Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 536773 times)

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
  • Squaddie cautiously peering through the breach
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #765 on: June 02, 2015, 03:25:59 pm »
Hmm it's certainty appealing, and probably easier than getting visual studio to build everything statically. What's a popular linux disto for that sort of thing at the moment?

That could opening a can of worms right there :)  I think it could be safe to say that Ubuntu Linux distribution is quite popular.  That's what I use.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: June 02, 2015, 04:35:35 pm »
Looking good shoes.

And with that I'm bringing all my unoffical extra builds up to date.
All builds below are currently based off of the current build of Soldier Diaries (01/06/2015 01:45:12 - Commit:4a5c9e73d308f97d526959b62cb438e79ace1863)

Soldier Diaries Extended (based of of OpenXCom 25/05/2015 08:57:51 - Commit:db285720550dd4cd87482010f9e94464929ad60b & OpenXCom Extended 27/05/2015 18:37:59 - Commit:c90d5f8cfc7a2a351cae1ce60ee348f681eb1b06)
Combines OpenXCom Extended with Soldier Diaries for the latest nightly
Git: https://github.com/fudgedragon/OpenXcom/tree/SoldierDiariesExtended
Downloads: Windows (win32 x64)

Soldier Diaries Legacy (based of of OpenXCom 30/04/2015 06:20:02 - Commit:28bdaf9eaae8af5d1fa2f6593cf4f619c67fee83)
Provides the latest soldier diaries code, backported to work with the last nightly before the mod changes were brought in, should work with older mods such as Piratez that were designed to work with the older system
Git: https://github.com/fudgedragon/OpenXcom/tree/SoldierDiariesLegacy20150430

Soldier Diaries Legacy+ (based of of OpenXCom 30/04/2015 06:20:02 - Commit:28bdaf9eaae8af5d1fa2f6593cf4f619c67fee83)
Playtested for 8 ingame months
The same as above but also provides the following additional features:
  • Adds Pull Request: Maintenance time is now displayed in the intercept window in the Geoscape by bslaveboy
  • Adds Pull Request: Profitability information on the manufacturing screen by myk002
  • Adds Pull Request: Add melee availability to statstring conditions by    IvanDogovich
  • Adds Pull Request: Add heath bar flash when a soldier has fatal wounds by redv
  • Adds Custom Code: Adds a new (optional) advanced option to restrict aliens to the same psionics rules as humans (someone needs to establish line of sight, but not the soldier doing the MC) by me
  • Adds Custom Code: Adds a new (optional) advanced option to reduce alien time units on the first turn to simulate prior movement and reduce reaction fire by me
  • A Custom ruleset: Optionally changes some interface elements in the diaries for users of the Piratez mod
Git: https://github.com/fudgedragon/OpenXcom/tree/SoldierDiariesLegacy20150430+

The piratez_diaries_lang.rul file is also available seperately here.

Just updated my current pirates game to the above and really like the new features especially the flashing health bar and fair psionics, well done!

Offline FudgeDragon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: June 02, 2015, 05:29:31 pm »
I'm somewhat fond of the flashing health bar myself, so thanks to redv for that.

I don't actually use the fair psionics much myself. While not as crippling to the AI as LOS psionics it still nerfs em slightly, but I certainly see the appeal (I did after all write it).

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: June 02, 2015, 07:13:21 pm »
Hmm it's certainty appealing, and probably easier than getting visual studio to build everything statically. What's a popular linux disto for that sort of thing at the moment?
I grabbed Ubuntu for my uses, but any popular distribution could be fine.
https://mxe.cc/#requirements all supported versions by mxe.

I use this makefile https://github.com/Yankes/OpenXcom/blob/master/src/Makefile.mxe to build.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: June 02, 2015, 08:59:11 pm »
Can you guys recommend something that would work with Cygwin, if it exists?

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: June 03, 2015, 12:44:36 am »
Having a problem atm, at the end of my turn during the aliens 1st turn the game crashes to the desktop. It seems to be something to do with either alien soldier id's (01, 05, 07 or 22), attached is .sav file. All u have to do is end the turn. Thanks in advance. Using the previously mentioned SoldierDiariesLegacy20150430+win32. I've managed to work around it by changing the status of those 4 soldiers to "7" and giving them 100 stun but haven't a clue what caused this prob in 1st place and wud like to avoid it again as it took me over an hour to tweak the .sav file.

Offline FudgeDragon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 03, 2015, 12:54:22 am »
Righto, I'll take a look at that.

