Author Topic: X-Chronicles Release, v.1.1  (Read 63596 times)

Offline EleriumWard

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: X-Chronicles Release, v.1.0
« Reply #240 on: April 04, 2024, 04:20:23 pm »
Encounter an error while doing a Rift mission involving shooter beetles. Was about to get to the second half of the mission before the game crashed on me

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 04, 2024, 04:25:20 pm »
Version 1.0 is up.
Changelog:
- Added new race: elves, with their own items and missions.
- More QOL ufopedia articles;
- Bugfixing and balancing;
- Mod is finally complete, maybe will be some bugfixes if needed.

Congratulations on 1.0 !!

I hope I can find some time this year to give this mod a try.

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
Re: X-Chronicles Release, v.0.99.17.1
« Reply #242 on: April 04, 2024, 06:47:52 pm »
Valuable source of artifacts in early game is Rifts. They are relative easy and spawn regularly.

Hmm, I never found any artifacts near rifts. I am not sure if I did any after I researched Rift Stabilization though.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #243 on: April 04, 2024, 09:17:09 pm »
Nord, I would also like to congratulate you on the release. This is such a unique and also enormous project.

I would certainly like to watch Meriian's LP of it!

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 05, 2024, 09:49:18 am »
How did you make that savefile? It looks like it is geoscape save of fast battle.
Also, cant reproduce. Do you have a save from battlefield? Autosave maybe?

Thanks. Nice to hear.
Of course you must go through.
Thanks.

Online Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 05, 2024, 10:59:04 am »
Oh, yes! I was waiting for 1.0 to try this mod again.
Sadly, judging from update notes, acquiring all necessary parts to actually finish a game is still a nightmare.
The worst part is that, even if you read mod files, it is still impossible to know where to find those necessary items, because these are coded into binary map files.
BTW, does anyone knows how to read map files? It would greatly help with sanity drain...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 05, 2024, 12:00:34 pm »
BTW, does anyone knows how to read map files? It would greatly help with sanity drain...

MCDEdit does.

Online Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 05, 2024, 03:00:05 pm »
MCDEdit does.
:-\ MCDEdit edits ".mcd" files, indeed. Aren't stuff like "inactive obelisk" hides in ".map" files?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 05, 2024, 06:12:04 pm »
:-\ MCDEdit edits ".mcd" files, indeed. Aren't stuff like "inactive obelisk" hides in ".map" files?

Tiles go on maps, but their definition goes in the terrain files.

I'm not sure what you want to do... If you want to put some objects on maps, then you need MapView, but if you want to edit those objects, then you need MCDEdit.

Online Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 05, 2024, 06:36:19 pm »
I'm not sure what you want to do... If you want to put some objects on maps, then you need MapView, but if you want to edit those objects, then you need MCDEdit.
I don't want to edit anything. I want to see stuff. More specifically where to find important items like "inactive obelisk", "mind probe" thingy and maybe other stuff. Such info is not inside readable yaml files, I checked. So that I know what mission to await, do I need to leave forts for now and so on. I can't find that info in MCDEdit.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 05, 2024, 08:51:46 pm »
If you don't want to cross-reference MCD 'Target_Type's, item 'specialtype's and which maps have what objects on them, the easiest way would be to use Quick Battles, debug-killing, and see what loot you get. Maybe not all missions will work with QB mode, but I'd think most would (no idea though, never actually played X-Chronicles :-[ ).

Online Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 05, 2024, 11:42:43 pm »
If you don't want to cross-reference MCD 'Target_Type's, item 'specialtype's and which maps have what objects on them, the easiest way would be to use Quick Battles, debug-killing, and see what loot you get. Maybe not all missions will work with QB mode, but I'd think most would (no idea though, never actually played X-Chronicles :-[ ).
Quick Battles would probably be my last resort since I don't want to see that much in advance.
I found Target_Type: 59 (0) in MCD Edit program. Are you saying this field "spawns items"?  ??? Looks like mission is really impossible.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 06, 2024, 12:26:42 am »
Yes, that's the link between the loot and the MCDs. If it's 0, you get nothing. There's a tooltip for values carried over from the base game (though these items may have been removed in X-Chronicles, IDK).

There can also be certain conditions where these items are not recovered, I recall 'allowObjectiveRecovery' and of course 'recoveryDividers' can be set too low.

If you don't want to use Quick Battle, I'm afraid extensive cross-checking of items, MCDs and terrains is the only other way. And not very precise, since to check whether an object is actually on the map and just not potentially on the map you kinda need to see the map. :)

Personally, I'd just close my eyes, click OK in the equip screen, CTRL-K right after and wait ten seconds.  :P

Offline EleriumWard

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 06, 2024, 04:27:50 am »
How did you make that savefile? It looks like it is geoscape save of fast battle.
Also, cant reproduce. Do you have a save from battlefield? Autosave maybe?
I have attached the other save files of my current playthrough. Also, if it helps, prior to these saves, I had actually been using the previous version of the mod before I replaced it with the latest version. I then continued my playthrough afterwards.

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 06, 2024, 08:40:48 am »
Elves are not limited to the area I patrol.
Also, I am being blamed for whatever the invaders are doing in both the Americas and South Africa. I've done every mission I possibly could have, yet still it seems I will lose at the end of the month from negative points.

Edit: I was wrong. It seems I ran from 2 missions at some point. Not in the last few months though, I think.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 09:08:22 am by Mathel »