aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580940 times)

Offline myk002

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #1440 on: May 10, 2015, 02:30:32 am »
No worries - it was kinda buried in the Additional info for mod authors section:
  • id (same as the name)
    the internal id that this mod is known by.  savegames, configuration files, and other mods' metadata files will refer to the mod by this string.  if you make the value of this attribute the same as the id you used when uploading to the mod portal (https://www.openxcom.com), then autoupdate tools may be able to use it to check for new versions.
I'll highlight it to make it more noticeable, since it is important.

edit: I'm getting a bunch of file not found errors:
[09-05-2015 21:26:02]   [INFO]   requested file not found: UFOGRAPH/MAN_10F0.SPK
[09-05-2015 21:26:03]   [INFO]   requested file not found: UFOGRAPH/MAN_10M0.SPK
[09-05-2015 21:26:06]   [INFO]   requested file not found: UFOGRAPH/MAN_10F1.SPK
[09-05-2015 21:26:06]   [INFO]   requested file not found: UFOGRAPH/MAN_10M1.SPK
[09-05-2015 21:26:09]   [INFO]   requested file not found: UFOGRAPH/MAN_10M2.SPK

Am I not loading something right in the file map or are there really missing resources?  I certainly don't /see/ those files anywhere...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 07:46:09 am by myk002 »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: May 10, 2015, 08:52:41 am »
The battlescape is fine. The interception screen clearly needs some work. Well, at least it's functioning.
Could you please provide a save? I'll need it to test the fix.

Attached two saves: one before interception, one after the UFO crashed.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1442 on: May 10, 2015, 09:59:50 am »
edit: I'm getting a bunch of file not found errors:
[09-05-2015 21:26:02]   [INFO]   requested file not found: UFOGRAPH/MAN_10F0.SPK
[09-05-2015 21:26:03]   [INFO]   requested file not found: UFOGRAPH/MAN_10M0.SPK
[09-05-2015 21:26:06]   [INFO]   requested file not found: UFOGRAPH/MAN_10F1.SPK
[09-05-2015 21:26:06]   [INFO]   requested file not found: UFOGRAPH/MAN_10M1.SPK
[09-05-2015 21:26:09]   [INFO]   requested file not found: UFOGRAPH/MAN_10M2.SPK

Am I not loading something right in the file map or are there really missing resources?  I certainly don't /see/ those files anywhere...

They are the paperdolls for the green tactical vest. They are under ...\mods\Final Mod Pack\Resources\FinalModPack\Armors_Compilation\Armored_Vest. And the mod works correctly at my end.

Attached two saves: one before interception, one after the UFO crashed.

Thanks! Will investigate.

EDIT: Found the syntax error, line 7633 should be "modSprite: InterceptionEnvoyShip" instead of "sprite: InterceptionEnvoyShip".
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 10:07:05 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: May 11, 2015, 01:42:52 pm »
https://www.mediafire.com/view/ei7swvsw1yv7vo1/trans.txt

The transalation to spanish to last version 1.5

and the rule again
https://www.mediafire.com/download/dm4ykxbcrn96lyk/FinalModPack.rul

in the next update i want to edit the ufopedia and agree tothe ships if the fuel tipe of ships are fuel or elerium

this update are important, if not the game are middle spanish middle english

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: May 11, 2015, 03:27:11 pm »
Thanks, it's updated.

On a side note, I just lost my main base to the meanest alien crew I've ever seen. :P

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: May 11, 2015, 04:29:08 pm »
You have pics?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: May 11, 2015, 05:48:25 pm »
You have pics?

Not really, I didn't have the time to take any - Chryssalids zombified a third of my team, another third was mind-controlled by Ethereals, and the rest (plus one tank) either panicked or was shot to pieces by two Gazers and a Muton. Took several turns at most.

Honestly, if I weren't the creator of this, I would be really mad! :)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: May 11, 2015, 06:32:14 pm »
Whaaaat?  :o
Is this waiting for me too... or is it only some new feature being developed at the moment?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: May 11, 2015, 06:53:46 pm »
Whaaaat?  :o
Is this waiting for me too... or is it only some new feature being developed at the moment?

It's been in the game for half a year or more. :) I was just unlucky.

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: May 11, 2015, 07:05:45 pm »
Ironman are bad sometimes. XD......

Offline trinibwoy

• Sergeant
  • If It Moves, shoot it. If it doesnt move, shoot it
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: May 11, 2015, 07:44:53 pm »
By chance, is that a "heavy raiders" (i cant remember the exact name right now) retaliation mission? If so, I just BARELY survived an attack recently. Chrysalids, Mutons, Ethereals, Sectopods and Gazers. If i didnt JUST finish manufacturing laser weapons i may not have won.  I lost many good soldiers  and tanks though :'(
Very tough.
Loved the challenge

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: May 11, 2015, 08:09:06 pm »
By chance, is that a "heavy raiders" (i cant remember the exact name right now) retaliation mission? If so, I just BARELY survived an attack recently. Chrysalids, Mutons, Ethereals, Sectopods and Gazers. If i didnt JUST finish manufacturing laser weapons i may not have won.  I lost many good soldiers  and tanks though :'(
Very tough.
Loved the challenge

Congratulations!

I didn't have proper lasers yet, just alien laser rifles Gauss weapons and alloy ammo. And one Gauss tank. Plus I've just sent half my veteran squad to another base (lucky them).

Nevermind, though; X-Com is still alive and recovering!

Offline Buscher

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: May 11, 2015, 11:36:32 pm »
So I have finally finished translating FMP to German. While it's not the most beautiful, it's perfectly functional, for the most part consistent and it fits in the damned standard resolution. I put it in my rulefile 1.4 so it should work. Maybe notepad++ will replace spaces with tabs again though.

Chasing your string adds was quite a ride now and that yellow Christmas tree (the UFO) is apparently the reason for all the new stuff. Cool.

And for something unrelated, I found my game in a some weird situation. There was a MIB/Hybrid mission landing on the ocean next to South Africa. Of course it ended up crashing as it couldn't find a biome, but it worked fine after I changed the coordinates. It probably was just a fluke of the engine but I wanted to let you know anyway.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #1453 on: May 12, 2015, 01:31:50 am »
Hi Solarius,

i was able to shot inside the LABSHIP, from the groundlevel on my playthrough of the FMP.
So i took the freedom to take a look at the map, and noticed a lot of missing groundtiles on the diagonal walls and such.
I also removed some wrongly placed ones.

Since i wanna use this Map also in my Mod i decided to fix it. Please take a look (see attached File)

Offline Bobwolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: May 12, 2015, 04:35:36 am »
Hey guys !

I really enjoy this mod so far. Lost my 1st attempt .

I have a few suggestions... some of them must be impossible to do but I'll post them anyway.

1- I always wanted to know why there is no infrared google or night vision for the xcom agent. Make it a research maybe ?

2- If #1 is impossible, how about adding a flashlight as a piece of equipment that you could put on your soldiers shoulder to get more light ?

3- Is it possible to have 2 weapon on a tank ? Machinegun and a rocket launcher for example ?

4- Is it possible to extend the range the motion scanner ? Maybe the scout tank could have one ? ( By researching it maybe ? )

More to come as I play the mod :)