Author Topic: X-Chronicles Release, v.1.1  (Read 63848 times)

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: X-Chronicles Release, v.1.0
« Reply #255 on: April 06, 2024, 10:18:36 am »
Yep, no easy solution...
Personally, I'd just close my eyes, click OK in the equip screen, CTRL-K right after and wait ten seconds.  :P
Have I mentioned previously that some enemies in X-Chronicle are immune to CTRL-K and CTRL-J?  :D

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 06, 2024, 10:53:14 am »
Elves are not limited to the area I patrol.
Oh, i know i miss something.
It's a bug. You need to find a string
Code: [Select]
STR_ALVI_VISITED: false #trueIn the file "missionscripts.rul and fix it like this:
STR_ALVI_VISITED: true
Also, if it helps, prior to these saves, I had actually been using the previous version of the mod before I replaced it with the latest version.
That is a key, i think. This kind of problem was fixed in v.1.0

Upd.: quickfix uploaded to mod.io. Please replace file in "/xchr/ruleset/" golder.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 04:26:19 am by Nord »

Offline murkhach@centrum.cz

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: X-Chronicles Release, v.0.99.17.1
« Reply #257 on: April 08, 2024, 12:13:08 am »
Valuable source of artifacts in early game is Rifts. They are relative easy and spawn regularly.
I can confirm that in 2nd or 3rd rift got Strong artifact ....
(But you have to  complete second stage begind rift .. RIFT STABILIZATION  research is needed)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 12:20:24 am by murkhach@centrum.cz »

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 08, 2024, 12:36:10 am »
Version 1.0 is up.
Changelog:
- Added new race: elves, with their own items and missions.
- More QOL ufopedia articles;
- Bugfixing and balancing;
- Mod is finally complete, maybe will be some bugfixes if needed.

Great job, so I try to start a new game  ...

Offline Hadriex

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 08, 2024, 06:37:16 am »
Looks like so much has been added since I played it. Don't know when I'll have the opportunity to give the completed mod a go but I find I keep thinking more about this one then most of the other mods I've tried. It's such a wild reinterpretation.

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 08, 2024, 05:42:20 pm »
Current playthrough progress:

I discovered the Rifts, but did not yet research them properly. Live captures and armor have priority.

It turns out that the grenade launcher is great against blue shields. Sometimes I drop an outcast mage in just one hit.
A rift did open once out of my reach, but since the despawn penalty is just 10 points (as opposed to the 50 points from dead civvies if you look and run), it was not so bad.

The interrogation roulette is quite annoying. It was the second-to-last Marauder Boss that gave me the Magic Items research, finally allowing me to research Shielded Lab. I had similar issues with Savage Magic, but runed weapons are not quite as necessary as proper research.

Edit: I am currently chasing something that, at least in the interception window, looks like a medium scout. I suspect bugginess.
Edit2: It landed and is actually a medium scout with sectoids. But since their plasma weapons have different sprites, they might be intended foes?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 06:13:09 pm by Mathel »

Offline EleriumWard

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 09, 2024, 02:36:22 pm »
STR_ALVI_VISITED: trueThat is a key, i think. This kind of problem was fixed in v.1.0

Upd.: quickfix uploaded to mod.io. Please replace file in "/xchr/ruleset/" golder.
[/quote]

Nope, still getting an error. Already replaced the rule.

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 09, 2024, 06:55:35 pm »
"The council of funding nations is very pleased with your excellent progress, BUT REFUSES TO INCREASE FOUNDING!!!" (Monthly score: 1219)
Is this an intentional behavior? What is the threshold for actual funding increase? I can't find that in configs.
-----UPDATE-----
OK, with score 1410 few countries decided to give me additional 51 000$. Let's have a party!

Also noticed missing string: STR_FOREST_RUMORS. And no article when researched...
And M2010 SR has 10 bullets, not 5 (from ufopedia).
And no bullet hit sound for Barret M82.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 09:18:07 pm by Vakrug »

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 09, 2024, 07:13:24 pm »
The funding thing is probably from original X-Com.

Every country decides separately if it will increase your funding based on how pleased that particular country is.
I sadly do not know the minimum points to increase and the maximum to decrease funding. In either case, it happens by 1/20 to 1/5 of the country's current funding, rounded to 1 000$.

Additionally, every country has a funding roof above which they will not go. (I noticed this playing XPiratez).
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 07:20:33 pm by Mathel »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 10, 2024, 07:40:45 am »
Nope, still getting an error. Already replaced the rule.
That quickfix was for other problem. I'll look at your save when it will be downloaded at last. (Awful internet connection)
Is this an intentional behavior?
Yep. They are happy, you make it good enough, why pay more? :D
If seriously, only those nations will increase funding, where you have missions completed. If you get a ton of rating points from research or other sources, this will give you only a single-time reward.
As of other feedback - thank you, i will fix that ASAP.

