Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 536463 times)

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
  • Squaddie cautiously peering through the breach
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #750 on: May 28, 2015, 03:41:41 am »
Upgrading to 5/25 normal nightly fixed the issue.  I didn't delete the options.cfg file.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: June 01, 2015, 03:44:53 am »
Order of the Reaper is functional it seems! This soldier got a flurry of commendations for a grenade that killed two aliens. I think debug-killing the rest of the aliens caused him to get a few more :x Also notice how he was not commended as being an awesome rookie; only squaddies and up get commendations like that.

Offline FudgeDragon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: June 01, 2015, 10:16:27 am »
Looking good shoes.

And with that I'm bringing all my unoffical extra builds up to date.
All builds below are currently based off of the current build of Soldier Diaries (01/06/2015 01:45:12 - Commit:4a5c9e73d308f97d526959b62cb438e79ace1863)

Soldier Diaries Extended (based of of OpenXCom 25/05/2015 08:57:51 - Commit:db285720550dd4cd87482010f9e94464929ad60b & OpenXCom Extended 27/05/2015 18:37:59 - Commit:c90d5f8cfc7a2a351cae1ce60ee348f681eb1b06)
Combines OpenXCom Extended with Soldier Diaries for the latest nightly
Git: https://github.com/fudgedragon/OpenXcom/tree/SoldierDiariesExtended
Downloads: Windows (win32 x64)

Soldier Diaries Legacy (based of of OpenXCom 30/04/2015 06:20:02 - Commit:28bdaf9eaae8af5d1fa2f6593cf4f619c67fee83)
Provides the latest soldier diaries code, backported to work with the last nightly before the mod changes were brought in, should work with older mods such as Piratez that were designed to work with the older system
Git: https://github.com/fudgedragon/OpenXcom/tree/SoldierDiariesLegacy20150430

Soldier Diaries Legacy+ (based of of OpenXCom 30/04/2015 06:20:02 - Commit:28bdaf9eaae8af5d1fa2f6593cf4f619c67fee83)
Playtested for 8 ingame months
The same as above but also provides the following additional features:
  • Adds Pull Request: Maintenance time is now displayed in the intercept window in the Geoscape by bslaveboy
  • Adds Pull Request: Profitability information on the manufacturing screen by myk002
  • Adds Pull Request: Add melee availability to statstring conditions by    IvanDogovich
  • Adds Pull Request: Add heath bar flash when a soldier has fatal wounds by redv
  • Adds Custom Code: Adds a new (optional) advanced option to restrict aliens to the same psionics rules as humans (someone needs to establish line of sight, but not the soldier doing the MC) by me
  • Adds Custom Code: Adds a new (optional) advanced option to reduce alien time units on the first turn to simulate prior movement and reduce reaction fire by me
  • A Custom ruleset: Optionally changes some interface elements in the diaries for users of the Piratez mod
Git: https://github.com/fudgedragon/OpenXcom/tree/SoldierDiariesLegacy20150430+

The piratez_diaries_lang.rul file is also available seperately here.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 08:39:36 am by FudgeDragon »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #753 on: June 01, 2015, 03:02:09 pm »
<snip>

Soldier Diaries Legacy+ (based of of OpenXCom 30/04/2015 06:20:02 - Commit:28bdaf9eaae8af5d1fa2f6593cf4f619c67fee83)
Playtested for 8 ingame months
The same as above but also provides the following additional features:
  • Adds Pull Request: Maintenance time is now displayed in the intercept window in the Geoscape by bslaveboy
  • Adds Pull Request: Profitability information on the manufacturing screen by myk002
  • Adds Pull Request: Add melee availability to statstring conditions by    IvanDogovich
  • Adds Pull Request: Add heath bar flash when a soldier has fatal wounds by redv
  • Adds Custom Code: Adds a new (optional) advanced option to restrict aliens to the same psionics rules as humans (someone needs to establish line of sight, but not the soldier doing the MC) by me
  • Adds Custom Code: Adds a new (optional) advanced option to reduce alien time units on the first turn to simulate prior movement and reduce reaction fire by me
Git: https://github.com/fudgedragon/OpenXcom/tree/SoldierDiariesLegacy20150430+

<Sniff>  Its so beautiful!!  Awesome work!
Cheers, Ivan :D

Offline FudgeDragon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: June 01, 2015, 04:27:48 pm »
Heh, I figured you'd like it. While I don't expect you to use it for your Let's Play, in my head that has always been the Ivandogovich build. That last advanced option was actually written in an afternoon after watching you're disastrous terror mission at the black citadel (ep #21). Of course it wouldn't have stopped the grenade.

Learned something new today. Piratez doesn't have any en-UK translations, and I've been playing all this time with my game set to en-UK completely fine.

Today I set about throwing together a small string file, making the Soldier Diaries interface more piratey, I included en-UK and en-US strings. Upon its activation all the Piratez stings stopped working.

Moral of this story. OpenXCom will happily fall back to en-US if a mod doesn't include your current language, but the second another mod loads any extraStrings for that language at all, the fallback stops.  ::) I understand why this works like this in practice, but ugh.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #755 on: June 01, 2015, 05:43:06 pm »
 ;D  Its the new Let's Play build.  :) (Won't get to employ until episodes next week as this week's are all recorded.  The diaries will kinda start from scratch, but I'm cool with that too. :)

On the fence about reduced enemy TUs.  In some ways it feels unfair to the AI, but it would be nice to not feel like a mouse trapped by a cat in the early game when baddies are staring up the Bonnie's skirt.  It always feels so helpless and exposed.   Once you have decent ranged weapons, it may get easier, as you can start with a volume of fire that may neutralize that extreme immediate danger.  I just hate charging down ramps into reaction fire.  That zerg rush thing is my least favorite tactic.

