Author Topic: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition  (Read 750053 times)

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition
« Reply #1530 on: July 23, 2015, 09:53:43 am »
Kill a tank -> research wreck -> answer to all your questions about possible vulnerabilities. Same with power armor and other difficult enemies.
Well that means i have to kill it first by chucking panzershreds at it first  ::)

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: July 23, 2015, 03:54:19 pm »
How is maintance calculeted in this game?I look at the stats trying to figure it out but for some reason i feel like something is changed.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: July 23, 2015, 05:05:07 pm »
Well that means i have to kill it first by chucking panzershreds at it first  ::)
If it's the first time you encounter something, why would you know what it is vulnerable to? Especially if you're a bunch of uneducated pirate gals :P

How is maintance calculeted in this game?I look at the stats trying to figure it out but for some reason i feel like something is changed.
I don't think Dioxine changed anything in how the calculations are done, but I am sure he changed the maintenance cost of pretty much everything.

One thing I noticed is that hiring gals/runts/brainers is twice as expensive as paying their monthly salaries, which means that once you get your staff it's easier to keep them. That threw me off at the beginning since I was budgetting the same cost to keep one as to hire one.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: July 23, 2015, 10:17:55 pm »
I once had -9000 money due to the hunter killer killing my economy so i went back to a previous save and selled it,but when i sold it my economy was barely touched,i know that build craft now also get accounted in maintence but i didnt expect it so much.

i had around 14 gals 70 runts and 4 brainers

also in the logs is the maintence stat that shows an amount of money ex 1200560 the amount i will have remaining or the amount i will lose next month?

those workshops are hard on the maintence side 850.000 my salty ass i dont think x-grog can keep me afloat for too long

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: July 24, 2015, 01:29:17 am »
I once had -9000 money due to the hunter killer killing my economy so i went back to a previous save and selled it,but when i sold it my economy was barely touched,i know that build craft now also get accounted in maintence but i didnt expect it so much.

also in the logs is the maintence stat that shows an amount of money ex 1200560 the amount i will have remaining or the amount i will lose next month?

those workshops are hard on the maintence side 850.000 my salty ass i dont think x-grog can keep me afloat for too long

I'm not sure you're looking at the right numbers. A workshop costs a measly 75000 maintenance, although it is very expensive to build. A hunter-killer is 80k maintenance, which is not negligible but the capability to catch faster UFOs and intercept from another point of the globe is well worth it imo.

Also.. -9000 space pirate bucks is nothing. Stun a GO, ransom him, and bam, 40000 space pirate bucks for you! Some other guys will give you even more moneys. You're a starting pirate, you can't expect to be swimming in money yet. It's not like vanilla XCom where multiple countries in the world are supporting your endeavour with millions.

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #1535 on: July 24, 2015, 02:23:48 am »

Build workshops at the beginning of the month; or if you have a good financial situation, middle of the month. Why? If you build late in the month, you're going to get hit twice: once for construction cost, and secondly for the monthly maintenance.

If you build early, you pay for the construction but don't have to pay for maintenance until end of month. Also, if you build a workshop, make sure you have enough Runts to fully staff it; otherwise you are not maximizing your profits.

So far, the good all-around strategy is to focus on maximizing your manufacturing, then work on research (aka, hiring more Brainerz). However, if you know the tree to unlock Finely Distilled Rum and have large enough item supply to manufacture, that can also pay off but much more risky.

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: July 24, 2015, 02:34:01 am »
I'm not sure you're looking at the right numbers. A workshop costs a measly 75000 maintenance, although it is very expensive to build. A hunter-killer is 80k maintenance, which is not negligible but the capability to catch faster UFOs and intercept from another point of the globe is well worth it imo.

Also.. -9000 space pirate bucks is nothing. Stun a GO, ransom him, and bam, 40000 space pirate bucks for you! Some other guys will give you even more moneys. You're a starting pirate, you can't expect to be swimming in money yet. It's not like vanilla XCom where multiple countries in the world are supporting your endeavour with millions.

Heh, I'm in February of second year with $25mil... mostly due to selling MPG clips; which I believe Dioxine said is a bug.

I haven't tested how long it takes to be able to set up that manufacturing chain but once you can, sky's the limit. You just have to carefully manage a JIT distribution so manufacturing doesn't grind to a halt (MPG requires SC wires), considering 24 hr transfer.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: July 24, 2015, 05:14:48 am »
Well, I was certainly not manufacturing plasma ammo in February in my game (and indeed still wasn't by August or so once I got distracted). Also, if it's a bug, then it's not really something I would use (or recommend) to make a profit..

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: July 24, 2015, 06:41:26 am »
Well, I was certainly not manufacturing plasma ammo in February in my game (and indeed still wasn't by August or so once I got distracted). Also, if it's a bug, then it's not really something I would use (or recommend) to make a profit..

After 12 months and you weren't that advanced? I unlocked Revenant armor like 2 or three months back (9 or 10 months from start).

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: July 24, 2015, 09:40:40 am »
I am busy researching info and prioritasing research on what the heck is every enemy weak to so i dont have to make black powder bombs every 5 weeks or so,this is the third month so i think my tac vest mistress that got shot in the back by a power suit trader with a assault laser is getting tired of staying in ice.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: July 24, 2015, 09:42:07 am »
I am busy researching info and prioritasing research on what the heck is every enemy weak to so i dont have to make black powder bombs every 5 weeks or so,this is the third month so i think my tac vest mistress that got shot in the back by a power suit trader with a assault laser is getting tired of staying in ice.

Althought i cant shake of the feeling that im runing a challenge run without knowing it

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
  • Back in the day it was gameplay not a feature....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: July 24, 2015, 03:09:47 pm »
The entire research tree is so convulted that you might get something that is killer extremely fast and be on paper armor and vice versa. In my main run I had developed every weapon and armor available except xcom lasers and whatever deviates from that research. All that because I hadnt interogated the right person. Moreover you are a slave to whatever spawns, the sacrifices you make to get them and ultimetely your luck.

So to put it into context: There is no set in stone what you will have in two years time.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: July 24, 2015, 04:15:06 pm »
Do i have to capture a power suit trader.I would really like to see that happen.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1543 on: July 24, 2015, 04:57:51 pm »
You don't. It's just quite rewarding to do so.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: July 24, 2015, 05:57:51 pm »
After 12 months and you weren't that advanced? I unlocked Revenant armor like 2 or three months back (9 or 10 months from start).

Err.. To me if you don't mention a year, February is the 2nd month of the game. I doubt there's a way to get plasmas after playing only January (but who knows..).

I put my current game on hold in September or so (or the first year), after spending hours playing against mercs and getting a bit tired of it, so switching to commendations. I'm not sure I'll finish that playthrough now, since X-Piratez looks even better than Piratez!