EDIT: I build a quick debug build of my binary, and after pulling together your extra mods (Armor_Stealth_Suit, ExtraPockets, WeaponNaymore, WeaponTranquilizer) I was able to load the file and observe the problem.

According the the stack trace the AI is crashing, which neither Shoes original code or my merges have touched. I'll investigate further in the morning, but I suspect loading the file into a non modded exe will give the same crash.

I'm sure Dioxine will correct me if I'm wrong, but my initial guess is a bugged map from Hobbes Terrain pack. At one point people were being encouraged to upgrade it in the Piratez thread, but I don't know what version you would have to download. The latest has been upgraded to the latest nightly and is thus now potentially incompatible.

My initial guess is that those 4 soldiers you knocked out were spawned on bad nodes of some kind. I suspect if you keep playing you won't encounter the problem again, at least not until you encounter another bugged map.

I will however perform my second test in the morning to make sure for you.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 01:24:46 am by FudgeDragon »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 03, 2015, 01:23:03 am »
Can you guys recommend something that would work with Cygwin, if it exists?
after couples of hours of fighting with cygwin and mxe I managed to create broken exe that cant load basic game :/
I probably stick to VM and Linux to creating exe.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: June 03, 2015, 01:52:10 am »
Had to do the same for the last 3 enemies so I look forawrd to what u may come up with. Btw pirates pogrom are bloody hard like flintlocks vs laser weapons!

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: June 03, 2015, 02:45:34 am »
after couples of hours of fighting with cygwin and mxe I managed to create broken exe that cant load basic game :/
I probably stick to VM and Linux to creating exe.

Thanks for the legwork anyway :)

Offline SDEDEN

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: June 03, 2015, 05:11:18 am »
I can't wait to try the Extended edition! Gonna finish my current play through first. Really just making the final preps for Cydonia.

Offline FudgeDragon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: June 03, 2015, 08:56:45 am »
Had to do the same for the last 3 enemies so I look forawrd to what u may come up with. Btw pirates pogrom are bloody hard like flintlocks vs laser weapons!

Right. I built a version of the required nightly for Piratez in debug mode, and you still get the same crash.

From this I believe it is definitely a map crash. Once you get back to the geoscape you should be alright, you might even never see it again. However there was something suggested on the pirates thread that may reduce the chance of this happening. I'm going to quote Dioxine directly:

It might also be a map crash, but those are rare. Grab the latest Hobbes' Terrain Pack and overwrite Terrains, Maps and Routes with what you find there. If the crash persists, I guess there is no other choice than loading your game from before the landing and re-playing the mission. Also make sure Savescumming is enabled so a different terrain will be spawned.

The last version of the terrain pack specifically built for our nightly is 3.5.3, however as we only want TERRAIN, MAPS and ROUTES 3.7 may still be viable, as any incompatibility should be in the ruleset.

This should greatly reduce the risk of it ever happening again although not eliminate it completely. See Dioxine's next post:

Terrains that might cause crashes like this (occassionally, but still) are: Commercial, Railyard, Farm, Urban. The last 2 contain non-Hobbes made custom maps. Sooner or later I'll have to tackle those, but I don't want to 'fix' Hobbes' maps...

It's a pretty small chance it happens anyway, I'm 8 months in and haven't seen a map crash.

Sadly, replacing those files may not fix your current crash, as some map information is baked into your save. You may have to continue as you are (removing troublesome units from the save) for the duration of your current geoscape mission.

Maybe someone else may have another suggestion, but I'm sorry I cannot be any further help. Im 99.9% sure its not my exe.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #777 on: June 03, 2015, 12:00:35 pm »
The last version of the terrain pack specifically built for our nightly is 3.5.3, however as we only want TERRAIN, MAPS and ROUTES 3.7 may still be viable, as any incompatibility should be in the ruleset.

If a new Nightly created any incompatibility with TERRAINS, MAPS or ROUTES (ie. original game file formats), we'd be better off packing and leaving this site, or rather, waiting for a nightly that repairs such a fatal error :)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 03, 2015, 12:45:51 pm »
Ta for all the info, IF I encounter this again I'll reload from just b4 the mission and hence have a different terrain or if that doesn't work I'll try ur suggestion of using just the TERRAIN, MAPS and ROUTES of v3.7.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #779 on: June 03, 2015, 12:59:22 pm »
@Simon: Please use proper English while speaking to civilized people, apparently I can despite being a foreigner to it ;)