Anyway, thanks for the awesome build!!! THANK YOU!! :D

Edit: Also, throw me the strings for the piratey soldier diaries. ;)

Offline FudgeDragon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: June 01, 2015, 06:06:35 pm »
;D  Its the new Let's Play build.  :) (Won't get to employ until episodes next week as this week's are all recorded.  The diaries will kinda start from scratch, but I'm cool with that too. :)

On the fence about reduced enemy TUs.  In some ways it feels unfair to the AI, but it would be nice to not feel like a mouse trapped by a cat in the early game when baddies are staring up the Bonnie's skirt.  It always feels so helpless and exposed.   Once you have decent ranged weapons, it may get easier, as you can start with a volume of fire that may neutralize that extreme immediate danger.  I just hate charging down ramps into reaction fire.  That zerg rush thing is my least favorite tactic.

Anyway, thanks for the awesome build!!! THANK YOU!! :D

Edit: Also, throw me the strings for the piratey soldier diaries. ;)

On Blackbeard you're looking at 35-85% of regular TUs at the start. I use it myself and find that I still face a fair volume of fire. What I do find is you are less likely to be fired at by heavy weapons. It's a personal choice, you can still get really hot deployments. (I had a boomisaurus virtualy right underneath the hatch)

And sure thing on the piraty diaries, I attached it to this post. Just drop this into your rulesets folder and enable. Just make sure you're on en-US and not en-UK.

Please be aware it's only the diaries interface, not the commendations. If you have any suggestions let me know, I might start bundling it in the + packages.

On that note I was taking a look at actually adapting the commendations for Piratez. I was thinking something like Trophies or Wanted posters. It might take a slight code tweak to move the "First award" text out into the ruleset so that different rewards can have different text. I was also thinking it would be a good idea to have a way to access the UFOPediea page from somewhere other than the main GEOSCAPE Screen.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: June 01, 2015, 06:30:15 pm »
On that note I was taking a look at actually adapting the commendations for Piratez. I was thinking something like Trophies or Wanted posters. It might take a slight code tweak to move the "First award" text out into the ruleset so that different rewards can have different text.

The "First award" and stuff is hard coded in an ugly way. However, the text can be easily changed; you can add more awards if you wanted by just adding more strings. Commendations can also skip different awards, so you can make weird "categories" of awards, so you can have 1x awards being for wantedness and 2x awars being for awesomness.

If you look at the ruleset, some commendations are like
Code: [Select]
  - type: STR_MEDAL_ALLRANKS_NAME
    description: STR_MEDAL_ALLRANKS_DESCRIPTION
    sprite: 00
    criteria:
      killsWithCriteriaCareer: [3, 6, 9, 9, 9, 9, 12, 12, 12, 12]

So there are four awards for this commendations, it goes straight to "no decoration", "1 bronze pin", "2 silver pins", "3 gold pins".

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: June 01, 2015, 08:00:57 pm »
FudgeDragon if you are interested in more clean exe (a.k.a without all this dll's) you could checkout mxe environment (only draw back it require Linux, but VM can handle this).
OpenXcom nightly and my extended version is build on this.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #759 on: June 02, 2015, 02:40:32 am »
This is quite awesome. I'll have to check it out.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #760 on: June 02, 2015, 03:34:08 am »
This is quite awesome. I'll have to check it out.

If you like it, you might consider posting the link in the PirateZ opening post.   Just a thought. :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #761 on: June 02, 2015, 05:58:15 am »
Nah it needs to be fully integrated. Looks like another feature for the extended version... hope it gets updated from time to time else I'm stuck with the current Nightly/Extended :) Well provided this doesn't cause any game crashes.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #762 on: June 02, 2015, 05:59:03 am »
@Fudge Dragon:

STR_MISSION_DETAILS: "MISSION LOG"
Thats the only suggestion I thought of for the file. :)  Can't wait fer the gals to get some missions under their belts. :)

Offline FudgeDragon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: June 02, 2015, 08:34:13 am »
FudgeDragon if you are interested in more clean exe (a.k.a without all this dll's) you could checkout mxe environment (only draw back it require Linux, but VM can handle this).
OpenXcom nightly and my extended version is build on this.

Hmm it's certainty appealing, and probably easier than getting visual studio to build everything statically. What's a popular linux disto for that sort of thing at the moment?

@Fudge Dragon:

STR_MISSION_DETAILS: "MISSION LOG"
Thats the only suggestion I thought of for the file. :)  Can't wait fer the gals to get some missions under their belts. :)

Thanks for the feedback, good to hear it's alright.

Interesting, I'll upload the changed file both to my previous post, and I'll bundle it with the Legacy + Build, but I came across what may be a bug.

Shoes you have two sets of STR_MISSION_DETAILS:, One says "MISSION DETAILS", and the other says "MISSION DETAILS FOR{NEWLINE}{0}"

EDIT: Shoes, I notice you've linked my post from the OP, I'll make sure to update that with any changes rather than posting a reply.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 10:52:06 am by FudgeDragon »

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: June 02, 2015, 12:44:57 pm »
Shoes you have two sets of STR_MISSION_DETAILS:, One says "MISSION DETAILS", and the other says "MISSION DETAILS FOR{NEWLINE}{0}"

Good find ;p I wonder how long that's be like that. If you look at the OP, there's a screen shot of mission details that even says "MISSION DETAILS FOR". The source doesn't provide arguments. I'll keep the simple "Mission Details".

EDIT: Shoes, I notice you've linked my post from the OP, I'll make sure to update that with any changes rather than posting a reply.

That might be the safest thing to do. I would totally post a reply with a link to that post if you ever you make updates though.