to kill the Sectoid Mind Controller this way.
I think that with tha placed ground tiles you should not have those issues any more.
But i had no time to test, but i oriented myself on how other (vanilla) maps were handling those diagonal walls.

Feedback appreciated.

The Fighter has a missing Cornerstone there, so you get a LOS and probably LOF, but thats a easy fix.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 01:05:11 pm by hellrazor »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: May 12, 2015, 02:01:17 pm »
Btw Solarius iam going to make some variants of it.
Like a turned version, a version with other internals.

And i also (for myself) will remove those dropdoors, because they are annoying.

Older versions of the FMP do not include these doors, so you can just use it. Use a version prior to 1.0.4 - unless you mean you like the doors themsleves, just not the sliding mechanism.

Good luck with the mapmaking!

As for the Lab Ship, I played the map many times and never noticed anything wrong, but I'll certainly give it a check.

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: May 12, 2015, 02:20:11 pm »
I have the defense mission in a secondary base

2 ethereals
1 crisálida
5 muton
1 black men. Unknow for me

Only 15 recruits. With 15 missile launchers and 30 big missiles

10 deaths
1 missile failed and hit the ethereals
5 winners promoted to Sargeant

Cold in the body XD....

And i winning thx to defense system base. I hope
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 03:54:43 pm by arrakis69ct »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: May 13, 2015, 02:59:38 am »
Yeah, I can imagine. :)

And I just lost another base, this time to Gazers. Definitely not my month.

Hellarzor, regarding the Lab Ship, since you're at it, could you please enlarge the 2nd level central axis? Right now it's smaller than the 1st and 3rd level sections, and I forgot to fix it.

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: May 13, 2015, 11:59:47 am »
Solarius a question. You have planed add the gym of extended???  I think is very interesting utlity. And may be possible when finish a mission see the changes of ability of soldiers?? I see a path a time ago but I Don't know how to use

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: May 13, 2015, 12:05:01 pm »
Solarius a question. You have planed add the gym of extended???  I think is very interesting utlity.

Yes, it is planned.

And may be possible when finish a mission see the changes of ability of soldiers?? I see a path a time ago but I Don't know how to use

I'm not sure what you mean, changes in stats have always been visible in the game, since 1994.

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: May 13, 2015, 12:12:28 pm »
I sais a windows similar at this

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #1467 on: May 13, 2015, 12:52:25 pm »
Yeah, I can imagine. :)

And I just lost another base, this time to Gazers. Definitely not my month.

Hellarzor, regarding the Lab Ship, since you're at it, could you please enlarge the 2nd level central axis? Right now it's smaller than the 1st and 3rd level sections, and I forgot to fix it.

I have a long weekend coming, so i guess i will have time to look into it.
But yes i have also noticed this that the central section part is smaller then the upper or lower level parts.

I was actually thinking of just making the central section, one consistent layer without the wallgaps inbetween.
This would give the opportunity to put a really nice lab or two in there, since with current configuration, making rooms is not really possible, or at least hard.

I also thought about how to compensate for removing the triple door near the cows on the central section.
The idea would be place a door on the toplevel and let the alien walk on the roof (like on the Excavator), place approriate routes and nodes with respective importance level so the get manned by a few aliens. And put some spawnpoints near the central shaft, were Alien with Plasma Sniper Rifle could spawn, which would snipe you from the roof.

But this is just a idea.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: May 13, 2015, 01:55:01 pm »
I sais a windows similar at this

Does "modder" sound like a "coder"? :P

I have a long weekend coming, so i guess i will have time to look into it.
I was actually thinking of just making the central section, one consistent layer without the wallgaps inbetween.
This would give the opportunity to put a really nice lab or two in there, since with current configuration, making rooms is not really possible, or at least hard.

I can't see why we couldn't have two (or more) maps for the same ship. The only rule would be to retain the same external view, otherwise the map won't match the interception screen.

I also thought about how to compensate for removing the triple door near the cows on the central section.
The idea would be place a door on the toplevel and let the alien walk on the roof (like on the Excavator), place approriate routes and nodes with respective importance level so the get manned by a few aliens. And put some spawnpoints near the central shaft, were Alien with Plasma Sniper Rifle could spawn, which would snipe you from the roof.

But this is just a idea.

I'm a bit sceptical about the walking on roof idea, since the Excavator is a technical ship (the big lift is in fact a large drilling device - I imagine that the excavated material is launched through the roof), while a Lab Ship should be more standard. I'm not against additional doors, but we shouldn't force the aliens to leave the ship's interior to get to another section.

Oh, and the triple doors are for moving the cow in. How else would they move the cow in? :)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: May 13, 2015, 02:14:39 pm »
Oh, and the triple doors are for moving the cow in. How else would they move the cow in? :)

Beam me up, Scotty.  8)