Upd.: EleriumWard, by unknown reason i can not download files attached to forum (maybe my internet is too bad). Can you upload it elsewhere? I will try again during night, anyway.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 12:21:25 pm by Nord »

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 10, 2024, 06:39:17 pm »
1. With Rift Stabilization, rift missions tell me to enter the illuminated exit. However, there is no exit zone. The "Run Away" window doesn't even have it listed.
2. I got the same error as EleriumWind (Crash to Desktop due to not being able to place any X-Com units) when killing all Acid Slugs on my side of the Rift.

Also, I think your internet failed you when trying to upload the quickfix, whatever it was supposed to be. The version on mod.io is exactly the same as the one from 4.4.2024, including the elves being allowed to attack before you visit them. The last edited file within Ruleset is units.rul, edited on 23:18 3.4.2024. Edit: Sorry, didn't notice there was a single file missionscripts.zip.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 03:50:28 pm by Mathel »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 11, 2024, 02:24:46 am »
 Hi.
I found an error source. Now i need to find a way to fix it.
Please, wait for the new version.
Thanks.

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 11, 2024, 11:51:13 am »
Ouch! Lost in July 2021 due to low score on Veteran difficulty. At least I saw a bad ending cutscene...
I accepted and won pretty much all missions available to me. I tried to save as many civilians I can, but with 40 TU not much can be done. I even managed to take down 1 ship and with an interceptor.
Last 2 month alien activity was 2500. On the other side of the globe.
I think game needs more balance.
I will edit save file to continue playing. And it looks like I will do this every month from now on. 4 invader's bases somewhere around the globe is not a joke.
--------------------
Also, Roacher's death animation still misses few frames.
And "wild psionic" attack without sound. Is it intended?
--------------------
I am morally obliterated in my current game, so will not continue it. I already forgot how difficult is to acquire first psions... And those fences... I hate them!!! Normally a fence is just a one time obstacle, but not in this mod where it is permanent.
I am looking forward for updates. Aside from bugfixes we really need some rebalancing. Game says that I am not supposed to worry about things around the globe until I decide to. And yet I was defeated by alien activities not within my range. This should not happen, at least on medium difficulty.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 03:32:36 pm by Vakrug »

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 15, 2024, 10:25:03 am »
Hi is it intended, that scientist cost so much ?
 - Hiring, salary, small lab size ?
  (in first one or two years you can hardly afford more than 30 scientist)

There is lot of research  (and especially many autopsies and creature analysis that  give you nothing)
that even if you know what you are researching you spend a months with almost no progress.

Offline Nonenone

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: X-Chronicles Release, v.0.99.6
« Reply #269 on: April 15, 2024, 05:12:59 pm »
I'd suggest increasing sell prices of invader stuff, at least. Also, I'd suggest making various special events (beast terror missions, graveyards, rifts, etc.) yield something you can sell for some money (currently the corpses aren't worth much at all), for example shai-huluds could be disassembled to produce expensive teeth or something. At the moment, these missions are money-wise worthless, yet take some time to complete (especially if you have village mazes, tough enemies, etc.; FWIW I also got glass spider once in antarctic and the mission was unsolvable: one of them was camouflaging on an inaccessible ice island, and I had to use debug mode to get rid of it)

I'm currently in January 2022 and total council funding is at 19M (I have the whole globe covered with 6 bases). There's still 3-4M surplus every month (with about 150 scientists). Yet I'm still only 19 % through the research tree. To make the game progression faster and reduce the grinding elements somewhat, I suppose you could also increase the council funding and how fast it grows. There could also be some items engineers could manufacture and you could sell, to make use of engineers and earn money, but I understand completely if you want to avoid that kind of economy (I have felt it's rather stupid myself).

Hmm? I wonder if these are phased properly. You are able to get X-contract likely much earlier than getting psions. It seems you get on the path leading to psionic powers through researching fire mage, rune mage, etc. I have postponed researching them to delay legionaires and more difficult enemies appearing.

But for what it's worth, X sniper rifles are at least very usable with humans. Others I haven't used that much (though rifle could be useful with spare clips).

BTW, I think the first alien base (hive) appeared in October 2021 or so. I don't think there's much chance of dealing with it yet, so I have had to leave it be and grow. Also, there have been some other enemies that seem to be non-defeatible for now (for example the UFOs with stalkers and the other beasts, the other ice thingies behind ice rift).

How for the love of god you have 19m from council? I barely scrap by selling most of the stuff since i cant keep more than 30 scientists in July of 2021 and i just got x weapons